The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Me too. I had Marvel Super Heroes, X-Men Vs. SF, Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter, and Vampire Savior.

SFA2 and 3, Darkstalkers 2 and 3. Played them constantly.

2 Likes

I had all the Alpha games but not all of them took advantage of the RAM cart. Even Marvel Super Heroes didn’t use all the of the additional RAM.

2 Likes

I hate what-if endings as well. I will say MK does this style of ending the best. Even though the events of the ending is horseshit they tend to provide some rich supplementary info that isn’t. Even if Noob didn’t get to kill Sub-Zero it was still nice it was officially confirmed he was Bi-Han.

I prefer the MK method personally as they focus on the characters that are relevant to the story. They doesn’t force itself to include characters that won’t add anything. It would be great if it didn’t treat it’s villains like complete jobbers but I’ll take it over putting Alex in there when his appearance amount to jack shit and Necalli in general.

4 Likes

That reminds me. I need to speedrun Megaman X5 again later this week!

To this day, I am still mildly baffled by the idea of RNG endings in that game. I constantly hear rumors of the Enigma Cannon being somewhat controllable along with the ending in one setting but even some of the information given on the topic is superfluous.

2 Likes

That’s not even true though because MK9+'s stories are filled with antagonists that are EXTREMELY relevant to the story and never has you play as any of them.

The whole, “divide the chapters up by character” thing is very artificial, and often hurts the flow of the plot.

4 Likes

They don’t need to be playable. It’s not like they have to be in order to get them to win some goddamn fights. The good ol unwinnable boss fight trope could work just as well.

AFAIK, there’s a percentage that rises depending on 4 factors: if you get all the parts, how many hours are left, how many lives you have and your rank. But that only gets up to a short increase. So the Enigma is doomed to fail. The outcome is also determined the moment you reach Alia’s screen after defeating your 4th (8th if its the shuttle) maverick. So you better be wary of that.

I do wish that they made the outcomes more controllable/easier to understand, but then again X6 had a bizarre interpretation of events in that the shuttle succeeded but Zero still went maverick so what’s the point? X5 is a pretty underwhelming game compared to X4 IMO with the parts system and Alia interrupting the pacing to tell you water is wet. If anything, the OST and plot redeem it with it sense of finality and hopelessness.

1 Like

CVS2?

Alpha 2 had actual endings. Cvs2 was just text

4 Likes

Agree thats were the area alpha 2 was better.

I mean the overall experience and presentation.

Oni revealed that he toyed with the idea of making SF4 turn based

3 Likes

Can see it working…

Speaking of Yomi,

To be fair with this David Sirlin

He had a slightly better idea of making of a mechanic for a turn based.

The Flashback

Tekken Card game was doing this for early 2k before they had Tekken Card tournament.

After dealing with SF5’s wacky rollback, I can say that the flashback mechanic is dumb.

:angry:

3 Likes

For a turn based game and an RPG not for legit SF action.

I mean, doesn’t Fire Emblem: Three Houses basically have that as a mechanic?

1 Like

All Lady colors

I guess

#3 (not too sure)
immagine
immagine
immagine

2 Likes

Slam Masters characters? Probably Tetsuo Harada the character designer (he’s acknowledge in the game’s intro). I think Capcom has mentioned the characters by names, in a few games (Street Fighter III, I think Alex or Hugo’s ending), but they probably hold no rights over their image.

As for “guest characters” go, I’ve always had only two answers in mind: Akira Kazama and Victor Ortega.

1 Like

I think it’s a scenario where both Capcom and Tetsuo Hara own these chars, but if the other does’nt agree to let you use them, you can’t do shit with your 50%

Like, it’s possible that neither TH can do a manga with them without Capcom’s permission

We got a cameo of them in Alpha 2 :smiley:

Summary

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e1/3b/ef/e13befb3c99311c5adb20062e809d078.png

Most recent mention i think was El Fuerte being linked with El Stingray in SFV profiles

There was also a char supposed to be an american undercover spy behind Shadaloo lines

As a wink to the movie game they gave it Gunloc’s stats hinting it’s him*

At the end i think Capcom liked the idea, so they moved on a char they can actually use and gave us Abel as undercover infiltrate
immagine

*more or less how Darun existed without be ever seen

1 Like