The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Indeed. Urien’s backstory can pretty much be summarized as him having a massive inferiority complex against his brother and him being massively frustrated at the fact that he can’t really do anything about it.

9 Likes

I like to think that Tom did in fact beat Urien in the past. He simply couldn’t do so with Gill, who in turn went serious against him. The fact further exacerbated Urien’s inferiority complex towards his brother, and Urien obviously doesn’t like to be reminded of that.

7 Likes

The fun thing if you think about it is that they’re both alive

Urien will love to kill Gill. But can’t do it
Gill DOES’NT want to kill Urien. So Urien lives
Big difference

Gill probably love his brother, he maybe even respect him… after all Urien is probably the strongest fighter Gill knows or known for a long period (who knows if in ASF he consider Urien better than Bison or not) below himself. And Gill respect strong fighters.
Gill surely wanted Urien in his Utopia

Still is a patronizing, superiority filled “respect”… like “you’re the best of mortals, congratulations”… wich is still somehow sincere on Gill side and at same time insulting like nothing else for somebody like Urien :smiley:

Notice how it’s not a defeat that made Urien mad at him like never before, but a fake win lol

That was probably first time in Urien’s life he felt finally superior to Gill best-moment-evah, only to discover Gill gone “Great! Good boy, you won! Bravo!” proud, entusiast , pretending-to-lose dad on him, before gifting him Presidency like some kid’s toy lol

Urien is’nt even mad at Gill being superior, or at least he will be LESS mad if Gill gave him some epic Achilles vs Hector duel.
Deep down everybody knows Hector was underdog destined to be wrecked at the end, but fuck it, that epic fight give glory even to the loser
Gill did’nt even gave him that, he took his own superiority as a fact (likely being correct) and moved on directly on chosing consolation prize for his poor human lil bro LOL

I had similar theory, but in two versions (first being yours)

In both Urien is butthurt about something regarding past, the words seem hint it’s a memory able to make Urien angry.
Well, labrador puppies probably make Urien angry too, let’s say angrier LOL :smiley:

Option A: recent events
Essentially what you said, at some point Urien and Gill find Tom, who was pointed by SS as a traitor/enemy that must die.
Of course they don’t go 2 vs 1
And of course Urien is first to want kill destroy etc, also to return SS home with the enemy head. He killed the traitor, not Gill!
Gill in usual dad-mode let Urien go and Urien get ass beated as you said.
Wich may even be Urien’s true first loss ever as adult/peak condition fighter
Then Gill goes in serious and win → Urien mad as fuck

Option B: remote past
This is simple, but i find it a cool idea
Tom was Gill/Urien/others Pankration Master (no elemental/ki/illuminati techniques, just the martial art itself) back to SS training days, and was first to recognize/point Gill’s talent (above Urien/others), essentially the birth of Urien’s hate

Aside that it can even give a cool meaning to Gill going serious, taking a fight with his former Master as a true final test for himself (after that in sf3 he will not use fights to test himself, but to test opponents right to be in the Utopia)
We can go even more wild guessing, the “fair” part Tom say may even mean Gill did’nt used fire/ice/specialshit powers to have an advantage but won a straight pankration fight

Damn story wise Tom have so much potential
But even on general, there’s no npc char i will like more to become a playable char

3 Likes

People talking shit about Shaolin Monks?!?

I’ve literally played through that game twice within the last 3 years. It’s great.

3 Likes

I love the Urien/Tom theory. I was never a fan of making NPCs playable, much less master characters who already have a pupil (Gouken, Goutetsu), but that theory has spun me right into the camp wanting Tom in the game. And seeing how they’ve worked in Zeku… well, yeah, I’m into it! Jean Reno likeness please, or what’s the point? And maybe a new name. A least call him Thomas or something.

3 Likes

Briliant minds think a like, have the same thoughts exactly too.

HERE ARE SOME VARIATIONS TOO that comes in mind.

1 Like

Thanks, tbh i’m just trying to connect dots capcom left like 20+ years ago and never touched since then lol
As for getting a Master of somebody already in the game it helps in my mind Tom is’nt much alike Alex… much more technical and removing the pro-wrestling vibe, going into MMA direction (Tom is a MMA istructor)

Ironically SFV 100% gone after some actors/real people as inspiration for some characters look, if we ever get Tom (it’s S5 or never lol) will love it to be based on “Leon the professional” Jean Reno

I guess in Gill story we will see Bengus design him (wich can hint the direction of a potential canon look) and not some kiki/udon thing

Tbh i just prefer they keep “Tom”, is how we know him in SF3 and SFV directly link to it

BUT

You make me think a thing making me focus on the name
That may be a big stretch and likely just a coincidence, but if we stick to Bible theme inspiration, we already know

Gill → Messiah → Jesus
Urien → Traitor Apostle → Judah the Apostle

Tom → Thomas the Apostle ?
Knows also as “doubting Thomas”

Another of the 12 Apostles, he’s mostly famous to be the one who did’nt believed at first about Jesus resurrection, he was essentially the skeptical of the group

As Urien was linked to Judah’s betrayal, maybe Tom can be linked to Thomas in his lack of faith in a divine Messiah

Or
They just called him Tom :smiley:

1 Like
6 Likes

Ryu: “…”

Balrog: “You look like a nice punching bag. Let’s see how far that Assassin’s Fist will get ya!”

