The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

My hope is that since Dhalsim, a few quotes and his character story are hinting that his journey is just starting and there’s something special about him, they’ll remember to give him the win.

2 Likes

Hopefully Guy slaps the fuck out of everyone in SF6 for the honour of Nippon!!! BATTO!!!

1 Like

There was also Nash’s unexplained dream that opens A Shadow Falls. Nash sees a sheep, the sheep says “Devour”, the sheep is surrounded by black goo, the goo-sheep turns into Necalli, Necalli attacks Nash, one of Ryu’s magic butterflies shows up, the butterfly distracts Necalli, then the butterfly saves Nash by exploding into light.

That had to have meant something at some point in the story’s development, presumably more than just Nash waking up with an unexplained prophecy (Necalli appearing, only to be defeated by Magic Butterfly Ryu). Unless Capcom truly didn’t give a single **** about Necalli, and just threw together whatever garbage anyone could come up with in a desperate attempt to make it look like Necalli had any purpose.

cestus saying Abigail doing moves like this

https://archive.supercombo.gg/uploads/default/original/3X/6/9/695a0080ce900ae4eec9d4b988ce0e9f41339176.gif

or something that affects the ground is terrible that’s not very FINAL FIGHT character

Abigail fighting either guy or cody in that way in the original final fight, it’s not very something a final fight battle would work in that story.

Abigail is okay being more Juggernaut and doing more brute force stuff,

That’s where Capcom did Abigail right and perfect, that he has his own identity than being another Hugo.

There is nothing good about Abigail using the road and sending earthquakes to the opponent that’s terrible. That’s not very final fight.

My only criticism with abigail is that they didn’t knell him like Juggernaut is in Mahvel games, for the sake of consistency and coherence in game screen for players.

Yeah, I’m gonna have to go over things to get it, but since butterflies are a sign of rebirth and it lands on Gill’s hand after the credits I thought that was just Kolin stuff for manipulation of Charlie or something, but for it to appear in Ryu vs Necalli throws off my theory.

To this day I’m still confused at Necalli’s intro with Charlie, at first I thought he was hunting him because he “cheated death”, but he quickly loses interest in him after a while and we next see him hunting Ryu. I’d love to be a fly on the wall at Capcom HQ, it seems like Necalli got a quick change to his role in the overall plot, because some things just don’t fit right.

Also what could getepe mean?

I still would have preferred either no Necalli or have him show up in a later storyline where he wouldn’t have to be competing with the fall of Shadaloo and Rise of the Illuminati.

As for the story latter

I don’t think Neo Shadaloo had the potential to be the big evil.
They are better to be new protagonist for awhile and FANG as there new antagonist

I see that more of a better transition, while Urien and Gill are the impending doom behind the scenes and Bison being absent in the latter events since FANG is trying to find a way that he would have a new independent body.

That the neo shadaloo would final beat FANG but that’s where Bison would return soon after FANGS destruction. while him being just a Phantom Bison like how Nightmare Geese is that is a just haunting people in nightmares.

Then the neo shadaloo would be free from any attachment from Bison yet he return in latter games… using a SETH clone modified body and working behind the scenes constructing a mechanical body along with a mechanical Fang after his defeat in the hands of neo shadaloo.

This is why I wanted the next game set within also the SF3 timeline instead of beyond it, that either G or Urien has something to do with it that they separate the guys that are key persons on the Shadaloo and Sin Arcs.

I believe Necali is fine already to be just like that and he doesn’t need more spotlight anymore than ever before because his destined to be not in the future despite having immortal like tendencies. The fact that Necali was never mentioned again in SF3 timeline.

People should never be attached again with Necali or be linked to Bison nor Illuminati anymore because of what he was portrayed and what he had been in the story progression. The more you link Necali to any of the plots from major antagonist is that you also pull back Ryu to the spotlight. Which most people frown upon.

For me the best usage for Necali character is to merge to another character, which was KAGE that was meant to replace evil ryu because of them having similar appeal and probably would be interesting that both would have to work with each other to have a single cause focus towards Ryu.

Since Kage is the Rasetmaru equivalent, separating Kage to Ryu is the best thing Capcom did to Ryu, that makes there poster boy separate to the terrible action of his bizzarro counter part. Having Ryu still Evil Ryu and commit acts and defeats as Evil Ryu degrade the appeal of his character. SNK did a better Job that they always separate bizzarro counter parts of the main protagonist.

