Miðgarðsorm Presents The Street Fighter V Story Thread

And 3, 4 and 5 eventually. I just got tired of typing after 2 seasons.

Retsu and Lee would functionally be new characters.

Honestly, I was just having fun.

We all know my REAL SF6 roster would be tag teams.

1 Like

The only thing I want in terms of new characters would be a Chun-Li disciple as well as a Sagat disciple (a female muay thai, for once).

They was SF1, not even side series
They will not be new, just recovered after long time

With “new” i mean actual brand new and at least 4 of them in standard cast + some in each DLC. Aside when we got crap chars, i liked SFV model of cast expansion

Yeah i love the idea

If they’ve never been playable, they’re new.

1 Like

They’re stil not new designs to me, think i even consider “half new” NPCs turned playable in the list, let alone characters that were in the cast (even if only opponents)

New to me is Necalli, Laura, Rashid etc

NPCs that got huge redesign like Zeku or Kolin maybe sneak in(but i’m mostly bieased because they’re that good additions), but most NPC feel to me more recycle than will to expand SF universe
Still want Tom as MMA rep though lol

Definitely want see more Necalli, Laura, Rashid etc kind of additions

I love see the characters i truly want return, but i will remember each SF chapter for the new faces is capable to deliver, they are key to the chapter’s vibe imho

1 Like

It’s okay that you’re wrong.

1 Like

Retsu or Lee would be the same as let’s say Gen or Birdie or Adon in SFA, they was’nt brand new characters, they were just big redesigns.
Well, Birdie’s redesign was so huge that was almost a new char, but you get the point

Actual new designs were Nash, Rose, Mika etc

Not that this should stop them to be in new chapters, my list would actual have Retsu and Eagle to jump in

But have a SF where teh new faces are 2 SF1 dudes would be “atypical” at least, for better or worse

SFA got some actual new faces (even if aside Nash/Dan was essentially an all waifu thing), even if was mostly focused on recycle from SF1 and FF

SF3 got fuckton, even if to the bad extreme
SF4 got good amount
SFV got good amount

SF6 having Retsu+Lee and nothing else would be basically a stop

Not that i have that huge faith in theyr abiliy of create new chars, my opinion quality wise they’re like 50/50 at create them, but still, i like see them keep win and fail trying to expand SF world

1 Like

Right. New characters.

1 Like

Dudley or Hugo in SF6 would be new characters?

No. They were already playable in previous SFs.

Gen, Birdie and Adon weren’t prior to Alpha.

But they were all SF characters playable or not lol

Ok, let’s roll with that

Do you consider SFV Gill brand new character?

I get what you’re trying to do there, but Gill was playable in Anniversary Collection, so, no.

It’s pretty cut and dry.

If you’ve never been playable, you are just an NPC. Once you become playable, you are a PC. A character that has never been a PC before the current game is a “New Character”.

1 Like

I’m not trying to do, there’s no trick

This is where this kind of logic show to be thin rather than solid lol
Gill would have been to you 100% new char but is’nt because Capcom just did the click to make same character playable in a specific version

Playable or not Gill even in NG had his own recognizable design, style of fight etc… he was already a SF character before AC lol
Same for the 4 Shadaloo kings in early SF2

Capcom created the characters, make them playable or not don’t does’nt deny that from that point they “exist”

It’s not hard see the difference between these and let’s say Sakura in A, Alex in 3, Abel in 4, Necalli in V

Capcom counted Gouken, Zeku and Lucia as a new character

1 Like

Anyway, DEX’s REAL SF6 roster:

Base Roster

Ryu + Ken
Honda + Hakan
Blanka + Dan
Guile + Nash
Chun Li + Viper
Zangief + Haggar
Dhalsim + Oro
Balrog + Birdie
Vega + Juri
Sagat + Adon
Bison + FANG

DLC1

T. Hawk + Noembelu
Fei Long + Lee
Dee Jay + Elena

DLC2

Cammy + Decapre
Akuma + Necalli
Guy + Zeku

DLC3

Sodom + Rolento
Rose + Menat
Sakura + Karin

DLC4

Gen + Old Lady Asuka
R. Mika + El Fuerte
Cody + Lucia

DLC5

Alex + Tom
Dudley + Eagle
Yun + Yang

DLC6

Ibuki + Maki
Necro + Effie
Sean + Laura

DLC7

Gill + Kolin
Huge + Poison
Urien + Twelve

DLC8

Remy + Elizabeth
Q + G
Makoto + Akira

DLC9

Abel + Seth
Rufus + Abigail
Gouken + Retsu

DLC10

Rashid + Azam
Ed + Falke
Xiayu + Jianyu

10 Years and Everyone Is Here, baby!!

There’s a difference between “A character that exists in the SF fiction” and a “New Character”. Nobody uses the latter to describe the former.

2 Likes

fixed

Aside Dan being base roster (and Cammy not) i actually like your starting selection

But the wait problem is there, 5 years to see the first SF3ers join?
9 for SF4, 10 for SFV?

As much as SF2 cast is holy to me, that would be huge shit to eat

Still, i take yours over another SF3 with never (or much later) SF2 legacy

But tbh both are too extremes, i like SF4/V “bit of everything” approach

When it comes to guest character, I think it’s a little of a pity VF and SF haven’t clashed yet (in a fighting game at least).

Aside from the big three (Akira, Pai and Jacky), these are some cool characters I think would be great to see among the SF cast:
Goh

Eileen

Lei-Fei

Wolf

Elena is in Season 1.

Correct, missed it
But everyone else starts from S5, still same problem