The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Sadly no, it’s a bit old. I can’t remember when I first came across it.

Oh yeah, here’s the Bilz guy from the Captain Commando manga who looks like SFV Cody, kinda curious

1 Like

Cool find

I like this :slight_smile:

1 Like

See Ryu do Shin Shoryuken -> damn you sfv

Remember unplayable Ryu HAVE Shin Shoryuken in SFV -> I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

New mechanic pls be 2nd CA :pray:

Shin Shoryuken, powered up if in VT2

True Arcade Mode is bad for telling stories…

Yet still SF1, SF2 and SF3 were failed tournament stories not because they are in Arcade Mode. they are now heavily questioned and doubt in terms validity.

But because they are retcon out of existence, bad casting because some of the cast didn’t age well and ended up as random street thug level and jobber

SF1 got jobers Joe, Mike and etc as a representative participants for a historical events,

SF3 got noobs and teens as participants as for something that is a tournament held by a dangerous secret society

Those tournament ignore the existence of those character that are relevant in SF.

most of the partipants are not worthy to even filtered and chosen to be in a best of best of the world

I do believe a proper tournament story for SF can be but I don’t believe we it should be a staple and a continous or fighting game stories should be focus on it most of the time.

This games were clearly supposed to represent tournaments with alternative path by playing other fighting game character and has a true events/ending when playing the right character.

Like @Chun-Li_Forever well said it.

Agree, It’s just SF having problems with Tournament stories that cause inconsistency with latter future stories and characters, but also KOF having inconsistencies with FF and AOF first they where acknowledge to be part of it with just a retcon of the age. but then latter complete wiped out the earlier tournaments event before KOF94.

While SF3 is part of the main expanding canon of SF that continous having updates compare to KOF and Garou isn’t in the same canon nor even FF or AOF.

My thoughts are TOURNAMENT STORIES doesn’t age well for a FIGHTING GAME STORIES that is expanding and everchanging.

Mainly because of recurring casting and some fighting game characters doesn’t age well too, So it affect their major involvement later in other games.

Like Tournaments in KOF, SF and etc. We don’t welcome the Time Travel and Parallel Dimention in SF were not MK

In conclusion do I dislike tournament stories? NO

That is the idea which I disagree with, the idea to ditch story functional characters over a story that is centered about tournament and the new characters martial arts representive as the focus of tournament story of future SF titles.

People might have the wrong impression. this is were I disgree with as the priority is change and to favor randomness to be the focus of the story.

3 Likes

I think KOF XI had a great story and its arcade mode told it well enough.

Same for Alpha.

It IS possible to tell good stories well enough using only arcade resources.

2 Likes

I don’t consider an additional CA a “new battle mechanic” it’s expanding upon an existing mechanic.

2 Likes

Universal overhead please. Thanks!

1 Like

Dramatic Battle with one specific TAG CA* as Juni & Juli had back in SFZ3, thanks.

*predefined tags only, of course. Ryu-Ken, Zangief-Mika and so on.

3 Likes

Recovery rolls please :pray:

I think that’s EXACTLY why they failed. Well, technically SF1 is a failed tournament story because the game itself has NO story.

But the others failed because Arcade mode doesn’t have consistent matches. And often has to be written as if whatever character you’re playing as won. Which, you can’t tell a story that way.

1 Like

How to handle recurring and rotation of the character roster

Ryu, Chunli and Akuma are clearly main stay they appeared in numerous media beyond SF, they are mascots and crossover icons. They are the priority.

• Akuma alone is a strong representation because of multiple cameo and guesting, even Ryu would stay as the bland icon in the sidelines but the best iconic representation of the franchise in a crossover title.

• While Chun li is the popular female in video games in the 90’s. She revolutionize the iconic representation of women in video games.

Secondary list is popularity from fandom and gameplay.

