The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

This
The key of SFV is being a platform that make Capcom gain $$$ throught DLC, make no sense for them to cut it sooner than they planned to invest in a new big expensive project

Wich as we said 99 times is good or bad depending on how are you living SFV and how much you trust them to do better with SF6

My guess/hope is S5 as another full 6 char season

lmao, end of S4 is December. Capcom’s not going to do multi-character releases within a month or two of each other. Judging by the shake up in the fighting game department, I’d say Capcom isn’t exactly happy with SFV. If SF6 isn’t a PS5 launch title, it will be damn close to it. Unless they fixed purchases not carrying over between platforms, attempting to sell SFV on another console would be a fool’s errand.

3 Likes

I firmly believe we are getting at least one more season of 6 characters (so total of 8 more from this moment on).

Capcom will continue supporting SF5 into S6 and even S7 but the number of characters per year may drop. But if the playerbase and their purchasing power is retained, then there is no reason why they couldn’t continue supporting SF5 with more new content for the foreseeable future.

As for people saying because it’s DLC system. You would be right for possibility of more costumes but not characters.

You guys are praying so much to your deity xkira to shill your deepest desires. Thats a lot of strong belief and faith lol.

Is doppio aka tatsuroko aka ninjaworldwarrior16 the jebus in this thread as manifestation of your deity.

Like S6 to 6 and 4 to S7?

SFV is on the peak like other FGS, we could expect some not to complicated modes to do as a bonus but beyond that a new set of 6 or 5 as an expectation is overwhelming.

Not sure why people keep thinking SFVI is going to launch with the PS5. Shit isn’t happening, so don’t get your hopes up. Neither SFIV or SFV were launch titles. Capcom has shown that they’d like for a system build a user base for releasing a new mainline SF title. When you throw in the PS5’s backward compatible, there is even less on an incentive for SFVI being a launch game. Capcom is clearly making money from DLC. Company’s don’t release DLC for 3 and half year old games unless it is profitable for them.

4 Likes

Even games that are designed to bleed money from their players get sequels. Games like Destiny and The Division received sequels 3 years after the original. It makes sense for these games to sequels. Once they ran out of things to monetize a sequel is the best thing they can do. The content doesn’t carry over and everyone has to spend again.

1 Like

I don’t believe it as a launch title, but expecting 6 then another round of season that kinda beyond.

2 characters might be for this season then if there would be another 3 or 4 then costumes if Capcom would find the assessment of free trial doing well.

Those games aren’t geared towards competitive e-sports. A competitive game needs stability and longevity for a scene and culture to develop around it. 5 years is nothing for the global ambitions of SF/Capcom.

We’re probably never going to get to Dota or Lol levels of e-sports, but we most certainly won’t if we keep changing our platform every few years.

Dota is a different thing and changes with it was drastic from what it was started and what it was years ago before it cemented ideal gameplay.

Capcom ain’t aiming the same design of Dota level esports with SFV because SFV wasn’t even in that thought to continue they gave an ultimatum of 2020. So expectation isn’t that.

PC games like Dota was reinvented to be like that in valve handling and SFv isn’t with like I said it 2020 was from an interview. Not a speculation or a rumor, 2020 is from Capcom not from some guy who claims to whatever bitch capcom and deactivates all his social media.

You guys are also the people saying will get free DLC characters before S4 and a new cinematic mode as a continuation of the first one.

1 Like

PvP is a major element of Destiny. I don’t follow the game to know if it has an esport but the foundation is there.

5 years is the standard life cycle of consoles. Changing platforms is a necessity. You think sponsors are gonna to continue to support a game that runs on ancient hardware? Hori can’t sell you a new stick if you staying on PS4, Nvidia and AMD can’t show off the power of new graphics cards with old games, old hardware isn’t gonna sell monitors with 1440p or 4K resolutions. That’s the life Capcom chose pursuing esports.

3 Likes

More or less what i hope for
I find current SFV cast to be great, Sagat and Honda were huge additions to me to feel the martial arts tournament complete… still hope to see Fei Long and Abel jump in though

So whatever come i’m happy with it… but since i’m huge pessimistic about the spirit that will be behind SF6, i hope SFV keep going on as possible and the more they add the happier i am

1 Like

Even your lord xkira already change his claims of datamine and hacking to capcom server to be instead a speculation and rumor or even having a insider.

Because he already lack of confidence on his claims other than anchoring every tweets of the guy on twitter that claims to leak the trailer.

Overall SFV is an amazing game for it’s time, I can hope for additional 2 then another 3 or 4 if this present season is doing well, but giving false hope and fake news is not something should be hope for especially to others.

There is literally no point in doing so because PS5 will be fully backwards compatiblewith PS4 games, quite possibly including all your purchase history and DLC

4 Likes

me accidentally visited my discord then what i found

WTF? even in my discord lol

this is the thing you call an obsession… some kind of weird level or creepiness.

I bet if this know my email he’ll send me some shit trying to desperately convince me lord xkira.

This is why I don’t settle into pm’s because this kind of creepy people.

people here hating me for being mean for people that shils fake leaks and people that claims to know character design but spread wrong information about it to support his biases, while this is on another level not just on a forum situation.

Is this a trouble individual being desperate, I don’t pm people regarding public topics especially when it’s a public concern.

This started really getting eerie so this guy would probably even follow and stalked everyday if he was my neighbor because of disagree with fake leaks in a single thread in srk lol.

A physical rerelease simultaneously on new and old will likely happen to attract newcomers.

I mean, at some point you have to STOP making SF5 DLC so that you can START working on SF6. The longer we keep getting DLC seasons, the longer it’s gonna be till 6.

5 Likes

They can still keep up with the costumes but the doing new bunch of characters and gameplay changes it would certainly delay the production and divide the players attention.

It has been a while. Can’t be bothered to address current topics since all the stuff that needs to said has been said. Meanwhile, have this comfy Darkstalkers pic.

Definitely, Capcom have changed for the better. ResiEvil and DMC have been rescued, MH is still doing well and we may have an Megaman X9 or ZX3 on the horizon. It’s only the fighting game division that messed up, have no idea as to why though. Also Okami needs a revival.

1 Like

I’ve been on a SF Manhua binge (just watching, I can’t read Chinese) and possibly discovered something that surprised me a lot. It is usual (afaik) that Manhua artists trace/rip off Manga, but I think I’ve found the inverse.

Here, Masaomi Kansaki (SF2 Manga) seems to have lifted some poses and moves from a SF Manhua. The Manhua was published on 1992 and Kansaki’s Manga on 1993.

10 Likes

I like Rog being portrayed as a serious treat

4 Likes