Why did Snk did a great job? because the main character would never end up to be committed in a terrible situation in the history of the game

It’s either Necali tries to consume Kage or something that would make the two stuck on each other like they would develop a relationship like Eddie Brock with his Symbiote as Venom that would be constantly following Ryu.

It’s interesting that both would be constantly struggling to take control of a singular body.

Necali and Kage should be motivations and link to other characters should be now detached except to focus on Ryu and the inner struggle of both Necali and Kage to each other.

It’s an interesting fusion that the other had a supernatural side/ spiritual side with Kage existence while Necali has a strong and durable organic side that makes there combination as the perfect jobber for the likes Ryu and Akuma. A punching bag for any poster boy Ryu development story. So the story of Ryu is not all about Bison anymore and Bison would be separated and so is Akuma should be. While keeping this character as a permanent Ryu rival as Spiderman is to Venom which is known as the two living entity of Eddie Brock and the alien Symbiotte together.

Just let go of Necali, a sudden change to make him all of a sudden threatening would cause more inconsistency and complication to the narrative, Just let his arc go and close with Kage as by merging two fighting game character that had very similar design intentions and narrative motivation, even some of there moveset are very edgy that they are seems to replace evil Ryu in a sense that Kage was more successful than Necali.

When you try to make Necali the spotlight antagonist or try to make him appealing that fans would get attached to his character, your also putting the spotlight of the protagonist back to Ryu and can be also Nash?

This is the better progression for those characters as they replace Evil Ryu for good while keeping the edgy appeal of that Evil Ryu without Ryu and Ryu becomes free and independent character as he progress to his training learning new techniques from Oro that would make him manipulate some of his technique using psychic abilities like telepathy to incorporate to his hadouken and other projectiles attacks.

Namco also did also a good job returning Nightmare back without Siegfried, by having it linked to a character that never been attached to any souls fans.

Here are some of my thought in the past discussion regarding Shadow Falls

From the initial tease for A Shadow Falls, I was one of the people that assumed that Nash’s resurrection was brought about through some technique that tapped into whatever Necalli was. After all, Nash was being revived in a game that was simultaneously introducing a seemingly major new immortal warrior with a funky inhuman body. And Nash was dreaming of Necalli, only to wake in a temple-like tomb instead of something like a research facility. It all just screamed that there was some kind of connection.

Once I completed ASF, I was struck by how irrelevant Necalli was to the story. He’s not just relegated to a minor side plot, he’s relegated to an irrelevant side plot. The more I thought about ASF, the more obvious it became that the Necalli parts were just awkward insertions into a pre-existing storyline. I know that some argue Necalli is relevant to the main plot, as Ryu gains his magic butterfly powers through defeating Necalli. But no, he isn’t. The story had set up that Ryu was already devoted to the training that would naturally lead to his magic butterfly powers. You could excise Necalli entirely from the story, and no one would suspect anything was missing. (A similar lazy insertion was performed with Laura, who gets inserted into an obviously pre-existing Sean story/cameo appearance, only to immediately disappear from the rest of the story despite joining the anti-Bison team.)

Thinking about it now, I’m increasingly certain that the Nash dream sequence really was nothing but an attempt to make Necalli appear involved and relevant to the story, when he really wasn’t. An intro to sell Necalli as a threat, even though he wasn’t. And even that intro ends with foreshadowing of super-best-guy Ryu getting super-awesome magic butterfly powers.

1 Like

On the butterly i got two guess

1- May represent Gill’s presence/power in some way
Fun detail, in Kolin’s profile

Likes Reading, butterflies, Gill

Dislikes Everything except Gill, soldiers, Urien, M. Bison

Seems definitely butterfly are associated with Gill in some way
In Nash nightmare(?) the butterfly goes to essentially activate the power of his forehead Illuminati gem, causing an explosion that save him/wake him up.
And of course the final scene where the butterfly goes to land on Gill’s blue hand

If we want take that Gill-only route only strange part will be the butterfly in Ryu’s clash with Necalli
But maybe can be seen as represent that Gill/Illuminati were in some way there (maybe Kolin was there with Gill’s butterfly?) witness Ryu’s fight to report back to Gill.
One detail of that scene is that glowing butterflies arrive on the place/are there at begin of the scene, before the fight start and Ryu activate his power