• Fandom: Guy, Karin, Poison, Sakura, Rose, Cody, Ibuki, Viper, Nash, Bison, Cammy, Juri, Zeku, Claw, Haggar, Whatsoever Edge Lord Shoto

• Gameplay: Guile, Gief, Dhalsim, Urien, Boxer, Makoto, Sagat, Yun, Makoto and etc alike

Third list are icons because mostly OG world warrior or popularity in Alpha. Taken consideration because of nostalgia

• Batch 1: Ken, Guy, Cody, Blanka, Sakura, Mika, Bison, Boxer, Claw, Zangief and etc alike

• Batch 2: THawk, Feilong, DeeJay, Honda, Sodom and etc alike

Forth list is about neutral characters that can be recurring constantly and alternatively with the others in the list.

This list are consist of anti-heroes and mercenaries that works for hire to other organization and characters. Some times they do also operate to their personal goals and had no commitment other than to themselves. They are either independent or flexible.

• Mercenaries: Zeku, Claw, Viper, Eagle, Ibuki, Juri, Birdie, Sodom, Gen and etc alike

• Neutral: Necali, Akuma, Q, Rolento, Claw, Juri and etc alike

They can be now part of a alternating sets of mainstay to diverse a cast each new street fighter titles. The best factor they ain’t meh characters just there for meh reasons that would end up with boring or silly character motivation like fighting for a car, honor and recognition.* They are part of it because they are either hired or operating under a superior and some doesn’t need commitments other than to themselves.

The fifth list are the paired and attach characters. There character motivation and goal is mostly written because they have a connection to another character.

Adon, Fuerte, Sakura, Rufus, Fang, Sean, Kage, Ken, Poison, Menat, Hugo, Guile, Nash, Fang and etc alike

The last are group of characters having conflict or attachment with an organization

• Shadaloo: Neo Shadaloo, Balrog, Bison, Rose, Guy, Abel and etc alike

• Secret Society: Necro, Gill, Urien, Kolin and etc alike

• Mad Gear: Sodom, Rolento, Guy, Poison, Cody and etc alike

• Alphabet etc: G and Q

Last but not the least the Random characters that are just being there and being random

like Feilong, Deejay, Ehonda, Blanka, Hakkan, Dan and etc alike

The list had repeated names which mean they can be worked around with either one or more categories to fit an event and plot in SF.

WAT? RUINED?

They didn’t even modern SF took inspiration Tekken like BOB.

Tekken is one of the fighting games that had the coolest new characters sought out Martial Artist

After saying Alpha is a mistake and a terrible story now your saying this about Tekken lol

3 Likes

It has and it’s story is about Ryu, you can’t even choose the characters there other than Ryu and Ken.

The thing is Capcom ditch it because the other fighting game characters in that didn’t age well and like mike, joe and etc,

because the previous stories would conflict and restrict the newer ones.

4 Likes

i will not be surprised if they sell the fact that you can chose CA as a new battle mechanic, would be a loose way to use it and simply mean “new gameplay elements are coming”

btw i would like it to be whatever as long it’s something that further help characterization being different for everybody

but maybe would end up just in some kind of pay-meter-for-special-cancel mechanic or something like that

cestus tring hard again lol

lol helpng characterization, was this some kind of a new fighting game?

there are tons better than that

additional costume, new stages, new v-skill, new storymodes, new win-quotes, new -vtrigger, new v-reversal and so- and so for… those would do helping characterization

That’s only true for a few characters. Ken’s ending for instance didn’t need him winning the tournament for it to happen.

1 Like

It only has a story because someone wrote one down somewhere outside the game.

The entirely of the “story” presented in SF 1 is:
“What strength! But don’t forget there are many guys like you all over the world.”
and
“You’ve outlasted the best. You are now the strongest street fighter in the world!”

Which is not a story.

The fact that it’s more than one already means it doesn’t work as a story.

It’s still a story of Ryu winning a tournament.

Look you can’t even used the other fighting game characters that he would fight and it has a dedicated ending exclusive for Ryu, The story is about Ryu. Arcade mode for an arcade game has story by default it’s not random because it is dedicated to him.