The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

I also hope they spice up and personalize his moveset, but i think “copy moves” or better collecting data on fighters IS the core of what Seth is

Imho cool take on it will be design him as a genius who now play on MIX fighters data to obtain maximum result creating hybrid specials, combining best quality of moves from different characters

Like entire moveset being made of brand new specials that combine visible very recognizable influence from multiple fighters

Think like when in sf4 combined Sim teleport with Gief SPD, but much more merged into one single move (there was more Uppercut->Sim->Gief)

Will be also cool have these moves being stolen also from characters NOT in SFV

1 Like

That would be awesome.

If I was making Seth, I’d have his moveset be a giant teaser for returning characters in SF6.

For sure dude is gettibf Makoto’s chop, random 3S move and then stuff for people to speculate on.

4 Likes

To expand on this…

Seth should just grab you then appear in the air holding you and drive you down with the piledriver. Quicker and cleaner.

There’s a lot you could do with Seth but, unfortunately, I don’t see any place for him

I would like Seth to have SF2 Bison Psycho Crusher as a special attack.

We should keep Seth appeal to lower ground but a potential threat to the lives of other SF not to the other big baddies.

Seths appeal should not be like Ultron someday. Or be SF equivalent of Ultron.

I can’t picture seeing Seth making Bison or Urien in somesort of trouble and problem. It’s not a good thing, Seth is better messing lives of protoganist and other Shadaloo Renegades

Keep the iconic characters being there for their role is the best way to handle fighting game characters.

I was looking back at a lot of the older win quotes from the SF4 era. I really liked how different the quotes were from game to game.

One of the quotes that always stuck with me was Guile’s quote to Gen in SF4:

Basically, Guile believed Gen was that much of a threat existing.

Super SF4:

Super’s version isn’t nearly as expressive.

I always saw Gen as a legendary assassin who did most of his dirt in his younger yrs. I assumed he was mostly focusing on the fight to the death at his age. The way Guile addressed him though, you’d think he was still an active threat to the world. Guile spared Bison in his SF2 ending despite knowing what he represented, but his family played a part in that.

Knowing Chun’s relationship to both, I wonder how she’d feel hearing Guile say that. Since Gen was a friend of her father’s, I could see her overlooking his rep as an assassin. Either way, I always thought that was an interesting quote from Guile. SF4 Gen was terrible. Super SF4 Gen seemed more like a mentor in comparison.

7 Likes

Seth refers to his fighting style as “Transcendent fighting style beyond human knowledge”, which we know is just him copying other moves and incorporating into his style. It would make the most sense that Seth use’s what he views as the most effective attacks from other fighters.

Hadoken and Sonic Boom are both different ways of turning ki into an attack. I feel that Sonic Boom would be a more effective projectile due to how quickly the user can produce one and the speed that it moves (it moves at the speed of sound in canon).

If you look at any animation for the motion of a Hadoken vs a Sonic Boom you’ll notice that there is more arm and hand motions when forming a Hadoken than a Sonic Boom.

A proper Hadoken has to be molded by the hands at tanden level (stomach level) and spun before being thrown at an opponent in order to increase the effective range of the attack. This is especially true in every iteration of SF, and is increasingly noticeable in SF5 as characters who throw a Hadoken without a spin sacrifice the range of the ki. Look at Ryu’s V-Reversal, or Sakura’s or Akuma’s normal fireballs which fizzle out after a certain range due to improper formation. Even if a Hadoken is perfected like Gouken’s it still needs to have the spin in order to maximize the range (notice the spiral effects around every Hadoken in SF4 and you’ll see Gouken’s is the most perfect).

Sonic Boom is ultimately a faster projectile in which the user just has to whip their arms at ridiculously high speed in order to produce the ki shockwave. It’s effectively faster and more efficient to produce as a ki attack.

10 Likes

That’s why iconic characters shouldn’t be put in a critical and complicated situation especially the popular characters from street fighter 2 and some from alpha. Even people badly react with birdie changes so is the major cast. What can you expect for the main ones.

That why im against overpowering too much and murdering other sf characters to make another sf characters look badass. And redoing the same conflict over and over alway centered to this few protoganist.

It’s not really about making the most best story like a tv series to race for ratings that needs a controvertial or unexpected to happen always to chase attention. The difference is SF only occur like 5 years interval to eaxh other.

So we don’t need like iconic SF character meeting his parents, marrying or getting killed. It’s about having decent motivation for iconic one

Its not about a story that would people would raise eyebrows or similar to the the trendy media, it’s about whats is fitting for a fighting game as genre. Which is flexible.

We can have tons of good stories focus on new characters like Final Fantasy did(except 7). It’s not about the previous characters but it’s always about the new characters.

Interessing way to see it, i can see Seth to use a similar reasoning to explain his pick

I mean, i still back the idea of the canon hado “superiority” * (at least to boom) as general thing (100% helped by being what the protagonist use), we just seen in SFV ASF it being used by Ryu to destroy Bison, while for same task Nash did’nt even opted for it but gone for “Illuminati’s way” new kamikaze attack
Ever in ASF, only two times we seen a boom being used (Guile vs Nash and Abel) it fails

It’s of course capcom’s shotoloving narrative bias, but still capcom’s narrative bias is what rule SF universe at the end

BUT digging your explanation (that i liked a lot) real question should be what is “superior”?
Power? Speed? Best Power-Speed ratio? Range? Price? Etc

Let’s take these moves as weapons, tools
What is “best” weapon? gun, sniper rifle, bazooka etc
What is “best” ancient weapon? gladius, spear, axe etc
What is “best” no-weapon approach? grappling, boxing, kicking etc

Correct answer is probably ever a BIG “depend” on context/situation, better tool is likely going to change depending on the problem you have to fix

So it’s not much about “Superior” but about “better option” to pick based on what you’re looking for
Wich returning to Seth and your argument can apply as:
context/situation
Q - what ki projectile fit better Seth’s fighting style?
A - Sonic Boom i’ts best option, because etc etc

Wich in Seth mindset probably translate as absolute superior pick, but this starts from the false premise of himself being the best ultimate fighter, while on other hand we can think around 10 other SF characters that can surely/likely defeat him in a fight :smiley:

*fun fact, hadoken hater here that pray for CA2 to get Shin Shoryuken as true Ryu ultra lol

1 Like

This would be cool if Capcom made Seth copy moves from other fighting game characters from different franshises (with their developer’s permissions of course).

