Miðgarðsorm Presents The Street Fighter V Story Thread

How immature, DarthEnder.

1 Like

It will still be canon till somebody at Capcom specifically retcon it as never happened, wich i doubt they will

So yeah, SFEX universe got somehow canonized (due Darun having a role in ASF, not for this Ryu costume) and no amount of salt is going to change it

5 Likes

When I go postal at Capcom studios, it’s gonna be y’alls fault…

I gotta find a floorplan first though. I don’t wanna hit anybody in the DMC department.

No, but making constant terrible story, character, gameplay and business decisions does. Which they do.

1 Like

Now were more into slightly experimentive Capcom…

Fighting EX characters are and KOF characters are the other fighting game IP that SF can incorporate easily than those of Tekken and MK interms of move set and power level. So I wouldn’t had an issue with it especially the character hadn’t had huge backstory baggage like Garuda.

The worst part is adding Darkstalkers as characters instead but would be expecting that in future titles since experimentation would go down more.

We might even be caught on a surprise having Tekken costumes or Marvel costumes as a possibility.

That extent would be my current expectation but not the last character as something of an external IP.

1 Like

Mike should be SF2’s Boxer.

But he’s not and he will never be.

Confirming Boxer/Bison’s name to be “Mike” would probably have led them to legal issues. It’s better to put that to rest.

That’s the reason why Mike will never be officially SF2’s Boxer.

Looking back if the last character would be an EX Character it’s likely be Skullo since he made the rank up to TOP 16

The next EX character to Skullo is Garuda that is in rank 47 which is very far away.

Regardless of that I’m still wanting Garuda than Skullo but the possibility is slim

I would still prefer Haggar or another background character in SF than EX but would go for Garuda if that is the case.

Capcom should talk to Tyson and do a promotional ads like 90s SF2 commercials

To settle things up and had a confirmation if it’s okay, 90s had a very different context on similarities than what is in the year 2k onwards. His fans would be even probably like the idea of him playing as Balrog in just a few seconds that could wonders.

His probably very cool with it nowadays.

https://archive.supercombo.gg/uploads/default/original/3X/5/1/511b2ce52a5bb90cbd50c98fc89db9dcc55fae3b.jpeg

https://archive.supercombo.gg/uploads/default/original/3X/7/e/7ed00b06d89618204a170fa0044c3b730f348d16.jpeg

Tyson cosplaying as Balrog in Las Vegas Golden Nugget for a short fight scene commercial is not just something that casual fans would like but something that would mark the gaming history.

It’s like Segata Sanhiro doing Haohmaru

They could add the announcer

https://archive.supercombo.gg/uploads/default/original/3X/7/c/7c3f7c05a0420db5bc77c5b8df8db7292e002007.jpeg

He could Spar with Mike Moh that played a Bruce Lee recently in the movie

SNK did tons of this also not just SF

1 Like

It’s kinda ironic that the character poll include EX characters and no Slam masters characters which is part of there IP and connected with SF because of final fight.

Which very much confirmed that Capcom is done with that IP.

They will NEVER have legal issues over Balrog.

Period.

Just like K9999 would not be legal issues for SNK.

It’s all nonsense statements by people with no idea what they’re talking about

1 Like

I don’t think this matters as SNK discarded him as soon as they got the series back and getting the superior Nameless to replace him.

3 Likes

For people that don’t frequent The SFV General thread, I just posted this. Which is a cool change by Capcom.

https://twitter.com/4everbuffy/status/1305691686698442753

5 Likes

But Skullomania’s fighting style is shit, to be true.

Not worthy of Street Fighter.

3 Likes

Actaully It’s not about they can do it.

It’s not worth the trouble, It’s just playing safe than spending budget for aleast priority.

Boxer’s name is confirmed to be Mike. Just not in NA.

Mike Bison IS his Japanese name.

3 Likes

I remember an interview surfaced more than a year ago were Tyson was in some sports show and the host pulled up a pic of Balrog and told Tyson the story, Tyson was actually very flattered. Now, that doesn’t mean he would’ve been the same in the early 90s, mind you; the point is that he seems cool about it now.

1 Like

Yeah. Companies always have to watch their back, anyway.

I’ll be honest, despite how much i love good portion of SFEX cast and i find a tragedy that SF can’t use freely the best designs it had… i say fuck Skullomania too

Garuda too while at it

But point is despite me not liking the idea, it fit what i expect the secret 5th to be, and see how the old polls already influenced them (they gone already out of expected path to get Akira)

1 Like

How the fk is Sawada more popular than Nash and Eagle? Wtf

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/saku2815yum/status/1305521687824404480?s=20

1 Like

Memes. Memes are power.

3 Likes

What i would LOVE would be get lot of SFEX alts, and then they add a SFEX arcade path with them

my ideal selection would be:

Allen - Ken
Darun - Gief
C.Jack - Cody
Pullum - Menat
D.Dark - Nash
Hokuto - Karin
Rosso - Ed
Sharon - Falke
Hayate - Zeku
Garuda - Akuma
Shadowgeist - Bison