The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

Makes ya wonder what the original plan was to revive Nash.

We know Eleven’s vessel was needed to speed up the process, but I have a feeling the other way would’ve probably been a more complete process. The only issue was it would’ve took too damn long to complete.

I think only Bison can pull off the “I WANT MY BODY NOW” thing and still succeed.

Wasn’t Nash even bitch-slapped by Urien or something? Not that Urien is not a worthy opponent, but seriously they treated Nash as a dirty rag to punch away, never gave him a moment to shine. It was such a disservice to his character.

I don’t mind that Nash has a completely different personality after being brought back from the dead. That’s understandable.

I mind that they brought him back after so many years just to IMMEDIATELY kill him again.

The actually bad thing is that he was completely useless from his rebirth to his second death. He accomplished nothing and was made look like a wimp the whole time.

The final battle feels like staged, The SFV trailer in fact did better like many had mentions earlier in this thread because that fight includes Cammy and Ken that gives more edge to both Nash and Bison at the same time.

They are up against a madman like Bison that is extreme powerful it isn’t a tournament or something just a personal that people trying to prove to each other, There mission was to save the world in a limited time so the personal agenda should be Nash alone in that moment not to Guile and the rest of the cast.

Chun li to stay besides Li fen is fine she needs to rest is after saving Li fen from Fang. While the rest seems meh.

Nash’s impact on the last fight against Bison is still up for speculation, but if you play the general story mode on hard, then you can see Bison at a 80% life when Ryu fights him, which means Nash DID some damage to him. Still a pretty bad narrative, though. I was utterly disappointed by how they treated Nash the whole time in the general story. I actually liked the idea of him being brought back to life by the Illuminati and what he would have accomplished. I was OK even with tying the loose ends between him, Abel and Guile and then see him still die the way he did, but no… All we got was exchanged looks between Guile (who wasted his entire life for Nash, only to think “it might be a trap” when he saw him after all those years) and Nash, either. And there was absolutely nothing between Abel and Nash. Are we still supposed to believe Nash saved Abel during the Alpha era? Maybe they retconned that to take place in ASF, since Nash is doing the saving there and Abel doesn’t even seem to know who the heck Nash is from before.

The only redeemable thing about Nash and Guile bromance was the dogtag, which is, sadly, the only interaction between the two.

I think he’s in debt or broke regardless, since he doesn’t like math in all. It not like he was counting his cash as it rolled in…

If only Capcom knew that…

But they brought him back knowing full well that he will die. Ed tells him when he first see him. Kolin tells him. He felt it. Nash was never meant to live. Nash actually surviving makes Guile’s whole backstory redundant. In the CGI trailer they made it symbolically clear that he will die also. I don’t see him how one can ‘mind’ this when Capcom has made it abundantly clear that he’s back to try to do one thing and one thing only.

He could still come back if the Illuminati finds him purpose, but he couldn’t even do the one thing they wanted him to and Gill had to rationalize Ryu beating Bison instead of his chosen knight. I don’t see Nash coming back, he was vaporized. Maybe as a machine like in MVC he could.

That 20% was only the Illuminati-Power explosion, as Bison completely recovered with satellites from the damage (% ?) he suffered during the short fight/round that Nash won.
Also Nash likely wasted part of his Illuminati-Power to “exorcise” Abel

Not saying that Nash will had success with his assassination mission or not, but he seem to believe that the satellites restoring Bison (“too late” when they was shut down) are the reason his Gill-powered explosion will not destroy him

Not saying that Nash round damaged Bison to 80%, more like Nash knowing that a restored Bison will resist/tank the explosion much better (just 20%) than a weakened/injuried one

Said that this probably don’t change much the outcome of Ryu-Bison fight, as SFV Bison seem just to have no chances vs SFV (endgame) Ryu.

Ryu won both the fight and the successive exchange of energy attacks, after wich he seem still perfectly fine (and have still energy to throw dat huge “protective hadouken” on Chun… and soon after give Ken’s theyr best sparring/fight)

This.

The Gill-explosion tool they gave him was a straight kamikaze attack, sacrifice life to inflict the maximum damage
Also tbh SFV Nash is not really “alive” to begin with

Agree we audience were conditioned to accept his death in ASF and his individual story mode from Kolin and Ed. Capcom should at least done better after the Nash death into a phase that is climatic and dramatic with Guile or with other veterans not just a Ryu climax and power-up event.

1- I don’t think it’s a money reason, i think it’s more about Shadaloo HQ being built in essential militar style… probably Bison himself have relatively small private area/bedroom (but entire HQ is essentially his home)

About sharing the same room i think it started when Ed has been just kidnapped by Rog, as way to control him and prevent escape attempts.

