The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Bro. If we had the previous rep system, you’d be among those who had the most “insightfuls”.

12 Likes

CVS2 taunt…

2 Likes

It’s also in SF4 and SF5.

1 Like

Okami already has a sequel.

2 Likes

The funny thing is, Capcom addressed it in their latest tweet.
https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/1176542295426064389

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Killbawx/status/1176543347382657024?s=20

2 Likes

This guy almost got it
https://twitter.com/Goraiken/status/1174838896888352768

Still foot needs to be a lil bit higher, with heel pointing forward like a spear trust, keeping the foot in “hammer” position

Aside this, that’s better than the animation we got, will like if capcom copy it

If you’re talking about Okamiden, that’s only partly true. They didn’t call it Okami 2 because it was more “Okami: Cute Chibi Edition” than a real sequel. Also, damn near nobody played it as it was on the DS.

2 Likes

They are all freely and legally readable on a Japanese manga site. I’ll post that in due time. Yes, I’m withholding the information in order not to spoil the scoop and create hype. I know that it’s unfair on my part, but I hope you’ll find it worth the wait.
Oh, I forgot: even CLARK STILL’s idea comes from the first manga. There’s a wrestler named CLARK ROBINSON who’s the spitting image of Clark Kent, whom everyone explicitly compares to Superman… And who’s superhumanly strong and can tank all attacks like nothing due to his muscle training methods - that originated the whole idea of Muscle Power.

7 Likes

That’s still no Donkey Kick, they still have Ryu picking up his leg at this stupid looking right angle when its supposed to be a back kick. Ryu literally turns his back towards his opponent before taking a step back throwing his kicking foot behind him at his opponents. Ryu gets all the momentum and power from the kick from the step backwards and the motion of the kick. The SF5 3D model makes it look dumb no other way around it. It doesn’t even make sense on where he’s getting the power from the kick. They only managed to fix the foot placement and leg angle.

8 Likes

If u want a good example of donkey kick look at tatsunoko ryu (even xtekken ryu is better)

3 Likes

If I am not mistaken, in the early years of Kof, it was spelled Clark STEEL, I guess SNK realised they were flying to close to the sun (possible legal implications with DC comics) and changed it to STILL.

Correct, at first I thought I was going crazy, cause I always knew him as Clark Steel from when I was a kid, but later games used Still. For the longest time I thought it was a typo, then someone mentioned the Superman thing and I stopped being disappointed they changed it lol.

3 Likes

Don’t worry dude, take your time, i’m sure It will be great quality post as usual

Yeah, as said it’s no perfect but still he did a good job specially if you think was his first try at custom animation

Yuriko says;
「Resident Evil is here for Christmas!」

Xmas RE stage? LOL
Give me more normal stages not this themed shit pls

Same for alt costumes

3 Likes

Just realized, did Capcom steal this from Johnny Cage?

Found something fun, maybe had a role to influence SFV team on the final Ryu vs Necalli blow

(timestamped)

2 Likes

I don’t know what happened last time but here’s the art. I am posting a link because it does stretch a lot on the forum. Shinkiro made it for Capcom Store in Tokyo, opening soon.

I am pretty sure I know the wrestiling manga you’re hinting at (of course I’ll not spoil it as I am also waiting for that juicy examination); I think they also used another of the characters from that manga as an influence for the proto-Blanka.

3 Likes

You mean

Summary

Gorilla man from idontaddthemanga?

No; we are not discussing about that manga; it’s something a little bit more obscure outside of Japan.

2 Likes