Zangief Video Thread

We need to figure out if trading s.HP is the best idea or what else we can do. Very strange mirror for sure. GGs man.

https://youtu.be/e5L0ouVYQA8

Give us your thoughts fellow Zangief players.

Good stuff guys. I posted my thoughts about how odd the mirror is in the matchup thread.

I did not see as many EX runs as I was expecting, it seems pretty good in the matchup. Its cool how you were using the V Trigger to suck in, but then command grabbing before a hit of the lariat got blocked and pushed them back.

St. HP seems iffy. So vulnerable to the sweep.

(usual disclaimer about me being a scrub here)

Thanks for watching and the feedback Rich. In a few of the other Z v Z matchups I’ve been in and videos I’ve seen everyone keeps trading those St.HP. It must be some kind of instinct coupled with the fact that this matchup is probably quite rare to be in. Sweep is a good idea and ex rbg there would be good too. Despite using v trigger all the time, when it was used on me I had no idea what to do. That’s a very interesting mixup tool we have.

I have some questions about the parry @ the 2:00 mark.

1. The flex came out because of how long you held it? Or did you initiate a walking parry?

2. Did you have any options once it connected? It’s only +2, right, or am I thinking of V reversal?

That seems so counter intuitive. If you can’t do anything off of it, its almost a disadvantage when it comes out. Thats odd. I mean, Cancelling into VTrigger and CA would both work at least, right?

That was a definite error. Should have been a quick parry to jab spd but I indeed walked forward. That was just a bad sequence all together. After hit you are plus 2, can link to super and I think you can cancel it to V trigger. That’s part of my game that I need to explore more for sure. I probably only went red after I saw him do it and remembered Hey I can do that too!

twitch.tv/slaynman/v/52853177

it’s a lot of video, and sorry for the loud ass controller if you decide to watch it.

Notable things: trying to get to gold rank, a set against a Dhalsim player

I don’t have a video up as of yet…but i’ll be posting my videos soon. I’m Super Gold with Gief/Rank 168 with him. I’m looking to play players as well. PSN/ID - Bum1six3/Jbum163…send me an add. My stream is www.twitch.tv/Bum1six3.

me playing vs justin. I suck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4-FDyUUaTk

Not sure why you were doing Jp. MP after Vtrigger hitting.

Nash: You looked too scared. V-skill is pretty good against Nash. The random SPDS at the end were odd. Not sure if they were you just screwing up, or what.

Laura: The ex RBG to stop his stuff was good. Could have just won the first match if you just st.lk xx Lariat after hitting the headbutt in the second round. In general you missed out on a lot of AirSPDs. Justin did a lot of Jumps, and you didn’t do anything to get him to stop.

Fang: I really don’t know about this fight.

here’s me fighting some super gold necalli dude
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk1IiYqL6uo&feature=youtu.be

Ggs. He was pretty on point with his AA, so was willing you to stop jumping in so much although you caught him a few times.

Think you can reversal spd his stomp on block, but could depend on spacing.

his most unsafe stomp is his light one which is -4, so not able to spd punish any stomp.

Hey guys. Got some new vids. Still making some of the same mistakes for sure. And some new ones! Random (EX) run seems very very unsafe, don’t know why I just throw it out like that. Also, trying to catch her as she hit the ground with CA from too far away seems like a bad play as well, lol. Really really proud of the work I’ve put in with my anti air jump spd. Check em out. As always, nice or brutal critiques happily accepted, I’ll take all the help I can get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1UivqpJylI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I3MwzULkrk

I’ll just say that you should try to play better players than this lol. This Cammy was just god awful and you’re not gonna learn much from playing people like this.

The Laura was better but I posted the Cammy vid twice because I am just terrible! I guess I should find ppl to fight from SRK or GAF, I’ve just been fighting ranked randoms. I posted the Cammy video because even though she was pretty awful, I felt like I had a good plan and made lots of good decisions.

Couple suggestions I have. You seem to throw out special moves in bad situations. I saw a couple odd looking lariats. I feel like you played sf4.

You are in the air quite a bit. Great job on the air spds , but a lot of your jump ins would get eaten alive at higher level.

St. Hp. Great move don’t stop using it, but against cammy you are begging to get your feet taken out. You use it a lot close range, use it more sparingly in those situations. Try swapping in f. Hp. Or st. Mk to mix it up.

I didn’t see any tick throw mixups, although I didn’t see many opportunities.

For reversal happy players, bait and punish. I noticed you did punish but didn’t maximize your damage.

I’m just a silver scrub so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Thanks! Yeah, some of those things have been pointed out to me. You got it exactly right, I moved away from Ryu and to Gief starting with 4, and some of my automatic reactions are dead wrong in 5.

I also have been having a lot of trouble with CC’s. I keep thinking they are just hard knockdowns, I have to make it instinct to follow up. I love jumping in, partially because sometimes they don’t expect it with Gief, but yeah, especially in those matches I was very jump happy.

If you notice they don’t anti air very well, then by all means jump in. But be careful

This is what I mean by trying to play good players. You will only develop very bad habits playing scrubs and get away with shitty play- jumping, randomness, and unsafe stuff cause they don’t know what they’re doing. Then when you play someone good they don’t let you get away with that stuff and you get blown up.

https://youtu.be/mijkI3lrpAc

Here’s a cc reset I’ve been working on. It has the potential of 0 to 100 stun and is practical. The cc can be removed if you catch them just with the v. Trigger

The meaty into ex spd at the end beats out a lot of normals thrown out. I’m not sure of the frame data though.

Blocked or hit on st hp I haven’t seen many people dp or jump.

Enjoy. I’ve had much success with this.