Then they likely agree to keep this habit as it’s the moment they can plot theyr shit without shadaloo (Fang specially) spying them

Money wise his story alt hint he can afford pricy shit, tbh if they did’nt gone SF2 nostalgia stage i will have been ok if they gave him some Vegas stage looking like this

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ruy5gKISh50/sddefault.jpg

2- Serioulsy fat peoples should stop pick Zangief, low dat bodyfat or go cosplay Rufus lol

Mhh. I prefer to think that Ryu was still outmatched against Bison and only won because Bison was very weakened by Nash’s sacrifice (because I refuse to believe that everything Nash did was in vain, and Nash isn’t even a character I’m invested in any way whatsoever) and the general failure of his plans, while Ryu was able to summon his Power of Nothingness-thing as the situation became critical.

Having an all powerful protagonist that wins by virtue of been handled the strongest mojo by the plot is not really interesting in my opinion, it’s much better to have protagonists that are theoretically outmatched by the big bad but win anyway through strategy, determination, a temporarily awakened power, cooperation with other protagonists, any other narrative nonsense that is still cliché but at least is more interesting than having the villain been doomed since the very beginning because the protagonist was better than him from the start or got a random power-up that made the conclusion obvious.

I don’t think Ryu would’ve won had Nash not sacrificed himself and absorbed a chunk of Bison’s power. On that note, I don’t think *anyone *could’ve possibly won had Operation CHAINS actually succeeded.

More importantly, I don’t think Bison had a problem with losing to Ryu. It was great.

Nash death seems tuesday to Guile and Nash return seems tuesday to Abel.

Bison deserve more than a Ryu realization power-up.

It’s like the Ties that Bind that were everyone just watch Ryu being beat to death by an unknown and strange shadaloo guy(Seth) with a huge yin and yang in the belly that seems invincible. As if they treat Ryu and Seth(unknown guy) have something to prove to each other or settle a score.

Unlike something in SF2AM and Sf2V that is about the combined efforts of Ryu and Ken. It’s not the power of friendship, realization and it doesn’t even need a power-up. The same with SF4 Juri movie when Guile, Chun li and Cammy.

Even in SFZero animation were everyone take fight seriously against Rosanov and Sadler. It’s like they are really fighting a Madman or a Monster.

Ryu ain’t the Goku of street fighter universe that usually the best of his planet that fought a lot of invaders in the past… so the confidence of the many to him against those monster and madman shouldn’t be like how every Z warriors thinks with Goku. Ryu isn’t even close to Superman in what the Justice League expect to him.

I just missed those days when fights are more than a battle of principles and preferences. Not a fight that seems staged that everyone would choose to just watch, gather and wait for their turn or wait for the power-up to happen that lacks the feeling of danger and terror. IMHO

Another one that seems the fight ain’t serious like Ken is trying to prove something and Akuma seems to be someone trying so hard to convince and sellout himself to be a better martial artist than Gouken. This new trends of watching, proving or waiting for a turn kinda is meh and staged. IMHO

Even 90’s DBZ and YuYu hakusho tournament that is a one on one match-up is interfered by a fellow team member to distract the big baddie or to see where the weakness of the seem invincible opponent is. That turns the next battle in a different climatic phase in a more reasonable and emotional way to reach a sort of power-up and not just a personal thing.

Same with Jotaro’s Big baddie fights in Stardust and Diamond is unbreakable needs intervention and done with the right transition.

Ignore for a moment my avatar, believe or not i agree with everything you said.

If i was the one to design the final fight i will have probably made it with Ryu-Bison happen with a defeated knocked down Nash still there in the area.

Fight goes on as an absolute war, and both Ryu/Bison heavy damaged and tired… Nash realize that at best they will both die, and to save Ryu’s life jump in and goes kamikaze explosion on Bison

Ryu survive, Bison destroyed, Nash die as an hero fullfilling his mission

…but that’s if i was the one who write it
I find kinda absurd give an interpretation going on “i will prefer that way”

For how SFV story handle it, an apparently perfectly fine Ryu win the fight.
Then Bison throw at him a PsychoPower wave (and seem confident it’s a strong attack) that Ryu don’t even dodge or block… he just tank it with the body and reply with his attack, wich destroy Bison.

And again after it Ryu does’nt even seem weakened in any way (and we seen weakened/injuried characters in ASF)

I was disappointed by how “easy” it looked

I don’t think it was a way to portray Ryu as absolute superior to Bison (in fact soon after ASF Ryu get destroyed by Akuma), more like a way to show that current ASF Bison’s PsychoPower was completely unable to handle Ryu’s new (endgame) ki

Wich is why Bison himself was surprised/interessed just before crumble (as he know death for him is’nt definitive)

And if they wanted to stick with that narrative mindset, a 100% or 80% Bison does’nt do much difference, you will have seen same result with maybe Guile/Chun help him run out of the collapsing base

That fight sounds a lot better than the one we got. The thing is, it’s the same as Nash’s A3 end if you swap Guile with Ryu, which, sadly, didn’t happen, either. They insist on choosing the lamest deaths for Nash.

I dunno, I don’t think they are that bad. I mean, they have attached this otherworldly matter to his body, probably regular stitches wouldn’t do the trick?