Zangief Whining Thread

When even the top Gief player in the world is dropping him you know something is wrong. Even ST Gief had a better matchup spread than this incarnation IMO.

Further Recommended Changes
[list]
[] Forward dash recovery reduced by 2 frames. So CC Stand HP from distance can combo into SPD after dashing. SPD Dash is +5 against normal recovery (quick rise), allowing Zangief to start pressure with crouch MP against 3 frame normals. Also improves the use of anti-air jab into cross under dash, which all the cast can do, gives more consistent frame advantage for crouch LP
[
] Lariat slightly increased speed of forward movement. Moves the torso hitbox, portion that hits crouching opponents, closer to the opponent QUICKER, allowing crouch LP. stand LK xx Lariat to combo on all crouching opponents. Also Improves better Lariat punish against Ryu’s LP Hadouken.
[/list]

V-trigger mode gief should have a hit of armor on his spd, that would be fun.

I want faster SPD’s, more health, and a lariat that is functional. V-Trigger needs either a sunction range buff or a reduction to two bars. I can live with the other shit.

lariat being able to hit crouching is the only change I really want. I can live with the other stuff.

He could use an overhead.

^ make his knee hammer an overhead

while we are at it make it +5 on guard :stuck_out_tongue:

Two things i really want are faster walkspeed and Vskill to take off half of the white life. I think he also deserves a 2 bar vtrigger considering the limitations on his.

I thought of one interested change they could do. Make RBG an attack throw, it would take away the tick throw game from the move as you could block it but it would be an amazing ender. They would need to speed it up a little to make it comboable but i would love to have that be my ender instead of lariat.

Too much?

You guys know we’re not gonna get any significant buffs right? I think our only hope is if the other characters get nerfed hard but I doubt that will happen either.

If we do, even something small like lariat hitting crouchers it will be deemed to powerful one month in and patched out.

If it can re-loop back into it itself, it would be too much. Oh wait, it can!

If it was the case, you can use the meaty of SE to land another SE

I think Zangief has to have his hands down during the start up animation, for the first half of it, after that, I’m OK if he puts his hands up like a fucking clown.

Honestly, to fix that move I think they should have combined his V-Skill with the start up for EX SE.

Bear Grab would be a normal 5 frame command grab with same input as now. It would also be the stun version of SPD with similar ranges. It would do more stun and less damage than SPD.

Then his V-skill would be command dash (starting animation for EX SE) with one hit of armor. During VT this v-skill would still have unlimited armor. I would change the name of the V-skill to Iron Siberian

This would definitely allow Zief to get in on people and then that animation wouldn’t be stupid it would be quite scary. And with the non VT version only having one hit of armor I don’t think it would be OP…

if I had to ask for just ONE, and only one buff, I would have knee-hammer be positive on block. that way, when gief gets in you have hell to pay when he swings his knee and have to guess between spd, and jab

Just improve the walk speed a tad and make lariat a bit better (bigger hitboxes). I’m fine with 5 frame SPD. It makes sense in this game and honestly if it were 2 frame like SF4 everyone would just churn the shit trying to blow up block strings. That would be kind of…lame.

He could use faster recovery one some moves.

You know, maybe it’s because I suck at the game, or maybe it’s that Gief players work so much harder they become beasts, but I have a real hard time with the match-up if the Gief player knows what to do. Once he gets in, it’s more or less GG.

That V-Trigger is pretty ass, though. Then again, it’s not like FANG’s any better. In fact, I’d say it’s considerably worse.

Wait what? Gief V Trigger is ass? No way. Not when it leads to almost 400 damage by itself or over 700 with super resets. Gief has one of the best V-triggers in the game.

I guess he’s confusing V-Trigger with V-Reversal?

WARNING. LONG RANT AND GARBLED MESS AND POSSIBLE MISSPELLING AHEAD.

I hate to add on this thread, but I’m mad salty right now so LETS GO! From what I learned their are three types of characters in this game. Those who have terrible to average range on their normals, but makes up for it with good mobility and dash speed(Eg. NASH, RYU). Then there are characters who are pretty slow on either ground or air, yet either have ridiculous range on normals(DHALSIM), or can hit confirm into more damage(NACALLI, CAMMY). Then there are characters that lack really either of those things, but can set the pace by controlling the stage and some way either with projectiles(LAURA), or command normals/normals that can be charged to gain alot of ground(R.MIKA). Of course this is not set in stone, and alot of these characters can fit multiple positions(KEN,BIRDIE). AND THEN THERE IS ZANGIEF. As i said before either you have good normals that can lead into something or you can control the stage through superior mobility or specials/command normals/v-trigger/skill/etc. “But Vince Gief has reallt good normals So he fits in what you are saying” Yeah…one problem. HIS NORMALS DONT LEAD INTO ANYTHING!!! SO I get in and jab the oppenent a couple of time SO WHAT? Im automatically disadvantaged in the neutral if im fighting chun li, and she could just counter hit me into a cr. mp into legs, while all i can do if get two jabs off, maybe a third. AND lets not talk about giefs mobility. WHAT MOBILITY?? And the only move Geif has to take up ny space is charged st.hp/st.hk, which by the way gets beat clean on lows, and pushes the oponent too far away for gief to capitalize unless you get a Crush counter. “But Vince you forgot about V-trigger, it totally controlls the pace of the match.” And you are right. I will give you that one. But lets look on how you acuallu get v-meter with Gief. There are three ways to build V-trigget in this game. 1. Land a Crush Counter. 2. Use your v-skill 3.And the last get hit. ARE YOU KIDDING ME. IF YOU PAYED ATTENTION TO WHAT I SAID EARIER HIS CRUSH COUNTER BUTTONS ARE NEAR GIMMICKS FOR THE SIMPLE FACT THAT A PERSON HAS TO CROUCH FOR st.HK to WHIFF! AND UNLESS ITS FULLY CHARGED GIEF CANT GET A OPTOMIZED PUSNIISH FROM MAX RANGE. AND LETS NOT GET STARTED ABOUT HIS V-SKILL. THE FLEX IS SO UNRELIABLE NOT TO MENTION CAPCOM DIDNT GET US ANY FRAME DATA ON THE RECOVERY OF THE DIFFERENT STAGES. ADD TO THE FACT WE TAKE MORE GRAY DAMAGE THAN WE CAN DISH OUT WE WILL DIE BEFORE WEE BUILD V SKILL WITH FLEX. SO are last option is …to get hit??? REALLY!!? CAPCO WHEN OUT OF THEIR WAY TO MAKE GIEF MORE DEFENCES IN THIS GAME WHEN HE SHOULD BE MORE OFFENSIVE. SO IF YOU ARE GETTING HIT GOOD LUCK GETTING SOMEONE OFF OF YOU. Alright sorry for the long rant, I think im going to go eat a snickers and try to redeem going from gold to ultra brozne -_- Seriously Capcom culd we at least get one target combo hit confirm off jab next go around. Im tired of feeling like a masochist playing gief lol.