The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

It feels like Lilith Juri: Akuma or Gief look better suited for the costume but I’ll take it anyway.

Should have made Kolin -Tabassa instead

1 Like

LOL Alex-Leo was in my Halloween wishlist 1000 years ago :smiley:
-click and then click again for full size -

But tbh i’m tired of that stuff outside Halloween, give me official costumes… still waiting SF2 alt for everyone’s still missing it and SFA Bison

ps: btw code version will probably be human Leo
immagine

2 Likes

What if season 4 gives us O versions of characters from the classic games.

I.e you select Dhalsim then can choose sfv (regular) version or an O/EX/whatever version where he not only looks but plays like classic Dhalsim with the horizonal fireball. Charge vega! Green hand gief! Psycho crusher bison! Etc.

2 Likes

Will be fun have an alternative version for each that could be used in non-ranked (maybe just in rooms?)

But at that point i will not want it to be classic past games based, i will prefer another “Omega mode” where they put all that experimental stuff they surely did for SFV but never used in fear of break balance

Omega was interessing to see how they create, example most of Omega Ryu changes in SF4 got an incarnation in SFV Ryu: axe kick, target combo 1&2, Vskill, VT2

I’m sure there’s lot of fun stuff they got and never released

But before even thinnk about that give me fucking Critical Arts 2, i need to ShinShoryu people and russian skies still unprotected.
So many will benefit from an interessing CA… they can give Falke a psycho fart as CA2 and will still be better LOL

On general CA are great for characterization

1 Like

It was my idea to begin with before he just photoshop it.

Then labeling his… lol

When Ken was change visually to his request he became obsess on labeling stuff. It was even a wrong choice. He puts it in his sig as a bragging rights.

His desperate claims of labeling everything as his or sometimes his first. Isn’t helping things to happen and implemented because he commonly used it mock and brag against Capcom or how better he is without having no idea of what technicality is.

Honestly Cestus is a skilled person but not idealistic, innovative and creative as an individual.

The only thing I like with his costume was Nero with Ed idea of cestus. And also his CFN nostalgia edits was good, Trying to be fair.

While mostly all he does is parrot and echo the ideas of other that are pioneer Bigmex and most from streetfightermiscelleny website

While I try to find something new and never been thought before.

I was the one that started the costume set topic.

All his into was Ed being Nero and for the black top change for Ken on SFV costume.

You can check the original link below:

You can check the original link below:

Actually I didn’t just post it within the storythread or another dedicated but also spread it in whole forum and other Capcom related websites by attaching it in my sig and being an active part of a discussion in newest FGs under development.

Summary

I use to be constructive dealing with his argument and attacking his arguments but he throws in tantrums by calling people by derogatory accusation without knowing the person such us they don’t no design and the random guy in the internet without realizing other people probably a much broader field on design than his that was in the Sagat request of his. It’s like he never been in a creative or indie forums where it’s more rationally to criticize design rather than falsely accuse someone. When he sees people posting female request he calls them vaginas in the character thread. He underestimated me for not posting photoshop stuff like his lol

Without even realizing my methods of design isn’t as narrow as his and I also know much better than he knows that’s why he likes it even he hates me lol. I would just admit it I’m not into sports combat but it’s not a necessary basis for the situation I’m discussing.

I myself don’t even talk that I was the one with this and that, that no other one has even thought with those things.

The first time that I only claim something was after more than 4 years after because I need to explain Seth narrative purpose in the storythread which I even include in my original request post, and also the others when I came across to the likes of cestus that labels things as his then mock how he is better than those designer in the field.

Because if I write something it was done purposely that’s why it has details not something to cool and trendy or to be used as bragging rights.

Same thing with the SFV Arcade mode that was not similar to the previous Arcade mode, which a like my Redux episode.

Even Zero G Gouki in TVC that was nearly implemented according to the interview was I am sole person that had the robot Gouki in the wishlist and his sig.

The only thing that was never happening ever since was the beat em up mode in a Capcom Fighting Game that I continually requested even from MVC3 development stages.

My Extra Costume thread

On topic.

Interesting thoughts but probably that could be implemented as a V-Skill 2 rather than same character different moves like MKX does.

11 Likes

Last night, while I couldn’t sleep, a thought crossed my mind. Abel should have been Alex, storywise. Now, I know Abel is cool and this sounds crazy, but hear me out on this.

1. Nash would save Alex from one of Shadaloo’s bases while he was young, probably a teen and place him in the care of one of his mercenary friends, Tom.
  2. There’s clear from Gill’s interest in Alex that there’s something special about the guy. Well, this same special thing would be why Bison was after him as well and why he was in Shadaloo’s custody. He would be a great potential kid, much like Ryu, descending from a long line of mythical warriors.
  3. Because of his lineage, Bison can’t outright possess his body, but that wouldn’t stop him from cloning the guy to hell and back, starting the new host bodies project.
  4. But the combination of Alex’s ancestry and Bison’s Psycho Power would lead to one of those clones to gain sentience, resulting in Seth’s rebellion against Bison.
  5. Alex’s line in this case would be from a lesser branch of his familiy, the original main line being kept secret (explaining why Bison goes for him not for these other guys) by the Secret Society… which in modern times is represented by Gill and Urien. This would make Gill and Alex distant cousins and also explain why Alex’s clone, Seth, is so similar to those two guys.

