The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Akuma can sense Ryu’s state of mind over long distances. We’ve seen this in SF4 and SF5.

3 Likes

Yes, too bad they did a crappy job at represent it
Crappy execution made crappier an already crappy concept lol

For how i see it i guess he can trigger the SnH/“inner demon” (essentially “the Kage”) inside others, with the plan of

make them savage attack Ryu with deadly intent, overwhelming him
V
jump back inside Ryu
V
be like “now you need me to survive”

Like you i don’t think he can posses somebody else, even the name Kage (shadow) imply him to be Ryu’s shadow, and nobody else… it’s essentially a sentient and corrupted piece of Ryu’s soul, only place he can be permanently is Ryu

In SF universe only one able to posses somebody else body is Bison with psycho power (and maybe Rose, even if i doubt she will do something like that)

Necalli may be another, but it looks completely another story… different concept, method, process etc

Yes, i think he can “smell” the SnH

• Bison surely

• Garuda, like a shark smell blood

• Necalli too

• Oro very likely, and Sim perceived it in Oro during the side story

• Rose like Sim is likely able to sense it, despite neither had experience on negative ki themselves, but they’re just two of the most knowledgeable/sensible ones, so make sense

• Probably Gouken and Gen both too, as they figured out a way to contrast SGS, i think i take understanding of the disease to create the cure

• Sagat maybe? The fact kage showed hiself to him, the anger of the past and the fact that he recognized kage as an external entity mean he got at least partial feel

• Seth through Tanden Engine?

I guess that’s it

Better look at Poison’s VS2

https://twitter.com/i/status/1200142318520680449

2 Likes

And that’s completely different from haunting and communicating telephathically. Lol

So false.

Sensing ki energies are similar to how the likes of dragon ball and anime sense each of other.

Sensing same energies is the correct term is different communicating and reading someone else mind.

And Kage has his own conciousness his very similar to Nightmare of Soul Edge.

Kage is an independent and has self concious character not something remotely controlled by Akuma nor Ryu to haunt anyone other than a representation of Satsu no Hadou manifestation.

We could even be wrong with are theories that he can be just spiritual manifestation or can’t exist without a host, Maybe he can manifest physically but probably just wants a Ryu as a host because of Ryu potential from skills.

Look Kage is even trying to used techniques essential to shoto but can’t used them as the way they do.

Since it’s to early to assume theories about Kage, Why? We have seen only a few of him, he even goes toe to toe with a fully succumb Akuma(Oni).

Hating the character always personally lol

I’ll take Kage any day than another Evil Ryu or Oni. Kage is miles ahead and current best existing edge lord clone of a character.

He doesn’t make Ryu obsolete and moves the story forward so no Evil Ryu tendencies again.

Undisputed and undeniably better lore wise and gameplay wise than any of the existing edgelord clones. Freeing Ryu from SNH. Kage is Capcom’s finest work among all of those combined.

Those that hates kage just hate the whole concept of edgelord clones of protoganist as a running trope of fighting games and Kage fix that all instead of SF4 evil Ryu all over again. Kage did a positive reaction to it’s target market

1 Like

A wild Chun-Li appears.

https://twitter.com/UpperLowerClass/status/1199951168320856064?s=20

[spoiler]
There was a case like this back when SFV was still fresh. Some other woman had some really killer thighs.
[/spoiler]

On a much more related note:
Happy Turkey Day, folks

5 Likes

i think you’re remember this :smiley:

To me RL Chun Li is still karate hottie :smiley:

5 Likes

Maybe he can’t possess other people’s bodies…

But I bet he can possess Ryu clones, of the type Shadaloo keeps trying to create!

That makes him the nicest smelling shit in the toilet bowl.

Can’t argue with that, yes we can all agree that the best choice is edgelord characters like Evil Ryu should stay as alternate costumes instead.

Alternate Costume Evil Ryu > Alternate Costume Kage.

Yet Kage > Evil Ryu.

Waterson is a badass but she’s built like Cammy not Chun Li.

Sounds just like Shao Kahn!

Shao Kahn wishes he was half as interesting as Gill. MK ruined him by turning him into a dumbass brute and then finally into a jobber for Kronika.

Capcom treated their main villains with dignity at least.

3 Likes

Seen Sindel’s ending lol

Don’t get me started on the butchery that was Sindel’s retcons. MK’s story is all style and no substance.

5 Likes

They must be learning from Capcom.

How about Ono and Boon in that troll picture LOOOL!!!

Capcom’s story while simple, isn’t pretentious, and it has remained consistent and loyal in its portrayal of characters despite each chapter being separated by years or decades.

6 Likes

Oh sweet mercy, I love Yuan Herong, I learned about her the other day, or a week or so ago and I thought of Chun heh.

I’ve been away from MK 11, but I’ve been hearing of some bad things done to her history. Taking her from tragic to “bad all along” or something foul. :confused:

1 Like

What happened to Sindel was a travesty.

Spoilers I guess.

Summary

They retconed that, at least in the new timeline, that Sindel was always evil. The old backstory where Shao Khan killed her husband and took their realm? A lie she made up so she could still be in power. She along with Khan actually killed him. Her killing herself because he’s so terrible? It was actually Quran Chi that did that. Her setting up a protection barrier so Khan can’t ever take Earthrealm? Also Quan Chi so he could set up the events of MK10.

What was the reason for this radical change? It basically boils down to ‘well she always looked evil, so…’

It really shows how bad the new writers of the series are when you look what they did. They literally had another reason to be evil other than just stating that she always was by bring back her mind controlled revenant self. And the way they shove Quan Chi into everything since the reboot started was annoying since MK10.

But this is the SF story mode, so I’ll stop there.

6 Likes

Quan Chi at least is a great character. Having a Kombat Kid take down Shinnok was the end of it for me.

1 Like

Sindel is better as a villain, and I like it much more.

1 Like

She’s literally like a cat in heat 90% of the time.