SFV Lounge: It was coming and it CAME HOME. Ono is your Evo 2018 Chamion

I wish G’s super was done with kicks. C.hp xx dp? Super. S.hp xx dp? F.hp instead. Any tips to do it on pad? It’s easier in the analog, but switching between analog and directionals sucks.

c’mon yo keep that low key

Do the crouching moves with df instead of d and confirm with d, df+P/K.

btw G can link st.mp into super even at max range. It might be the easiest one hit confirm in the game after Mika.

1 Like

Bonchan alone will make me want to watch a sfv tourney again lol

1 Like

I’m currently labbing G, can you tell me what combo is that?

I was already bringing up his s.LK early too so people gonna find out.

Luckily this is what’s going on on twitter so can keep things low key.

2 Likes

I suck at labbing but I’ll shit post my findings fug it

Yeah Sagat sucks but I like him :^(

I wish he had braindead knock down set ups, meh this is all I got. I’m sure a lot of people like always will back recover everything

On hit Normal Recovery

EX Fireball: Dash Dash stHP CH
Tiper Uppercuts: fHK CC
EX Tiger Uppercut: fMK CH
Light TK and Medium TK: Dash stHP CH
Medium TK and Hard TK: Dash crHP CC (Juggles in the corner)
EX Tiger Knee in corner: stHK CC
EX Tiger Knee mid screen: fHK CC

If you read the back recovery

EX Fireball: fHK CC or crHP
Tiger Uppercuts: Couldn’t find anything that’s braindead
Tiger Knees (EX): Couldn’t find anything that’s braindead

My logic is I dont care too much for oki if I’m playing a zoner character. Like Falke only gets real oki off EX KK and VT1 standing shots. It’s just my main gameplan is to usually just land a combo that does damage and then figure out something that can meaty after certain knockdowns like f+HP to keep them from mashing on wake up and fish for another CC.

If I was playing Sagat I would play similarly. If your character can play to keep life lead just focus on that more than sticking to the person for oki that’s not as scary as Ibuki’s and lose space vs the opponent to stick to the life lead. Oki is more important for rush characters or if you’re in a matchup where your zoning is near invalidated and dont have much other choice.

5 Likes

I understand Senpai, but Imma need at least some type of understanding when I’m fighting these evil 3framer, brain dead meaty, oh yeah I have a grapple characters. Wasn’t expecting Capcom to give him a ghetto vortex but at least I see he has something to keep the pressure going.

Online I’m just trying to get a feel of his normals, blockstrings and learning what to AA with :>

Now that EU won EVO SF they think they can come in my lobbies!

1 Like

Yeah like, if I look at this list here…

• EX fireball, I dont want to dash dash up anything unless I dont have the life lead or losing life lead by large amount. EX shots you wanna use that pushback to stay in a place and Carl On Duty them.
  • Tiger Uppercut could want the oki in certain matches but if I got life lead fucking it I’m staying put.
  • Knees I could understand pushing oki for since knees force you to move towards the corner any way and Sagat is known for having solid corner game if he can get out there.

But generally a lot of that shit pushes so far away that if you have life lead just dont be near their 3 frames and keep your lead. Like when Bonchan landed AA LP TU vs Rashid he usually just opted to shooting a low shot since that’s hard to reaction EX move through considering how long you can delay when you actually throw it. Once in a while he would dash up button, but when you’re the king the life lead or just keeping a shot out there is good enough.

I say think more like a zoner player and know that your archetype lets you just land the uppercut or bnb and stay out of the oki scramble. Definitely practice those things, but know that your archetype allows you to choose to play with the oki or not.

1 Like

J.hp b.hp xx qcf lk dp mp (or mk, can’t remember). If wanna spend meter, you can do j.hp c.hp qcf.lk s.lp s.lk xx dp pp (now my memory fails me if there’s enough juggle for a b.hp at the end). Lv1 charge makes qcf lk +4 on hit, and improves it’s juggle. lv0 is +3.

1 Like

We won it twice already, bow down to your laglords

3 Likes

Yeah, Sagat is a zoner but when I got 3 EX bars, Angry Scar and my Hip-hop is blarin’ out I’M GOING HAM

If Guile can do it so can Sagat

I understand Senpai and I don’t take your wisdom for nothin’

1 Like

WI’d just like to interject here.

I’m the worst player on SRK by a metric fuck ton.

Relative to the time I’ve put into the game compared to literally everyone else I should be GM and I’m not.

I couldn’t even get to Platinum with season 1 Cammy.

I’m a fraud who had to climb his was to diamond with his main like 3 main times not counting the constant YO-YO’ing I had to do just to stay in base diamond.

I’ve lost to Pookies day 1 fang day 1 Bison and day 1 Cody although that was a mirror match.

I lost to Draydens day 1 G.

Jerom crushes me with his day 1 Sagat.

I’m not gonna repeat myself Ahkos, I’m the worst fucking player in this god damn fucking board. You beat me in the Cammy mirror like every time and that was back when she was my main. I only beat you with Kolin because the connection was fucking doodoo caca.

I don’t know no Frame data. Seriously what’s Urien st.HP on block? I don’t know because im lazy and bad.

I don’t know no set ups. I can’t into set play. I was playing Fighting EX Layer and was having a hard time just doing Sanane staff call back set play combos.

Lord Fucking Williams I am the worst fucking player in the fucking world and you will not take that from me you god damned smash playing shit in pools ass mayonnaise covered ass white boi. I’m fucking garbage and I carry that title with fucking pride.

PUT SOME SPEC ON MY GOD DAMN NAME JESUS FUCK!!!

1 Like

According to CFN some of those results are inflated by you playing G or some other character that’s not your main. I can be bad because I played Gief vs someone, but yeah. Obviously no way your Kolin is dropping sets to day 1 G.

Well I broke an Ibuki player’s 70 win streak with Ed (I’m switching between Ed and G). …I think that’s a good place to end the night.

1 Like

They had to be smurfing to be on 70 wins. What rank are you now?

I know that player was Smurfing, your Ibuki is honestly better than his by a mile (though his Shuriken mixup timing was pretty on point). He didn’t RQ out though so it’s hard to read him. I ultimately won the set as well, no issues.

I’m still stuck in the dregs.

1 Like