The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Guys they have well and truly dropped specific years and clearly operate on a sliding timeline.

4 Likes

Yep, for what is worth, in the character bios from SF30 collection they don’t include year of births any more.

3 Likes

Essentially.

At least until the next game comes out.

1 Like

This
Peter Parker/Spiderman is born in the '40s and he’s still young

1 Like

Guess how you get rid of this?
END BISON’S PRESENCE IN THE STORY

I don’t. Everything about Champion Edition kinda swings the situation into “this is the finale for SFV”. If there’s another season of DLC fighter then CSS would require a redesign - there’s no spots left as is and if anybody is placed in a third row above everybody else it would just look ugly

Goofy doesn’t mean a character can’t be a villain. Or are you forgetting Joker and Kefka, for example? Both are insane/clowns but have a sinister side to them that is when brought out truly can cause fear. G may have one as well and his whole “president” shtick could be nothing more than a charade to gain followship

I guess another Season can easily come with new general design… Assuming It can come only in july/August due esport shit, It will be a lot of time SFV sticked with the G Gold/spotlights theme

And we got leakers that said Oro and Rose were already a thing

Plus on general SFV at the moment feels purposely incomplete (see example G)

Idk i think if SFV still got at least 2 years before another SF come, one more Season can easily sneak in… Season V

I guess personal preference swing between who want SFV to die and who want It to stick and grow one more time
I’m in latter group for sure

1 Like

This is and is not kinda related to fighting games nowadays. Windows (the OS) has been similar to fighting games since day 1 with all of their easter eggs, updates, versions, upgrades etc.

Even though Microsoft states that there will be no Windows 11, I still think there will be if they don’t get Windows 10 right. Basically, Windows 10 was an unfinished product upon release (gee, where have I see this before).

Bison can only be postponed. Just like this thread, he is inevitable!!!

Screw that. Keep him in the roster but leave him out the main plot.

5 Likes

This
I’m ok with Bison keeping return, i WANT that

Just not as main villain, for as many chapters as possible

In SF4 worked well

2 Likes

NO! Its not.

Why would it automatically would play like Mahvel? Lol

Mahvel is a fun game but an all star Capcom fighting game doesn’t restrict its gameplay to air comboes.

Obviously your familiar with this cancelled game because it was mostly talked here

images - 2020-02-24T131520.171

Yet your not familiar with Capcom vs SNK failed spiritual successor because you justified an interfranchise crossover to be played like Mahvel. lol

images - 2020-02-24T131454.209

There was no Capcom interccrossover fighting game that is as diverse like mahvel lol.

Even if you would judge both whatever Capcom crossover with SNK like this two.

images-4

Why?

images (12)

Mahvel is the pinnacle of crossovers of Capcom titles in 90s and not those SNK crossover as reference for diversity.

Why? Because those SNK crossover back in the day are just mostly just casted with Street Fighters compare to Mahvel titles.

For like you who just likely learned 90s Capcom character from reading comments from other geek and nerd in threads like this.

From someone like you who campaigns xkira and support xkira’s dummy account tatsuroko aka ninjaworldwarrior16

and dislike Marvel Crossover, Since likely you never played it and experienced those titles in their hayday. Even failed that probably just started playing fighting games at later Soul Calibur not Soul Blade or even the original SC.

What funnier is not even knowing Jin Saotome first appearance.

JIN SAOTOME is BASIC. lol

And also coming from a guy persist wrong ideas in animation and 3D then claim in previous debates.

Your self entitlement later proves you being fraud that mostly create fake process on how things done just to persist and win arguments against people who doesn’t have an idea of what you are talking of.

For someone that knows really the process its easily for me to see especially, I like it when you lie and persist because its easy for your argument to be destroyed. Your exposing yourself by repeating wrong things. Lol

All you do is soundbytes, You trick individuals using unfamiliar terms you heard from others knowledgeable rather than how I explain how things work and why it doesn’t. You hate detail if you had one it’s most from repeated and echo other peoples idea and work.

Yet to be fair I know you can draw and knows sports but the rest nah.

The game is already overwealming of characters?

40 is alread above average for a modern 1v1 fighter.

All it needs is a new multiplayer and single player mode.

You claim missing because of the article recently posted, Yet his already a secret boss and It has no connection to justify them needs of additional characters.

It depends on which universe in the comics that based there are multiple version of peter parker and there are tons of reboots and resets in the comics. Thats not the same case with Ryu.

And every comic, tv series and movie obviously with young Peted Parker isn’t interconnected to each other.

So the best example, should be a franchise series with continuity but without the idea of aging and leaping years or timeskip.

2 Likes

It worked well until you realize that in the end Seth was going to do basically fuck all aside from trying to snatch Ryu’s powers, only to get stomped on by both Juri and Bison in the end. And if SIN actually became a new antagonistic force in the SF universe instead of just attempting to rebel against Shadaloo and immediately getting blown the fuck up within the same. Instead it all went back to Shadaloo being at the center stage yet again. But at least right now things are looking a bit prettier with Neo Shadaloo being neutral, Shadaloo being in shambles, G apparently being the real big bad, and Illuminati revealing themselves to the world, so effectively we have 4 potential villain (groups) to pose a threat to the World Warriors

1 Like

It worked because there is a long gap between SF2 and SF3 timeline.

SF4 is pseudo SF alpha to SF3.

Another Bison main boss in future SF titles that set the story beyond SF3 timeline.

Is a negative and frown upon by many.

This is why Street Fighter story is dislike mostly by casuals.

Its not because it’s character does not aged or because characters are returning.

Its because the center stage, spotlight and the plot is redundant the difference is just the timeline.

Bison can exist in nightmares already and also as Phantom Bison that can haunt others like Nash in ASF. Its fine alredy for Bison too stay there and be that without the plot being shadaloo again.

Fang is fine too but thats it.

We don’t need 5 version of Bison same as 5 version of Ryu every new game.

1 Like

This is fine. It will give us the opportunity to develop the character in different ways, but noting that it is in Bison’s very nature to climb to the top of any dominance hierarchy, and he has a way of getting there eventually before falling off. Rinse and repeat forever. That is the tragedy of his fate that Rose takes note of in SF5 via Menat.

That’s fucking wack though, it just gives Capcom an excuse to put him at the forefront of the ongoing story arc over and over and over again. He ran his course, let somebody else take the spotlight. KOF does it right, MK does it right, hell even Tekken kinda does it right

2 Likes

You can have a revolving door of villains, it won’t change the fact the Joker is THE Batman villain.

Bison is that villain. Accept your fate! THE WORLD IS DOOMED!

1 Like

Batmanverse has the privilege of having like a dozen different villains, all dangerous in their own ways. Street Fighter doesn’t have that and thus running with the same big bad for almost 3 decades is just lame and got old already

3 Likes

His not the Joker equivalent because there is no Batman.

His not even the Magneto.

Or the Doom a like.

He can be just there as someone who haunts others.

We got tons of potential. Even not every game should be centered at him or the rise of his power.

He can also exist in flash back memory battle too without getting the center stage.

Future SF titles doesn’t need a main master mind villain that every needs to settle a score or save the world.

Some Fighting Games already This not just KOF’s NEST SAGA.

Problem spamming Bison is each time he get defeated he lose credibility next attempt

For his own good, he will do better just in the side of the scene doing evil laugh like “i’m planning things and shit” while somebody else rep the actual evil Boss threat

Disagree. He feels like more of a badass in ASF than ever.

1 Like