The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Street Fighter stories from various media before “alpha” was always meant to be serious, violent and brutal.

Even SFone had you bomb in game over screens.

That is why we get Malibu Ken losing hair but it was a weird thing also.

We have this

Can we get these skins/costumes for Abigail, and Poison:

1 Like

Messin around with No Escape Boxer. Dude is SAVAGE on the win quotes vs. E. Honda:

“Have 'em bury you under your fancy sumo ring! IF they can find your pieces!”

O_o

10 Likes

Can you get all the winquotes, please?

I really hope we can get a english transaltion of the manhua, someday along with SF2V manga.

@Spoonman Who is that kid with the red striped shirt, is he Ryu’s son, brother, friend?

I have the raws to non SF Capcom manga on my Mega folder, if anyone would like me to I can share the links.

I am not Mr. Win Quote aka @doctrine_dark, but I’ll do what I can. I do things pretty slowly too, just sayin…!

1 Like
1 Like

As a huge fan of Okami, the does NOT need a sequel. It’s one of those neat, self contained games that tells a story of its own. Story is a much bigger part of it than something like DMC or Monster Hunter. That said, a similar-ish game with different characters/setting (ex. A game based off another mythology) would be awesome.

6 Likes

Oh that kid is Wong Mei, he is the little brother of Po Lin, the girl you see at the back of him. Ryu befriends the siblings when he arrives to Shad (the island were the SF tournament hosted by M. Bison takes place).

3 Likes

@Spoonman Thanks, also I may have a lead on the raws for Ryu final volume 2, I believe volume 1 raws are readily available and I have the Darkstalkers manga on my folder. I might soon share the link to the Megaman X4 manga (X goes all evil ryu towards the end).

That’s actually Rog’s regular win quote to Honda.

The description says the quotes can differ for special costumes, but all of Rog’s seem to be the same like Sim’s. Only Bison’s Alpha costume and The Gief seemed to have a lot of new win quotes.

This is my fault since I haven’t posted the most recent list of win quotes with all of the new characters. I’ll have it up today for sure.

6 Likes

Nostalgia Dhalsim has the classic “I will meditate and then destroy you” quote.

5 Likes

Lol, and that’s why I don’t touch the win quotes!! I actually blame myself - I should be more familiar with the quotes in general…

1 Like

I may be wrong but iirc the alts that change quotes don’t change necessary ALL quotes, It can affect just few significative (for the
character) ones

Complete reference list of the Asura alt 10 colors

PICS INSIDE

Summary

immagineimmagine
immagine
immagine immagine
immagine
immagineimmagine

#9 can also be Asura in destructor form, but i doubt
Not totally sure about #10 either

Btw cool touch, they put more cure than usual in this color set

Wyzen, Olga, Deus left out, but was a good selection

Actually i will prefer Deus to be a crossover alt for G… maybe they will sell some AW alt in late October when AW Kage will be released?

I remember noticing even back in 1994 - when I first read Kanzaki’s manga - that Ryu’s kick wasn’t a proper Ryu kick. Its trajectory was the exact inverse of Ryu’s real HK,

that is GUILE’s HK.

NOW it makes sense… Very cool discovery, @Spoonman!
Speaking of influences, I’m also on binge reading. Remember when back in May I said I discovered the wrestling manga Capcom lifted SPD and so on from? Well, I tried some other manga from the same artist, and ended up discovering another manga with a red-clad ninja that in his first mission battles a gigantic scimitar-wielding killer named SODOM. The name then popped up in another manga, always from the same artist… And here there’s another Sodom with a pal named GUY. Ah, Capcom…
Oh, and Honda’s sabaori? It comes from the first manga. The protagonist fights against a sumō wrestler that uses a bear hug, and everyone calls it (erroneously) sabaori. Now we have even the source of that historic error. I’ll make a post about all that, but first and foremost I’ll have to finish the reading.
Found out so far are the inspirations for:
SPD (and real-life wrestling Tiger Driver)
Atomic Suplex (and real-life wrestling Rolling German Suplex)
Honda’s “sabaori”
Mika’s Shooting Peach
Mika’s Wingless Airplane
THE ENTIRE CHARACTER OF EL STINGRAY, his special moves INCLUDED
Biff, Gunloc and King Rasta Mon’s appearances and some moves
THE WHOLE CONCEPT OF MUSCLE POWER
TIFFANY LORDS’S DESIGN
D.D.'S DESIGN (!)
Guy and Sodom names and some design influences (Sodom is composite, one manga has a samurai in full armor, another one has the killer named Sodom, another has a killer in football gears and so on)
And I wonder just what could come next…

