Miðgarðsorm Presents The Street Fighter V Story Thread

Strong candidate
He was pretty high in polls (above anybody else from SFEX), and we seen with Akira be pretty high in polls give results

I still hope not, SFV already got Dan for the retard 'fun" gimmick and will be lil sad if silly Skullo end up being our farewell to SFV cast wise

At this point will prefer even a Boss gimmick character out of Necalli or G, at least will be give some “Final” vibe

But absolute best option imho would be a total brand new villain that somehow foreshadow a new treat that we will see in SF6
Not the new Bad guy himself, maybe better one servant/general of him… think like a Sagat/Vega

“Generals” of a Boss are cool and do wonders to hype him up, see Shadakings
Would love see some asshole ambassador be at SFV crowd like “things are about to get worse”

1 Like

Thats OK with me, let them cook, I dont want a repeat of the SFV launch.

4 Likes

That’s not even far considering Fifth SFV character will arrive in autumn/winter 2021

1 Like

I’d say early 2023 is more likely

I think it’s hilarious that Ultra SF6 was already on the schedule…

2 Likes

Stylistically I hope SF6 is very different from SF4/5 but, given the rumours of Capcom trying to salvage something from Onos crap, I have a feeling it wont be.

I have a hunch they will go on a different direction, a bit more realistic but not as much as the rejected first version of SFV, something a bit more Tekken-ish I suspect.

They need to male it look like this somehow:

Also can we please go back to plain red gloves and black belt for Ryu!?

Edit: https://uk.ign.com/articles/capcom-leak-dragons-dogma-2-street-fighter-6

Just saw super SF6 and Ultra SF6. Those are probably seasons 2 and 3 though. Also final fight and power stone. Wwwettttffff!?.

Intestingly nothing on the rumoured MVC4

1 Like

Yeah it should had been that way.

The problem is that they even updated Ryu’s Alpha costume in SFV.

And think you’re still lucky, my fav was SF2 dark brown leather gloves (and dark brown hair)
image image
and these are definitely not going to return, they even fucked it up in the “SF2” color in SFV with blue gloves (and gi was a bit too azure)
My dream was get color edit, would have loved do this
sf2
or even better use the current adult version

Btw if you notice from SF4 to SFV these gloves got very ruined, so if they follow that progression chances are they may change them in SF6

Realism as the one capcom is chasing recently (DMC, RE etc) would manage to make me drop SF after decades as fan

But “realism” done in the Tekken way would be acceptable, there’s still a japanese stylization going on, characters are still loyal to themselves, it does’nt try to look like an american game… is particular noticeable when the negan crap landed in T7, that one actually seem made more for a western game and stand out like a big turd, like a mod or something

Namco’s Ryu for the little we can see was ok

Akuma looked alright too in T7, specially head

1 Like

lol

Now your saying Tekken is japanese stylization realism? lol

So when they are done in american stylization they won’t be loyal to themselves? lol

Yet your saying before that modern Final fantasy is western stylization? lol

Your always contradicting yourself. Stop inventing jargons and categories without clear definition. lol

Im not a fan of it too it’s the most logic because the future is no other than Sf3 Ryu

The problem is Capcom is even altering Ryu’s design in Alpha and I dislike it ever since

Capcom need to redefine the changes and reboot Alpha Costume for Ryu again for SF6 without the label on the gloves.

1997-2001 was when Ryu was perfected.

Capcom protags get better as they get older, hence SFIII Ryu being the best iteration. Sucks that SFIII was such a failure.

1 Like

Blue hair on Ryu sucked dicks though, even all ingame (aside 1 Kinu piece in NG) art rightfully ignored it

Hope to never see blue hair again lol

You know his hair wasn’t actually blue, right? That’s just a common color used to show highlighting on black.

3 Likes

Anime wise yes, that or gray or brown (in case of a very dark brown)

But’s SF3 Ryu’s was just invasive as fuck blue

Rest of SF3 art used dark gray or brown for very same purpose

image image

Reality is Ryu got that bright blue only because SF3 had a boner for these shit colors, just like Gill color was changed to “show off graphics”

shrug I never had a problem with it. I never took it to be anything other than black.

Although I DO remember going “Huh…he’s got black hair now. After having brown before. Weird.”

3 Likes

Lol, You didn’t get it what he was saying. it was just for the in-game style that for game sprites and stages.

And wasn’t really there or to represent his hair to be dyed

Wayback the 90s, Pixel based videogames artwork and portraits wasn’t mean to be in the same style in 1:1 to represent the in-game sprites. It’s not just SF but also like Final Fantasy.

Even early SF2 artwork and portraits were not so accurate from the in-game sprites.

Even your examples isn’t in the same style but all of them is to represent the in-game sprite and vice-versa

That was a different case to Ryu hair lol

Fun thing in the bearded Battle one they gave him brown again
immagine

I dislike the beard, but the hair was good to the point i like it just as much as standard one
This modder slapped it on standard head, the result is’nt bad (cody costume aside LOL), just needs sideburns (that in this case are gone with the beard) and bit shorter length on the sides

Could have been used to do an actually good nostalgia SF2 version, quick job too

1 Like

NO!

This is just basic. Very Basic

It depends on the lighting of the stage, lol even the skin color change not just the hair on the lighting…

SFV is a 3D game it has dynamic lighting compare to 2D pixel games like SF3, SFA and SF2.

If you haven’t still realize… the lighting of the stage doesn’t affect the sprites. This is in pixelbased/2D games.

close up in an equal lighting and plain environment

It’s not different