Miðgarðsorm Presents The Street Fighter V Story Thread

fixed

Aside Dan being base roster (and Cammy not) i actually like your starting selection

But the wait problem is there, 5 years to see the first SF3ers join?
9 for SF4, 10 for SFV?

As much as SF2 cast is holy to me, that would be huge shit to eat

Still, i take yours over another SF3 with never (or much later) SF2 legacy

But tbh both are too extremes, i like SF4/V “bit of everything” approach

When it comes to guest character, I think it’s a little of a pity VF and SF haven’t clashed yet (in a fighting game at least).

Aside from the big three (Akira, Pai and Jacky), these are some cool characters I think would be great to see among the SF cast:
Goh

Eileen

Lei-Fei

Wolf

Elena is in Season 1.

Correct, missed it
But everyone else starts from S5, still same problem

I’m not entirely into a full wishlist but more on role and diverse origin game of the cast.

If there would be new characters I prefer them coming from the background or a character that already existed but was not yet playable then turned into a playable character,

Background characters that already exist as new characters are easy to integrate into the fiction universe. It almost makes them seamless part of it without making it too complicated Why? because it doesn’t need to rewrite a huge chunk of the other characters backstory and previous events.

Ryu, Chun and Akuma is always my staple then the rest can go anywhere in the mix of already existing characters based on there role and importance in the plot.

I am more concerning on them preserving their iconic appeal or pop culture characters and not reinventing their character and personality unless they are so dated and aged poorly like the common thugs ei Joe, Mike and similar.

The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread:

We got tons of younger apprentice type characters… especially with chun li like yun, yang and Li fen.

A female sagat disciple is like popping out of nowhere all of a sudden that needs a backstory to be tied in with many characters and organization involved with Sagat.

Her absence and involvement in the Sagat is just another plot hole because no one even mentioned her ever before since. It’s better to have a independent new female character unrelated strongly to a recurring character if that is the case.

It does work to the likes of Sean to introduce her sister. Why? because sean is not like Sagat which is a recurring character.

https://twitter.com/pokeprotos/status/1329030835991822339
Looks like SF6 will be released on PS4, PS5, XBox Series X and One, and PC.

2 Likes

Cant be great if theyre using PS4 level tech to build the game

I dunno. Guilty Gear Xrd still looks lightyears better than SF5, and that was a PS3 game.

It’s part of what makes that particular technique so amazing is that it looks incredible, but actually has pretty low system requirements compared to something trying to go for a realistic style.

3 Likes

Fair point mate. Touche.

Edit: I guess alot has to do with the various directors art director, sound director etc. Hopefully no more Ono level shenanigans

As absurd it sound i’m almost happy about it, because it may result in them searching a pleasant stylization rather than some high tech realism bullshit that should never touch muh SF

A PS4 is still more than enough to handle an highly stylized japanese looking game that can look nice in whatever system, while a wannabe realistic shit risk to look quickly outdated if is’nt straight developed on next gen machines

All that is wishful thinking of course, but fingers crossed

3 Likes

Same thing with Samsho regarding the low system requirements.

I have the feeling SF6 could be re-titled and changed because of this. I’m calling it.

Street Fighter: Brah edition

1 Like

Are there any other interesting details aside of plataforms? Maybe Engine?

We’ll see more soon

SF The Secret Society Saga… SF2K lol

Just quit beating around the bush and post your wishlist, bro :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t think SamSho looks that good to be honest.

It looks pretty much exactly like SF4. And that’s kinda disappointing considering SamSho used to look anime as hell.

Yes, I was just trying to point out that it worked in terms of technicality and portability

Haha you guys mostly already post those characters that I like. So I don’t really bother much.

Code version remind more the SFEX one, but without blue hair is useless

1 Like

I mean, I would have to have.

1 Like