Have Kazuya’s/Heihachi’s spin/uppercut lightning move.

Have a Repuukken from KOF

Have Raiden’s superman move

1 Like

Write post above make realize how fucking wise is Ryu

What’s the Ultimate Power?

• Bison - “Psycho Power!!”
  • Akuma - “Satsui No Hado” (recently passed on something more tryhard)
  • Gill - “My divine self in a thong”
  • Necalli - “eat strong souls” <- can’t even chew, Balrog bully him to get a part-time job for a greek
  • Oro - “Join Sennin club, no contest”
  • Kage “Satsui No Hado!!!” <- a strong burp or fart make him vanish
  • Gouken - “Mu No Ken, but find your way (but seriously Mu No Ken)” <- going to die next clash
  • Urien - “Crush kill destroy ahahah!”
  • Seth -> “my system is perfect” <- 10 others likely kick his ass, half of them laughing

Then

• Ryu “The answer lies in the heart of battle, motherfuckers.”

We got a winner

PS: reality even more OP answer is

• Zangief - “MUSCLE!!!” then start flexing over Abel’s dead body, then proceed to save Abel
3 Likes

Seth had beaten Ryu in the OVA from Capcom if that was considered relevant, Juri also beaten Chun li and Cammy.

The thing is Seth is intentionally an over confident character that high on ego and project himself above other people but ends up being destroyed like KOF clone bosses(like also c_st-s and k!r@) from NEST saga, but not taken down easily but beaten by single person.

I mean the new Seth doesn’t need copying moves by his choices because I like him being FANG puppet now. So fang chooses what good for Seth. Not Seth on his own.

Ryu should always be hadouken by default.

Ryu should always be a projectile character from gameplan to Super.

Shin Shoryuken just seem cool by the what seems read on narative but looking gameplay wise, it’s overall terrrible for a default flagship fighting game character having it as a main grand attack.

Poor on range and conflicts Ryu gameplan and settings that he needs to be near.

I loved Bison’s SF5 win quote against Guile, so relevant and damning of the US military.

1 Like

You guys want some lore?

5 Likes

Seth’s gameplay was great in Street Fighter IV. I really enjoyed using him. I hope a lot of that will stay for this new iteration.

But I still think we’ll get Shadow Lady instead of Seth :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Visually moveset wise only two things i disliked of how Seth style looked were Sim like stretchy arm and both his Ultras looking bad, his super was more badass than both

Sim arms will still be there i guess, but at least i hope the CA to be brand new (and better lol)

I guess that’s the price of have both taking inspiration from AoF Geese (even if SFV Cody takes also from SF movie Ken), #15 Cody even tribute it :smiley:

But i think gilet and a blue base aside are very different designs

Seth got closed gloves and long sleeves instead bare hands/forearms, old noble style scarf instead modern tie, baggy pants inside high horse rider boots instead normal suite pants/shows

If they focus on design that wannabe european aristocratic vibe final result can feel pretty different from Cody

And tbh it’s something not going to happen i believe, dude is just going to get his boring sf4 naked look as standard
Hopefully sf4 intro suit will make it as Story or Battle

Tbh i guess many here are talking Seth because general feel is he’s the one we will get liking or not… First the xkira/sir Arthur thing of Gill+Seth being already confirmed in it’s first half, second the CE name remind SF2CE, when the 4 bosses became playable in Sf2 (Seth will be the 4th Boss, with Sagat 1, Bison 2AV, Gill 3, Seth 4)

Personally i find Seth failing at 3 out 3 points i usually want to see in a SF design:

• Martial Art - shit
  • Nationality - shit
  • Culture/archetype - shit

It is what It is i guess lol

Seth main costume

with this hat to cover his shame

Seth main costume easter egg

Seth story costume (But more damaged/broken)

Seth Nostalgia

7 Likes

cammy-cat3
It’s getting closer to that time of year again, might make a sequel to the Cammy story from last year, pic very much related.

4 Likes

IF seth is chosen he will just be like in SF4. I.e reused/unused animation from SFv. Im looking forward to capcom cup purely for the post tourney announcement salt. I got my fries ready.

@Daemos genius move on SF2tm Cyborg as alt, it can send him straight to SF2 arcade path too with Ryu as final fight and this ending lol
Street Fighter II Movie playthrough (SEGA Saturn) - YouTube

Ideally to me Seth should get

• Standard - SF4 Intro suit

• Story - Monitor Cyborg
    imageimage
    Purple/red color #10 as tribute to the SF2tM one

• Battle - completely new design, mostly to show he’s and upgraded/power up version of SF4 self.
    I think something like Bison SFV prototype suit can do the trick

• Nostalgia - Classic SF4 Seth, code version SF4 broken body alt

• Fighting chance - Human disguise

Tbh not so much salt

Like, we could have used this slot way better, but i know it could have been even worse

At least Seth will complete the arcade paths, maybe will even come with a cool new stage to use, can be with his cool SF4 intro design, the one that did’nt sucked and never got

As said Seth got many things i dislike in a SF design, but i will trade Seth with some characters that already got a slot in SFV lol

1 Like