The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

Bison should have at least looked somewhat scathed after Nash’s explosion (if it wasn’t for some people who think Bison’s clothes should have shredded and he left in his “destroyed Battle Outfit” costume.

But Bison looked to be left entirely unscathed after the attack.

Rather poor storytelling. The logics is correct, but viewers are still left to assume a lot if they want to give it importance.
Nonetheless, Nash’s final sacrifice attack should have been acknowledge and honored at least as a part of the story… but no one seemed to care at all about it.

Again, poor storytelling, with a simple detail they could have given more importance to Nash and instead was treated he as a throwaway loser.

Agreed. Poor storytelling and the bad cosmetics didn’t help either. We have to do A LOT OF assuming if we want to get the idea that Nash did something in SFV. And you know how that works; you can always turn out to be wrong in the end.

I actually agree with the idea that Nash’s attack helped to defeat Bison… but if we want to see it in a different way, maybe Nash’s attack was simply not strong enough and it was completely reversed towards him meaning his destruction, with Bison being unscathed by the attack.

I still think the idea of Capcom was that Nash’s attack was important… but the storytelling leaves everything to the viewer’s assumption and it’s easier to assume it the other way.

The thing is, if Capcom really meant that, the scene should have been directed in a way it was indisputable that Nash’s attack harmed Bison. The scene didn’t give us any of that. They just dropped the ball big. If they only retcon/tweak the scene for the next update, or at least acknowledge it by mention, Nash’s memory would be actually honored.

Looking at ASF again, I really liked these moments:

Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/LO83q6w.gif

Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/x4PCKuL.gif

Despite all of the inner demons Ryu was battling, along with Necalli trying to gobble him, he still showed up ready to fight alongside Guile and Chun-Li. Seeing them all get into a fighting stance…that was pretty nice, albeit short. Part of the reason why I enjoyed it is because I like the idea of them needing to work together to deal with Bison. I know Ryu had gotten much more powerful, but Bison has been shown to be a team-buster. It took everything they had to take on Bison in SF2 Aftermath…and even that wasn’t enough to stop him. A significantly more powerful Bison needing to be challenged by an entire team only seems right.

Also:

Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/PPokSHC.gif

Nash’s Sonic Move was ridiculously cool to see in a cutscene.

I always seem to find little moments I enjoy every time I look at ASF again.

ASF may not have overall been as good as say Injustice 2’s story mode, but in terms of frequency of amazing cinematic shots and moments it wipes the floor clean with the competition. I say that with full confidence.

I always think the ASF story mode was intended to be longer chapter by chapter thing but it was rushed and trimmed to cover up the demands of an arcade mode. It should have been better.

The thing the stitch is like Dark Stalker and Power Stone not the like of SFAlpha, SF3 and SF’s Secret Society like Necro, Gill, Twelve and Eleven.

Those were how the world of street fighter known Secret Society to be functional from Necro, Gill and Twelve.

Unless it was intended to be like that to regret and be easily submissive

Nash stitches should be more like

Spoiler

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/nz5/char/preston-ajax-fighting-layer-art.png

The exaggeration is still there but fits complete with the cast without looking like a crossover character.

It’s like Birdie’s Huge Doughnut in victories… this is another of those trying hard exaggeration that went out of proportion. We can compare it with any idea of fictional references we knew ever existed and relative from comics, cartoons and anime to justify the means or what it is trying to convey but it isn’t worldly to it’s fictional reality and does not compromised to the standards of functionality on it’s fictional reality.

Spoiler

http://orig09.deviantart.net/0bbf/f/2015/166/f/9/screen_shot_2015_06_15_at_10_20_08_pm_by_emezie-d8xh735.png

There are level of exaggeration and style the stitches looks like a Power Stone and Dark Stalker interpretation not a SF3’s Secret Society.

Agree what it really does. The Guile should have been a key figure in Bison fight while Ryu could be just the finisher they could even add Dhalsim…

The thing is everything that we have been knew about Guile way back from Sf2 and Alpha, that he is about Nash since the first we have known Guile in the beginning and everything that we known Bison is about Chun li and Guile the whole time along.

The Chun li part is what it would really goes because of Li Fen and it needs to be like that after beating Fang. But everything that is Guile and Nash is underwhelming and failure the same with Abel.

Honestly as a Ryu fan wouldn’t mind Guile beating Bison and it doesn’t matter if it was Ryu delivering the final blow or not. The battle should have been more of a combined efforts not a staged set for a one on one and I’ll take my turn after you thing.

The only thing kinda acceptable was Necali like I always believe is just a filler character and a substitution for very minor role as a plot device that just him unlike FANG that have huge possibilities and has more flexibility beyond SFV.

They can even pull of the “last man standing” thing that is Ryu among the rest to be beaten down to give the final blow and do the conversation stuff with Bison before becoming ashes.

KEN, GET YOUR FUCKING HAND OUT OF THERE, YOU ONLY APPEARED WHEN JUMPING OUT OF THE CHOPPER AND AFTER RYU BEAT BISON

Ken is totally the mother-fucker that stands at the edge of a rumble and then afterwards runs in and claps people on the back and is like “Oh shit that was crazy! We beat their asses!” when his pussy ass didn’t even throw a punch.

Gotta admit that handshake moment was kinda cute. And damn, Ryu’s stare is pretty intense. He almost looks like he’s eyefucking Karin at the end lol

You mean like this?

http://i.imgur.com/MxZNkCf.gif

Shhh…Sakura can’t know. It will break her heart. I mean it’s obvious to everyone else, Sakura can’t find Ryu. Karin needs him and sends one of her underlings to his direct location. Karin violently removes anyone from her property uninvited. Ryu is allowed to be at her premises without supervision. Poor Sakura…

It’s not what you think @bakfromon , Ken just realized that his best friend has been hooking up with a female version of himself and it freaked him out. Poor bastard was instantly mind fucked.

Eliza: “ahahaha”

Ken: “What’s so funny?”

Eliza: “I just realized something. Ryu’s lady friend is blonde, Japanese, incredibly rich, loves to wear red, and is obsessed with being the best fighter in world”

Ken: “And…”

Eliza: “It’s almost like he’s dating you sweetie.”

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmONPmNWIAEQKan.jpg

Kens face is 100% “I fucked up. I missed my chance” in that picture.

I know that’s a joke, but honestly Karin is one of the few SF women who I’m sure could be okay with Ryu’s “fly and fight” lifestyle. Both from her resources letting her easily keep tabs on him and know when/if he’s ahem… chasing foreign women, and empathy with his quest for self-improvement. Others like Chun-Li (who’s been paired with Ryu a bunch in fandom) wouldn’t be so accepting.

Ken is the only person for Ryu.

On second though, Bison wants to be inside Ryu and Necalli wants to eat him. So maybe there’s plenty of Ryu to go around.

Yeah, it’s a really cool World Warriors reunion moment…and also Karin trying desperately to get over.

ASF had it’s moments

http://i.imgur.com/dvuIzYI.gif

That subliminal message, though.

Agree. Even in the anticipation thread Rosso always slip-in. Cestus is trying to subconsciously make us want Rosso with that awesome move.

While Capcom makes us subliminally dislike Ken…