Zangief Whining Thread

Lol he beats Nash? You in Bronze bro?

He has to be bronze lol

Yeaaa…I think Gief can fight him, probably a super hard 6-4 if you play perfect, but no way in hell he wins lol

I’m in plat. Hurr durr must be bronze

^^ we don’t believe you

1. Better Lariat hit-box for more consistency on his only hit-confirm, and more consistent AA.

2. A faster ground SPD, 3 frames like his aerial version; if not all grounded versions then EX. He suffers from having a slow grab and no good special cancels to dissuade jump attempts if he’s not point blank; give him the original tool that made him so threatening in the past.

3. Ability to combo into V-Trigger off of non counter-hit medium strength buttons.

You guys do realise that a lot of the requested changes, transforms him into SF4 Zangief. Yet he’s fighting in an SFV world, were you have to V-Read and V-Commit.

And to suggest the Lariat to be a better Anti air, is to negate the fact that he’s got SFV crouch HP and SFV Boscht Dynamite. If anything the Boscht Dynamite should be allowed to be performed from a back jump, to give you more time to anti-air, and make it that much more better as an anti-air.

Yes Please. Right now, busting my chops with counter hit Stand MK xx VT. I think they purposely designed Big Z, like Hakan, in that without meter, without VT and without CA, he’s the worst character in the game. But he becomes really strong, with VT or CA, in that he finally gets hit confirms. Counter hit lights, linked in medium xx VT, would really reduce his risk. And make him very dangerous.

^^ I couldn’t care less

Are people really able to AA with air spd outside of hard reads during Zangief pressure? Combine reacting to the jump, actually jumping and then performing the move and I don’t see how that could be consistent.

Air spd is not a reliable aa I’m sorry. That’s just ridiculous.

Post cfn or stfu

Air SPD is a tool for read. Nice for v reversal when an opponent wants to jump back. Pretty good when you have someone cornered and they like to neutral jump. Definitely not an antiair unless you could possibly IAexSPD. It gets stuff all the time air to air.

Agreed, and I’ve said so before. If we want any chance at getting through to Capcom (slim as it might be) in order to get some meaningful changes then we need to present a unified front. We can’t have all these crazy suggestions that go completely opposite to the character’s design floating around. I believe faster SPD is completely out of the question in this game. Even removing 1 frame of startup can change things dramatically.

We need stuff that makes him better without radically altering his gameplay and how he fits into SFV. Faster walkspeed, more health, better reversals and combos, “inoffensive” things like that.

And judging by the way they “balanced” ultra I don’t think we can expect radical changes EVEN IF there are good grounds for them. Capcom seems very worried of mucking things up.

That’s why we need it to be performed from a back jump. I really don’t like that restriction.

Think of it like most neutral jump anti-airs. But a back jump anti-air into BD, would be even better.

Although I can’t complain with the standing LP anti-air, as you get an even better meaty situation than EX SPD - Dash.

I just want faster walk speed, and maybe his st hop back. Comboing into cr.HK would be nice too.

Suggested improvements updates/changes to Zangief:

[list]
[] V-Trigger startup reduced by 4 frames. Will allow you to cancel from all mediums, and allow for counter hit lights, linked into mediums cancelled into VT
[
] Boscht Dynamite can also be performed from a back jump. Improved anticipation anti-air ability
[] Damage inflicted while in V-Skill scaled by 20%
[
] V-Body recovery reduced by 2 frames
[] LP SPD post knockdown advantage increased by 4 frames, so we are +1 after the forward dash.
[
] EX crouching Lariat combo ender, special cancellable from mediums
[] Regular Siberian Express startup reduced by 2 frames and animation changed to be more a fast paced discreet walk and not looking like “a fucken clown with his HANDS UP”
[
] Critical Art II: Russian Cossack Stomping To chase down Akuma’s teleport
[
] V-Trigger II (2 Bar): Mech Zangief Mode *Permanent Iron Body
[/list]

yep that animation looks like gief is screaming “for the love of god HIT ME”

Was gief good in IV? What version? What made him good?

Another dumb question, why do I seem to get crush countered a lot?

Snake Eyez expresses his thoughts on Zangief. Not a positive one. “He’s not working out at all”.

It’s very true and everybody is aware that Gief is SFV is a bottom tier character. I don’t know why Capcom removed his green hand move…he has NO mobility at all in SFV. I’m traditionally a Blanka player in SF, Gief has always been my secondary character but in SFV he is currently my main. I’m considering dropping Gief and picking up Guile. Zangief is a character in crisis in SFV and I hope Capcom will give him a buff in future patches because he REALLY needs improvement.

1. Your not playing your native El Feurte :slight_smile: (Sorry, just had to throw that in there)
  2. Your spamming buttons at range
  3. V’s Button priority system: H > M > L which is used to award the stronger button on a trade, on that exact frame.