Ryu: “The path of the warrior isn’t for the weak of heart. If you think you are good enough, then bring that shit!”

Balorg: “Hah! That’s funny coming from some hobo like you! Time to make dis money!”

Ryu and Balrog fight for several minutes

Balrog: "I got somethin’ for ya, chump! EAT THIS SHI-

Gets crush countered by Ryu

https://twitter.com/NightMareEffec/status/1199758837705854977?s=20

5 Likes

Gill’s pyro/cryo release no longer change depending on what side of the screen he’s facing?

That’s correct, from what i understand now you can use elements you want regardless of side, they’re ever both avaible

SFV Retribution stystem is all about him keep switching elements during same combo

1 Like

https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/1199647234096164864

3 Likes

Kage isn’t a real character, as in physical. He literally exists inside the mind of Ryu and has been shown to be able to invade the dreams of others through some sort of world wide web of spirituality.

I don’t think he can possess other bodies. He’s the shadow that Ryu casts and all that changed is that Ryu has chosen to face the light and leave his shadow behind.

5 Likes

Kage is the manifestation of Satsu no Hadou for Ryu. It doesn’t mean not a real character, his basically a spiritual and also psychic manifestation.

That haunts and taunts other warriors like Akuma and the rest. Not just something that exist solely to Ryu mind or a fragment or Ryu imagination. Kage is the end of Evil Ryu.

It mean he exist to anyone that had engagement or interaction with SAtsui no hadou.

Many animated movie and othed media portrays akuma as the one that tease and taunt ryu in dreams but those are false because Akuma doesn’t had psychic linking or a power of telepathy unlike Rose and Bison.

Akuma can sense Ryu’s state of mind over long distances. We’ve seen this in SF4 and SF5.

3 Likes

Yes, too bad they did a crappy job at represent it
Crappy execution made crappier an already crappy concept lol

For how i see it i guess he can trigger the SnH/“inner demon” (essentially “the Kage”) inside others, with the plan of

make them savage attack Ryu with deadly intent, overwhelming him
V
jump back inside Ryu
V
be like “now you need me to survive”

Like you i don’t think he can posses somebody else, even the name Kage (shadow) imply him to be Ryu’s shadow, and nobody else… it’s essentially a sentient and corrupted piece of Ryu’s soul, only place he can be permanently is Ryu

In SF universe only one able to posses somebody else body is Bison with psycho power (and maybe Rose, even if i doubt she will do something like that)

Necalli may be another, but it looks completely another story… different concept, method, process etc

Yes, i think he can “smell” the SnH

• Bison surely

• Garuda, like a shark smell blood

• Necalli too

• Oro very likely, and Sim perceived it in Oro during the side story

• Rose like Sim is likely able to sense it, despite neither had experience on negative ki themselves, but they’re just two of the most knowledgeable/sensible ones, so make sense

• Probably Gouken and Gen both too, as they figured out a way to contrast SGS, i think i take understanding of the disease to create the cure

• Sagat maybe? The fact kage showed hiself to him, the anger of the past and the fact that he recognized kage as an external entity mean he got at least partial feel

• Seth through Tanden Engine?

I guess that’s it

Better look at Poison’s VS2

https://twitter.com/i/status/1200142318520680449

2 Likes

And that’s completely different from haunting and communicating telephathically. Lol

So false.

Sensing ki energies are similar to how the likes of dragon ball and anime sense each of other.

Sensing same energies is the correct term is different communicating and reading someone else mind.

And Kage has his own conciousness his very similar to Nightmare of Soul Edge.

Kage is an independent and has self concious character not something remotely controlled by Akuma nor Ryu to haunt anyone other than a representation of Satsu no Hadou manifestation.

We could even be wrong with are theories that he can be just spiritual manifestation or can’t exist without a host, Maybe he can manifest physically but probably just wants a Ryu as a host because of Ryu potential from skills.

Look Kage is even trying to used techniques essential to shoto but can’t used them as the way they do.

Since it’s to early to assume theories about Kage, Why? We have seen only a few of him, he even goes toe to toe with a fully succumb Akuma(Oni).

Hating the character always personally lol

I’ll take Kage any day than another Evil Ryu or Oni. Kage is miles ahead and current best existing edge lord clone of a character.

He doesn’t make Ryu obsolete and moves the story forward so no Evil Ryu tendencies again.

Undisputed and undeniably better lore wise and gameplay wise than any of the existing edgelord clones. Freeing Ryu from SNH. Kage is Capcom’s finest work among all of those combined.

Those that hates kage just hate the whole concept of edgelord clones of protoganist as a running trope of fighting games and Kage fix that all instead of SF4 evil Ryu all over again. Kage did a positive reaction to it’s target market

1 Like

A wild Chun-Li appears.

https://twitter.com/UpperLowerClass/status/1199951168320856064?s=20

[spoiler]
There was a case like this back when SFV was still fresh. Some other woman had some really killer thighs.
[/spoiler]

On a much more related note:
Happy Turkey Day, folks

5 Likes

i think you’re remember this :smiley:

To me RL Chun Li is still karate hottie :smiley:

5 Likes