Now pick your mind of the floor after being blown and tell me this doesn’t make so much sense?

5 Likes

Interesting thoughts.

I have also something with Gill and Urien as a clone of Seth and another one were Seth clones were from Secret Society havested genes.

Im still confused what with Abel having a linked to Seth. Is Seth a human before like Abel but latter modified into something like that form.

2 Likes

Capcom didn’t really bother tributing with G to the Q in Ken stage rumor.

Maybe they are really meant to be separated or not even related to either Q or G.

Or the guy there is just another Cyborg Monitor in disguised.

2 Likes

I got a simple idea on why Alex is “special” to Gill

Alex could have been one of the babies born from Illuminati members, destined to a life of genetic modifications and harsh training to end up in the dangerous final fight for Illuminati’s presidency

Alex’s parents saved him from all of that and, as traitors of the cult, paid with theyr life for it

What Gill see in him (realizing it or not) is a rough diamond and even familiar vibe, as Alex came from same bunch of super selected parents (Illuminati heavy into eugenics) but did’nt gone under the years of special training and genetic stuff Gill/Urien gone through

Is fun Alex got similar height but different muscolar development, wich can be explained by different lives
If he grown up in greece trained to become a perfect pankration fighter he will likely have NOT developed that 80s american pro wrestler built

Can say Alex could have even been a rival to Gill’s claim, as if he grow up in the Illuminati, likely will have took (it was’nt a choice in the cult) part at the fights that seen as final Gill vs Urien for the president title

About Seth having similar body proportions to Gill/Urien

Seth (and his “generation”) are an evolution of Shadaloo’s monitor cyborg (STILL were monitor cyborg)
Shadaloo took for years and years data on fighters from all around the world
Illuminati passed fuckton of time into eugenics and other stuff aiming at the ultimate physical perfection
Will not be surprised if other candidates all shared similar physique to Gill/Urien

After collecting all these datas is possible they (Shadaloo cyborgs) got data on Illuminati fighters too and theyr body type has been judged the best “model” of all for next generation of cyborgs… wich is not surprising as theyr design essentially incarnate a capcom version of perfect olympian greek but 2 meters tall lol

During same spying sessions they could have also stolen some of Illuminati’s Pankration moves (the ones Seth “copied” from Gill/Urien)

1 Like

To be honest I’m not keen on the idea of both organizations being after the same guy. If we must follow the trope of the Special One at least I’d like each organization to be looking for different things and finding their respective special guys. I understand the idea could lend itself to some interesting dynamics with both groups, but it’s just not my cup of tea.

2 Likes

To be honest there would be no real dynamic between the two in this case either. For Alex’s story the Shadaloo stuff would at most be a sidetrack, considering how Abel himself is useless in 4 and in 5 his intruder role could literally be anyone else. The only important thing would be Nash saves him and gives him to Tom. Seth is still Bison’s thing and his biggest contribution is creating the Feng Shui Engine. It’s just some backstory that ties the two eras together a little more, but are ultimately inconsequential to eachother.

The problem with Abel was his whole story being shit in 4, both his and Seth’s actually

Dude should have got his final showdown with his evil “brother” Seth, taking his beating with Seth calling him an inferior lab reject, then eyes that turn black and it’s no more nice guy time

Abel is the perfect char to play the underdog gimmick, dude is ever kinda gentle/naive but when goes berserk he wreck shit

Personally i liked to be him the undercover one in ASF, the part when Gief “save” (LOL) him was a nice link to theyr interaction back to SF4

Gief ever have that crazy uncle attitude with him lol

I also liked it because imho in SF4 played on russian wrestler being friendly with russian sambo guy
Is fun because in Russia wrestling/Sambo/Judo pratictioners often know/train with each other, there’s some sport cultural link there, is link if you’re a grappler first and then the style
Wich make them comrades :smiley:

Imagine like being fencer first, then chose the sabre or epee or foil for your career

Also going more specific Fedor and Karelin are friends, wich is as close you can get to Abel and Gief in real life lol
Knowing capcom i will not be surprised if they played on that too, theyr fight sports culture is deep

2 Likes

Gotta agree about Abel’s story.

He goes nowhere and does nothing. Seth was a really weak villain and Abel should have been the one to beat him. Instead…basically everyone and no one does.

The story of SF4 lacks all dramatic or satisfactory resolution.

4 Likes

The viper aftermath and the ties that bind seems okay but the in game is kinda complicated.

2 Likes

By the way, I have The Ties that Bind Blu ray that came on SF4 back at release, but all of those SF4
Shorts (like Viper’s aftermath) never came out officially aside of Youtube, right?

1 Like

I think you mean “convoluted”, not complicated

2 Likes

What would you do guys if you may have a chance to edit SF4 in-game storyline?

Which would you change, retain and remove?

Disagree with him when it comes to G & Falke’s themes, they’re great, especially Falke’s (one of the few things they did right with her).

3 Likes