8 Likes

Relax, you don’t bother me at all. Actually, it’s me who bother you and Bakfromon for translations.
All SSF2X/T from the Ecyclopedia section of all About Capcom Fighting Games are already translated in the guide. Honda had his CE/HF, Super and Super X profile condensed in one single section. The part that you mentioned above was actually published on Gamest 77 SF2CE special.
Concerning the final SSF2X image of the characters, well, actually, those were made back in 1993 for Gamest (that’s why Gouki doesn’t have one), just like the full body artwork set that we all know and love (the one were Vega/Bison is holding his cap):

They were published on Gamest 108 SSF2 special. They do have a caption:

So, can we translate Honda’s SF2 stage, " Edo Hot Baths" as “Tokyo Hot Baths” (number 4 on the picture below)?

Still Talking about Honda’s Stage, I have a few doubts about the stuff on the stage. I had a friend translate it a few months ago, and some of the things are kinda different:

This was translated the same “perm” but, instead of being a hairsaloon, I thought it was a procedure done to someone’s hair?

This one he translated as “coaptation”. At first I thought it was the joining of 2 parts to become one. My first idea was of the joined cold with hot water to attain the desired temperature. But, this word seems to be used more for broken bones and joint manipulation. So, yeah, I think that bonesetter makes more sense.
[/quote]

Instead of “hon”, he translated it was bon. Possibly a nod to the Bon Odori Festival.

This one is pretty small in the original SF2WW (number 5 on the picture below):
SF2WW%20-%20Est%C3%A1gio%20Honda%202
He translated it as “cold water”.
Also, this one is kinda different in HD Remix:

Does it have a different meaning? Also, the bon/hon sign is missing.

Would you mind to take a look at it?

Also, would you mind translating a few Secret File texts from both Z2 and Z3?

Thanks for everything @Midgardsorm!

4 Likes

That’s hype, sound like they loved that author almost as HnK lol :smiley:
Do you have some link to scans/pics, or was all physical manga?

Well, Edo IS Tōkyō’s old name. The city was renamed Tōkyō in 1868, and as I previously said Honda’s characterisation is largely related to the Edo period. The “old-style” naming was done on purpose. It’s a bit as they called New York “New Amsterdam”. As a translation, it would be unaccurate.

Well, it is. A permanent is a specific procedure, but it’s obvious that the place where you could obtain a permanent is a hair salon. “Perm” is the translation, but the sign is advertising a hair salon. That’s what I meant with “sponsors”.

“Coaptation” is the procedure of bringing together dislocated joints or broken bones, that is exactly what a bonesetter does.

That’s because he used the SF2 one. The pixels made impossible to decipher some writings back then. Even Ryoredcyclone noted that. In particular, ほん hon seemed ぼん bon, and ほねつぎ honetsugi seemed はわつぎ hawatsugi, that doesn’t make sense.

He translated it as “cold water” because it IS cold water… In HD Remix. Notice how the 米 kome “rice” of SF2 is not the 水 mizu “cold water” of the HD Remix. They also perpetuated the はわつぎ hawatsugi mistake. If I remember correctly, they made other mistakes in Chun-Li’s stage…

I don’t know when I can do that, but sure I don’t mind. I remember reading somewhere in Z2 Secret File that they wanted to give Zangief a Russian yelling during his Final Atomic Buster, and he should’ve uttered один, два, три odin, dva, tri “one, two, three” instead of “FAB”. They recycled that idea later with Hugo, however (his “Eins, Zwei, Drei” during Gigas Breaker).

9 Likes