The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Yes, I forgot there were some cameos. I guess they were included in the contract, or that Capcom could feature those character designs for a few years around the release of the Muscle Bomber games. Something like that.

They need to sort that shit out and give us Ortega, Widow, and El Stingray

1 Like

At most, he would own the rights to those specific images. People don’t hire you to design characters for their game if it means they don’t get to keep the characters…nobody does that.

At worst, it would just mean someone else would have to redraw the characters.

2 Likes

Ortega and Tim Titanic is the Slammaster character that I want in SF.

500trillion

Okay guest characters again…

Since we had asura alt already and asura decendant is unlikely to happen now.

Ill go with

Kevin Stryker.

1 Like

Birdie has a transformer tattoo? Is that actually part of the picture or a edit.

Not just the Tattoo but also the ring

Tetsuo Hara did more than develop fighters, he helped create the backstory for Capcom’s wrestling universe. Brutality was what the BWA was known for. The “good guys” wrestled in the CWA or Capcom Wrestling Association. The wrestlers would cross between promotions and have an all-out war trying to find out who was the best wrestler of all. I always admired Kimala as a character and also what Hara was trying to represent through him. The influence that he had on Street Fighter was immeasurable. The boots of Abdullah were paralleled in the curly-toed shoes worn by Birdie. But that was not the only thing that Hara had shaped for the character. Birdie was actually tag team partners with Titan the Great. Titan was the giant of the Muscle Bomber series. He was absolutely massive and just a centimeter or two shorter than Hugo Andore from Final Fight / Street Fighter. In the official character art between Titan and Birdie we could see that Optimus Prime and Megatron from the Transformers were characters on the rings of Birdie. Not only that but Birdie had a Decepticon tattoo on his shoulder. These were details that the people working on Street Fighter V had overlooked or simply did not know.

Source

1 Like

Or, alternatively, they knew, and just couldn’t include them because obvious copyright violation.

4 Likes

It’s a shame the Muscle Bomber legacy has been lost for the Street Fighter Universe lore :confused: There was much cool stuff there.

2 Likes

Scans from Mean Machines, a British gaming magazine looking at the Saturn port of Night Warriors/Vampire Hunter. Some interesting information includes the development process for porting over the game from CPS2 to Saturn, target demographics, the partnership deal with Virgin Media Capcom UK had back then and literally cosplay. A funny thing is that they confused Raptor to be British rather than Australian and use some of the Japanese names.

Summary

7 Likes

LOOOL, the irony. Instead of SFZ4 it’s S4 for SF5 LOOOL.

Someone at Capcom been reading all of my posts about Capcom needing to put Gill in SF5 I guess.

Also, this could be because of the indirect competition with Mortal Kombat 11. Hell, if Mortal Kombat can have a playable Shao Kahn then might as well have Gill.

First fighting game kard game came out in 1995 or 1996…

1 Like

High Score Girl is one my favorite modern anime and I love how it modeled the season two poster after the World Warrior promotional art

5 Likes

They should have given those characters articles in the Character Reference instead of SFEX and CFAS characters…

I didn’t really care for it. It feels a lot like Ready Player One to me where it’s just trying to pander to me with its “REMEMBER THIS!!”

It does that old anime trope where the main character is a COMPLETELY unlikable turd most of the time, and yet still has multiple girls interested in him.

Also, primary love interest literally doesn’t speak. But the fact that she doesn’t speak is never never mentioned by anyone, so can she not speak, or does she just not speak because the writers are hacks?

4 Likes

I think you’re the only person ever who I have seen wanting Gill in the game.

1 Like

Then we are 2
I prefer him to not be playable though

While at it x-kira recently stated last two of S4 will be Gill and Seth

Though i DON’T believe it
While recently he’s been spot on on season contents, unlike for the last pieces (holyday pack+Blanka as next crossover after Poison… wich i believe) where his datamining gave clear indication, for next coming characters he got just a code (Z+a number)

If he have anything more to support that claim he did’nt showed it (or i did’nt seen), so until then i take it as bullshit… we will know in few weeks btw

I did say that also somewhere seeing him in the future against Bison would be a dream crossover.

Like the reason I wanted Necro and Haggar appear in SFV. For the sake of SF3 X SF2 as SFV.

But Gill is not part of my 10 priorities in SFV especially when Urien is around as s3 had past.

A definite movelist change would be okay with Gill like I mentioned before.

If they changed him from SF3 as much as Bison changed from SF4, he would be great. Gill’s costume could be completely different (Illuminati robes?) with his classic behind the costume code, and he would have more of a projectile focus than Urien with his fire/ice attacks.

2 Likes

He could take some inspiration from blackheart.

Having 3 elements at his disposal not including the demons he had.

No wonder Gief likes to spin and do this, but it feels more Rashid in this…

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10219498075512322&id=1526821006

Well, we already seen 3 versions of his robes
SFV

SF3
immagineimmagine

Tbh i just trust them… i liked SFV moveset redesigns, i think theyr creativity will have great material to build on with the ice/fire/resurrection/wings shit lol

But again, as long as trade we get +1 slot for another char, i will like also them just make Gill a Urien-based NPC that you fight as Boss in arcade

I’m good either ways, all i know is SFV will be weird without Gill inclusion at some point

1 Like

I don’t see that as an issue. Ono wears her emotion on her sleeve. She doesn’t need to say anything to communicate how she feels. Relying on visual storytelling doesn’t make a writer a hack.