Zangief Video Thread

oh I was not playing seriously in the slightest after I found out this guy just wanted to rage quit, but thanks for the tips anyways.

Bad Romance got me. Great stuff, more please.

I was wondering, i just didnt want to be to critical just in case. :slight_smile:

Great vid gunmad. Thanks for the zoom in butt shot at the end.

Parry takes away so many of Nash’s tools.

Never noticed how big Giefs bulge was in this game.

People have problems with survival, here’s how to do it with gief.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ityjgiikQjo&feature=youtu.be

Gunmad, filldoh, slaynman, if you guys have any video against good zoning shotos that would be very helpful. Thanks guys!

This video shows why you asked them and not me. I parry infinite fireballs, and then the first one I try and headbutt I scrub out and lose half my health!

On the plus side, while some of my bad habits are there, there are also times where I was able to implement stuff we discussed yesterday. Especially the CC HK -> HK -> Headbutt sequence near the end of round two… Even the HP right before it I almost certainly would not have thrown if not for yesterdays discussions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgzDzY0_xq8

Nice Rich. Great s.jabs. Seems like you had a pretty solid game plan and idea of what you want to do. Work on meaty timing and careful with trigger activation (although it was fine in the end) are my observations. I like HK HK headbutt but you could also do HK to instant air ex spd on CC too and you wouldn’t have to worry about a potential reversal on the headbutt if your timing is off.

I don’t have any examples of a great zoning shoto from online, i’ll see if I can get anything worthwhile when I play later today.

[quote=“richglix, post:48, topic:177907”]

This video shows why you asked them and not me. I parry infinite fireballs, and then the first one I try and headbutt I scrub out and lose half my health!

On the plus side, while some of my bad habits are there, there are also times where I was able to implement stuff we discussed yesterday. Especially the CC HK -> HK -> Headbutt sequence near the end of round two… Even the HP right before it I almost certainly would not have thrown if not for yesterdays discussions.

[/quote]

Rich Massive MASSIVE improvement! you are really getting much better.

two things. Using standing jab is great for anti air but dont double tap it. The key to playing a grappler is control. So you want to play very methodical. when you use st jab as an antiair you want it to set up your next attack, by double tapping your best option is not block so you lost your momentum. not as much of a problem with ken as he has stubby normals but still a bad habit you should break.

Second on the first round you ended with Vtrigger and could have ended the round with a normal but went with ex air spd. i know why as you had the muscle memory to do that but if you can save the meter and still end the round do something else. you never know when you will need that meter later.

overall you are improving very fast. keep it up, dont worry so much about winning as you do about dissecting your matches and how you can get better.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Filldoh positivity is refreshing, the internet is a dark place, lol.

The point about the meter is a good one. I miss that throw sometimes so i just do it every time i hit with red lariat to get the excecution better. In training i can hit it 10 out of 10, but matches are different.

I have a question about the jab thing. Is there any value in being a little spammy with it to set up ticks? At one point in the vid i whiff 2 jabs then spd him. It was good feels because I very much saw ahead and planned it rather then just randomly deciding to spd. I was certain after the jabs (and other jab spamming earlier) he would expect at least one more, and eat my throw.

Crouching jab yes. Spam it all day. +3 on block and 4 frames. Standing not as good.

If your fighting a character with three frame jabs do multiple cr. Jabs if a 4 frame jabber use cr jab to cr. Mp as you get the white life damage on a tick throw plus a possible counter hit.

And as far as the positivity I am 38 so I grew up before the internet, I can’t be an asshole to someone I don’t know. If I know you though you are free game

here’s an online fight or something https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlPDeUhoUMQ&feature=youtu.be

Me playing against a Karin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie9_aCBzX0I

300 rank gold Necalli rage quit on me. Tips? I jump too much I am working on that. Will try to upload a few other quality matches which are few and far between slogging through this ranking system.

https://youtu.be/i95UANuOnlo

HA! I just fought this guy in lobby ft-10. He is absolute scrub and its 99% he is rage quitter. I beat him 9-3 and then he rage quit from his own lobby, lol.

Mesenkomaha, what is your id? If we are both from EU lets do some matches.

My fight id is Mesenkomaha. I’m from USA but would love to at least try to fight you.

Great great great matches gunmad. A friend wants to train with me but we will have to play again very soon. That was awesome! I’ll upload the set so everyone else can watch some Z on Z action.

Funny thing, those 2-3 bars were better then 80% of myne full bar games. Still, being supered while you are in hit stun is not fun ha.
Gief on Gief is such retarded mirror holy shit :).