But

2- Another explanation may be that Ryu trained there during previous days, and released a bit of that kind of energy multiple times before the actual fight, attracting the butterflies in the area

In that case the butterfly that Ryu punch was used as way to show Ryu’s new supreme control on his power, blasting Necalli without hurt the butterfly kinda like the jojo frog scene

Even closer to that there’s that old Pride FC (wich Capcom was sponsor of) poster

wich is something Ryu does again at the end, thowing an huge hadouken that put out the fire but left unharmed Chun Li and the little girl

I think possibility is that these butterflies appear when they sense a particular type of ki, something that maybe Gill have often (hence Kolin’s love for butterflies) as his normal self, while Ryu reached for a moment with his Mu No Ken

Fun detail the butterfly touch both on the left hand

Both Gill’s Resurrection and Ryu’s MNK may work on similar kind of ki, both have focus on preserve life rather harm it
After all will not be first time different techniques/ways to channel ki obtain same results… see example Necalli sharing similarities with the SNH users

Butterfly being connected to life (or the end of it) essence itself may make sense, in japanese mythology

Japan perceives the butterfly to be a ‘soul of the living and the dead’, as a result of the popular belief that spirits of the dead take the form of a butterfly when on their journey to the other world and eternal life.

After Ryu’s big MNK punch Dhalsim appear and literally say Nec to fuck off as “his (Ryu’s) soul no longer a sacrifice for you to devour” implying something in Ryu’s soul just changed

Could be interessing notice that maybe even Dhalsim may have some kind of similar ki (due Yoga), that’s why not even transformed Necalli can defeat him in early ASF and the prophecy sequence require him to eat Ryu first

ps: for who played The Last Guardian, blue glowing butterflies being attracted by vital energy links also to

3 Likes

Coincidentally this Kolin’s favorite song.

3 Likes

The butterflies are a strange addition to the story. If they were just symbolic (no physical presence or influence) then they likely represented “change” or “evolution”.

If they actually had a relevance to the story, they could represent Gill’s presence in the story in the same way the 3-Eyed Raven uses crows to extend his vision over the world in Game of Thrones.

The issue with the last point however is that Gill seemed surprised by Ryu defeating Bison, as if he was unaware of Ryu’s existence even. This makes me think that it is the former instead - purely symbolic for the viewer, has no bearing on the actual events of the story.

We also see the butterflies in Kolin’s character story.

4 Likes

Yeah, it definitely have the change/evolution too

In Kolin’s case we literally see “Helen”, a girl broken by war(caterpillar) to become (ice chrysalis) “Kolin”, the first and most loyal servant of World’s Saviour (butterfly)

Similar could be said of Ryu, that was definitely his chrysalis moment

Well, and of course Nash, who woke up in a stone sarcophagus as a new more powerful being

I don’t think butterflies are going to have any mayor role at all either, but i think they just made them up as a visual recognizable element that hint at the presence of a particular type of ki in SF lore, just like ever more demon traits slowly became elements of SNH (we seen it take ever more extreme shapes like Oni/Kage)
I guess we may see them again if next SF director keep in consideration SFV stuff

As alternative yes, your 3eye raven is more or less what i was guessing as a possibility talking abou Gill’s “presence”
Even bigger jump of guess could be if the butterfly that touched Ryu fist, is the same that at the end touch Gill’s hand

2 Likes

SHamSho getting second guest on a row LOL

Thank you SFV, stay strong.

6 Likes

I would welcome a SF team in a future KOF though.

Well, we return in a debate of some weeks ago

I would even welcome a Guest IN SF, if it was guaranteed to be good and fitting, SNK (and also Tekken) have so many good characters that i would welcome to get a slot… even more than some that actually got a slot in SFV

Problem is Guest in fighting games rarely are good and even more rarely are fitting

To be honest i trust the people that built SFV cast enough to think they could even do a good pick, but i’m not willing to take the risk LOL

Wait a sec, isn’t Gill’s insignia (the one on Kolin’s shoulder) vaguely butterfly shaped? I recall someone posting a composite image of her shoulder patch.

1 Like

Stay strong Capcom.sys, worst launch in Capcom history, and ignoring netcode work literally done for you to get big at events that got canceled

SFV doesn’t have guests because no one wants to be associated with it lmao

1 Like

1 Like

Whoops, I was wrong, thanks for posting man.

It changed slightly from ASF though, didn’t it?

Goddamnit…and they were doing so well too…

1 Like