SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

I give tons of a shit about him. It’s all hate. He’s the worst SF4 character besides Oni.

He’s SF4’s Twelve or Necalli. Where it’s all “That thing isn’t even a human. Why is it in this game?”

Couldn’t agree more (well I could care less of his gameplay tbh) since we resurrected a character we believed dead for ages might as well use him

SF4 chara design

Juri/Hakan>Abel/Gouken>>> others

Simple as that.

The worshipping of Viper mixed with the demonization of not worse designs is a good indicator of how much capcom should keep give no fuck about what audience think

I blame internet for letting you peoples interfering with pro designers lol

His Tandem Engine is unique. Also, the whole point of Seth is that he mimics other fighters, kind of like Edge Master or Charade in Soul Calibur.

That’s right.

It’s uniquely stupid. Having a washing machine in your body is not a way any SF character ever needed to stand out.

Except those characters actually mimic other fighters. Seth just has a fixed moveset that happens to have a bunch of stolen moves.

Although…you know what, that’s actually better. A character that plays exactly like one other character at a time at random is stupid. A character that knows everyone’s moves, and develops a single fighting style that uses all the best moves in it makes a lot more sense.

So do you just think spewing out your own opinions condescendingly makes them any more valid?

**About the recent Bosses…
and why Capcom cannot make a new badass boss similar to Dictator/Bison, Urien, Akuma and Gill.

**1.) Story wise **

The game was set before SF3. Every boss that appeared in the game were filler bosses or “temporary boss” that never meant to over power of the prior bosses that also exist in the same parallel or overlap them.

**2.) Thinking out of the box if you were a company that handle a huge pop culture franchise:
To make the sequel effective and easily manageable without any conflicting reasons.

Imagine if you are a company that would always introduce a bad ass boss that is more powerful, has more connection and knowing than the previous that has his own secret organization around the world bigger than the previous boss in every sequel. What next venture you would go through? Aliens? Dieties? and Parallel dimension just to justify the newer is in fact larger the the previous.

**3.) Seth, Necali and Fang: **

Without looking into a narrow perspective of visuals and character move sets, You would understand the real point of existence of those characters because they represent an idea of tool to progress a story.

This boss guys are meant to unlikable, disposable and hated not to be admired and never to be attach with unlike Rugal and Geese. So disliking them meant they have performed their role correctly.

Because the real idea of them to exist is not to replace the iconic bosses they were meant to be a tool of empower their role in the story progression in the future.

Story wise, without them we would end up silly story plots as an excuse rather than established ideas that compromised and complementary to each other.

4.) Gameplay Wise:

Seth was a android or cyborg and was meant to be like collective date of existing street fighter that is disposable so yeah he was not to be likeable overall like I mentioned earlier. Yet his super moves were meh because his far from his lore.

Looking back to his lore by design, His design if ever he or a clone of him would have return in SF sequel is guarantee to be interchangeable with an ease and no need for bizarre explanatory, His like Gill with built in abilities that would justify every return, Unlike Bison that had been retcon in various ways by means huge throwback and flashback to fit existence in a sensible manner not a bizarre explanation. Thank Seth, Rose and Fang for having a better Bison of today or tomorrow. Wait don’t forget to add Ed soon.

Seth was an effective sacrifice to elaborate Bison’s potentials and capabilities of existence than whatever Rose had done in Alpha which had led only to bizarre theories before SF4 existence. Without this kind of filler characters Bison from Sf2 background would be locked into Dream matches like SNK does with Rugal.

Capcom have pro designers

I’ve actual design/illustration background

Internet peoples have usually no knowledge and pretend shit they like is “good design” shit they don’t is a “bad design”… all most of times without even know what is a quality design

These three above are facts i’m pretty sure of, my coondescentsomething is just a free gift on top of dat truth pie

ps: only thing Viper got on Elf or Rufus is she’s marketing while they don’t.
Actually coherence wise Elf is even superior if i have to be objective

I just finished reading BigMex’s latest blog series talking about the history of giants in Capcom fighting games. Great read as usual from his stuff. Does a great job explaining why Abigail’s new design sucks.

A look at the big man, where did the Capcom giants come from?
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

No. But the fact that his opinion lines up with mine does.

Great write-ups. Thanks for sharing.

Abigail was never interesting until he was redesigned.

I can’t believe no-one is mentioning or asking for …

… Dan!

Dan really needs to be in SFV.

More often if you would observe the way he consistently justify things of which is which is more into relativity to HNK and Sports, then an average photoshop skills. Relativity is always his way to give justification it doesn’t really give the true essence of why things should be.

I respect his knowledge on sports and martial arts trends, I do like majority of his popculture and “nostalgia” edits of altering kiki’s art direction CFN profile, yet he has his own biases archetype preference of who or whom should not be in place without looking into the consequences, different areas and aspects.

Since someone claims to be reliable via entitlement.

I myself have been a designer for almost a decade that handles huge projects and bigger brands before I shift more into a complicated aspect of design that was different and more than just visual concepts which I was, then latter I did take some rest for a while, I don’t count it as an entitlement to be everything automatically correct by default but rather to know everything from via observation from which is sensible and reliable thoughts.

I understand people to dislike a characters for it’s movelist, playstyle, animation, gender, story, visual or whatsoever character by traits or design using opinions and standard preference that is an okay but using profession and experience as a ticket of being omniscient rather than explaining the reasons behind the disliking and hating, That is some kind of elite narcist perspectives.

Because even the inexperience and unprofessional can have ideas of creativity and be more knowing by means of talent and familiarity/awareness/understanding, while confidence and pride can be self decisive too.

The truth is, It’s never really about winning an argument and discussion or being favorable by the many to agree with but it’s more about the details on how the opinion of is covey along with the reason behind the why is this should be or why it should never be.

I really can’t imagine Dan coming back. Dan’s a joke character, and there’s no reason for people to pay extra money for a character that is deliberately made to be worse than everyone else.

Which is why he shouldn’t have been brought back in the first place.

And he’s still not interesting.

Agreed. If they make him balanced, it defeats the whole point of the character. If they make him intentionally crappy, nobody is going to want to pay for him.

The only way I see him getting in is if they give him away as a free bonus character between seasons or something.

I find him far more fun to play than Sodom, Rolento, Hugo, or any other Final Fight character.

None of those characters are present so how would you even know that

Because I’ve played them in the other games in which they were present?

He would be tolerable if they bit knell his stance like juggernaut and potemkin to a line his vision to his opponents.

My hand is driving itself into my face at blinding speeds