Zangief Q&A Thread

any tips on a ps4 controller user cant really afford an arcade stick so im stuck with a default ps4 controller im really having a hard time doing SPD while just walking not dashing, saw high level players pull it off, i could actually do it when im using an arcade stick but whats the easiest way to pull it off when using a ps4 controller

Do a half circle in whatever direction you want, then up + P.

You only need one up input and straight up works best for me on stick or pad.

How did you guys practice using your V-trigger in combo’s? So you can catch your opponent of guard i mean.

just cancel a s.hp or a s.hk on hit to trigger easiest way to go

Any tips on how to do air spd input easier? Most of the time failed to connect ex air spd after full hit v trigger. Thanks!

Sure. When facing right the input is 412369+punch. That’s more for when you hit a CC st.hk though.

For after V-trigger I jump up, and while holding that upforward command (9 for example) I’ll roll back to 4. So 963214+punch.

I recommend working on mastering the 412369(8) or 632147(8) motion for EX air SPD because you will be able to use it both for the V-trigger ender and also the HK crush counter instant air spd.

Hi guys, any clue on how to get his titles?
I list of titles I got and try to remember on how I got them:

Vaccuum Hands - LV10
Unstoppable - 1 rank win
Beauty Of Muscles - 10 rank wins
Horosho - 30 rank wins
I Am The Weapon - 100 rank wins

What about these ones, any idea how to unlock it ?

Muscles Takes time - ???
Rock Hard Body - ???
Bursting From My Shirt - ???
Zangief Master - ???
Stronger Than Steel - ???
Iron Cyclone - ???

I’m pretty certain the titles have 2 variants each, at least i read that somewhere lol

Muscles Takes time - Reach Level 30
Rock Hard Body - Reach Level 30
Bursting From My Shirt - Reach Level 50
Zangief Master - Reach Level 50
Stronger Than Steel - The Yellow one (not sure how to get this)

No one unlocked the master title for any character yet so i guess its for lvl 100.
Stronger than steal is lvl 40.

Do we get any setups from a LP SPD? It seems I can do nothing but watch them backdash away.

No. You’re negative 2 after a dash up. Your best bet is to dash up block or dash up yolo lp SPD.

You could try the old dash, EX SPD once in a while. Watch out for invisible reverseal though.

It is wasting your meter.

I land it 90% of the time.

They can free back dash after lpspd

Or jump.

There is not one setup that is unescapable on paper. It’s a matter of conditioning the opponent and read.
All I say is, after a LSPD, if you dash you’re at the right distance to EXSPD and you’ll land it if they try use their buttons or if they block.
Personnaly, Im not using it often but it’s nice to have it in the pocket and suprise the opponent.

Besides, Im just sharing a piece of information that had be given to me by a Plat Gief. After all that’s what we should do as Zangief player and not just write your opinion with no arguments.

After LP SPD Dash, where your -2, they will most likely lock you down with a 5 frame medium attack, as the 3 to 4 frame lights will whiff given your LP SPD-dash post position.

They threaten to attack you on frame 3, after you recover from your dash. So that rules out any SPD as a viable option. As you won’t be able to get it out before being hit.

Executing armour moves, is a very tight 0 to 1 frame execution, so Charged Stand HP and EX SE are difficult to almost impossible.

Then comes your Ace Options, CA - hands down will crush the lockdown, and make LP SPD-Dash game scary.

And finally, V-Body or V-Flex, which will allow you to go even or on the counter attack. Will usually require a read or a reload, anywhere from Level 1 to 3, for example, to beat crouch MP xx Hadouken

EX SPD bringing your hurtbox back makes a lot of wakeup normals whiff after LP SPD