Miðgarðsorm Presents The Street Fighter V Story Thread

Good, more recognization of SFEX being SF is ever delicious

Skullo had insane high popularity iirc, and could be a crazy enough deal to have it as fifth secret char

1 Like

I mean, if we are getting a guest character, what better IP than Fighting EX Layer?

Won’t feel so random as other games and people still recognize the characters from Street Fighter EX games.

I bet for Skullomania if this is any sign of the 5th character, although I still think is going to be G riding Satsui No Hado Necalli with machineguns.

Not really sure how a costume in a game with costumes from everything from Monster Hunter to Darkstalkers does that.

If anything, it’s find of evidence that they AREN’T. Because the one thing SF5 characters don’t cosplay as, is other SF characters.

Also, go die.

Rival Schools apparently.

That was true until Urien dressed up as Gill.

2 Likes

SFEX characters also have SF capcom profile, something neither MH or DS have
Of course different color background for obvious reasons, and still they did the step to ask Arika the permission to do it

Darun is also part of SFV story

SFEX characters exist in SF universe by capcom own words
Capcom respect SFEX cast existence, if you don’t seem like a your problem

1 Like

EX characters getting recognized

Go sit in a corner

12 Likes

I honestily think 90% of the audience never knew SFEX’s existence.
What would be better? A character from any other more recognizable brand. Virtua Fighter or Tekken or something.
Of course, as for canon stuff and that, SFEX is better, sort of.

Eh? A guest from FEXL?
Blair and Shadowgeist are my mains there.

For SFV?

“SHOOOTO KICKU!!”

“Mada mada ne. Tee, hee, hee, hee!”

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
It will probably end up being Skullomania though.
[/spoiler]

3 Likes

I don’t care if you at me. Fuck Skullomania.

2 Likes

Yes, the same reason the CFAS characters and the SF2010 have different backgrounds. To make it clear they aren’t SF characters.

I blame Ono. And now he’s dead. So it’ll never be acknowledged again.

1 and 3: Well…shit.
2: Same character.

NO GUEST CHARACTERS AT ALL!

Not according to Capcom.

1 Like

Capcom’s full of shit. Mike the African-American boxer kicked out of pro boxing for excessive violence is not a different character than Mike Bison the African-American boxer kicked out of pro boxing for excessive violence.

Capcom not abiding to your fanon does not make them shit.

4 Likes

How immature, DarthEnder.

1 Like

It will still be canon till somebody at Capcom specifically retcon it as never happened, wich i doubt they will

So yeah, SFEX universe got somehow canonized (due Darun having a role in ASF, not for this Ryu costume) and no amount of salt is going to change it

5 Likes

When I go postal at Capcom studios, it’s gonna be y’alls fault…

I gotta find a floorplan first though. I don’t wanna hit anybody in the DMC department.

No, but making constant terrible story, character, gameplay and business decisions does. Which they do.

1 Like

Now were more into slightly experimentive Capcom…

Fighting EX characters are and KOF characters are the other fighting game IP that SF can incorporate easily than those of Tekken and MK interms of move set and power level. So I wouldn’t had an issue with it especially the character hadn’t had huge backstory baggage like Garuda.

The worst part is adding Darkstalkers as characters instead but would be expecting that in future titles since experimentation would go down more.

We might even be caught on a surprise having Tekken costumes or Marvel costumes as a possibility.

That extent would be my current expectation but not the last character as something of an external IP.

1 Like

Mike should be SF2’s Boxer.

But he’s not and he will never be.

Confirming Boxer/Bison’s name to be “Mike” would probably have led them to legal issues. It’s better to put that to rest.

That’s the reason why Mike will never be officially SF2’s Boxer.

Looking back if the last character would be an EX Character it’s likely be Skullo since he made the rank up to TOP 16

The next EX character to Skullo is Garuda that is in rank 47 which is very far away.

Regardless of that I’m still wanting Garuda than Skullo but the possibility is slim

I would still prefer Haggar or another background character in SF than EX but would go for Garuda if that is the case.

Capcom should talk to Tyson and do a promotional ads like 90s SF2 commercials

To settle things up and had a confirmation if it’s okay, 90s had a very different context on similarities than what is in the year 2k onwards. His fans would be even probably like the idea of him playing as Balrog in just a few seconds that could wonders.

His probably very cool with it nowadays.

https://archive.supercombo.gg/uploads/default/original/3X/5/1/511b2ce52a5bb90cbd50c98fc89db9dcc55fae3b.jpeg

https://archive.supercombo.gg/uploads/default/original/3X/7/e/7ed00b06d89618204a170fa0044c3b730f348d16.jpeg

Tyson cosplaying as Balrog in Las Vegas Golden Nugget for a short fight scene commercial is not just something that casual fans would like but something that would mark the gaming history.

It’s like Segata Sanhiro doing Haohmaru

They could add the announcer

https://archive.supercombo.gg/uploads/default/original/3X/7/c/7c3f7c05a0420db5bc77c5b8df8db7292e002007.jpeg

He could Spar with Mike Moh that played a Bruce Lee recently in the movie

SNK did tons of this also not just SF

1 Like

It’s kinda ironic that the character poll include EX characters and no Slam masters characters which is part of there IP and connected with SF because of final fight.

Which very much confirmed that Capcom is done with that IP.