The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

YES, ROTFL. It’s more indirect in Japanese, but brilliantly translated nonetheless.
衝撃の告白じゃのう。
かなり上級者向けの組み合わせじゃが…
Literally, it would be “A shocking confession!
Quite the connoisseur pairing, though…

Obviously the “connoisseurs” are the shippers of the Ryu/Vega pairing. So, a great English rendition. (“Well, that was unexpected. The Ryu/Bison shippers are going to be thrilled, though.”)

Yes, she is. Even in PXZ2 she can do it, but it’s clear she is able to travel through space and time only when she has her emblem - and that’s why she wants to retrieve it from Vega. Basically, she’s like the Doctor trying to get back the TARDIS.
(speaking of which, Capcom very evidently knows about Doctor Who: if “Doctor Woo” with that robotic dog which resembled K-9 isn’t a blatant reference, I don’t know what it is…).
It’s unknown if she has visions, but as Ryoredcyclone once pointed out, it’s very likely she knows the future for certain. When she says to Rose that she’s going to resolve the matter with Vega in 15 minutes, she doesn’t use the assumption forms the Japanese language normally uses, but gives it as a matter of fact.

1 Like

@Shockdingo that spot got surprising good casting despite being just few seconds scenes

1 Like

Yeah, I was surprised how good it all looked! Maki was freakin’ perfect!

https://twitter.com/tajh256/status/1269782725835329536?s=20

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

4 Likes

This

Is

TRUE POWER!

SNK had tons of that too but not as good as Capcom that used body double for the face like they did with Vega/Claw.

It’s not spot-on the body especially with Haggar and Carlos but it does a good job.

I remember something of my old post about a SF promotional video of Mike Moh and Tyson.

1 Like

In SF1, Mike is Mike Tyson and Joe is Joe Lewis

2 Likes

Here is your Ryu
(I alwas preffered him over Mike Moh for the role, Moh was more of a fit for Fei Long IMO)

4 Likes

I think you guys get too hung up on finding an actor that looks the part, instead of one that can PLAY the part.

3 Likes

Ideally, a good balance of both aspects should be pursued.

1 Like

that’s where the body double comes in like they did here

since the commercial had two actors, one for the face and the other for the body.

plus we had deep fake to make thing work easier compare in the 90s and early 2ks

Especially with the technology nowadays compare to the yesterdays that was used on that fake bruce lee scene.

Even p0rn used this one nowadays for fake celebrity stuff.

Comparing to another form of duplication used in terminator.

Its not the same holywood budget used in terminator but with the Jim Carey one it worked.

any difficulties and doubts, is not a problem nowadays were advance…

bonus

1 Like

Deep fakes are amazing these days…who even needs actors!

Feilong

5 Likes

A bit of a longshot, but does anyone have a scan of Charlie from Guile’s tearful flashback in Masaomi Kanzaki’s SF2 manga? It’d help me out for a project.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I think I can get it for you tomorrow!

3 Likes

Thanks, much appreciated!

1 Like

On an unrelated note:
Happy Rockman Day, folks

Megaman X and Zero have a tendency of perfectly mimicking both Ryu and Ken’s techniques.

Meanwhile, some bosses (particularly in Megaman X4) tend to borrow techniques from known Street Fighter characters (Slash Beast = Nash and Magma Dragoon being a literal exaggeration of Gouki).

4 Likes

Hope this helps! Its from the colorised version though.

6 Likes

PERFECT! Thanks! How would you like to be credited? I’m putting this in an upcoming video

1 Like

Cool, hopefully it can be watched soon! Spoonman is OK, thanks.

1 Like

Hey man, I also found the page. Since you have the color version, I’ll just shoot what’s in the text to you:

Guile: “STOP!”

“When I realized what I was doing… With my own hands I… Charlie…”

But I actually like the Spanish version more because it’s more direct: “I couldn’t avoid it, I had to kill Charlie, my best friend.”

2 Likes