YouTube Update: DO NOT WANT?

The star rating was fine with me. They could just get rid of the ratings system altogether.

My biggest problem with the layout is that I end up having my eyes traveling EVERYWHERE since the borders are non-existant (or unnoticeable).

It also seems to be more tedious to do things. For instance, I have to click, Save, then Favourites to get a vid onto my favourites list.

That’s from a utility standpoint. From an aesthetic POV, it’s cleaner. Congrats. It also looks absurdly boring.

• Shit is cluttered and text is overlapping.

prob an extended april fools joke…i hope

I say stop youtube now, so the eyes of humanity can stop bleeding profusely.

In other news, they want more money. When things works well, you make less money.

I went to YouTube. I watched the acoustic version of Beck’s Gamma Ray.

Within the first minute and thirty seconds of the video, I learned the new interface. It?s not hard. People talk about how ?..a takes x more clicks now than it did before? like they?re some sort of productivity guru who simply doesn?t have the time to shift their pointing device .0006" and apply pressure on their index finger.

Get over it.

Yes it may not be my Youtube but I don’t give a fuck. They want me to use it so when they change it in ways that make it less user friendly then they are just gonna have to deal with me bitching about it, and everyone else for that matter.The mentality of “I can’t change it so i might as well not say anything” is a bitch ass mentality.

Yeah these countless games and softwares we use aren’t our either, but we shouldn’t have opinions on it?

i believe some exploits were patched up in this update

before, i was able to bypass videos restricted to countries by logging out of YT, that doesn’t seem to work anymore

The new youtube layout looks like fuck… but it’s still easy to use.

If the shit ain’t for me then don’t call it "you"tube.

Wasted more time reading this.

Since when is making something that is already intuitive and making it less intuitive a good idea? It’s not like they increased the functionality or adding anything. The same restrictions as the old layout apply. The stuff that was immediately and easily accessible isn’t. There is no logic behind it.

Looks like they did it to add a small feature (suggestion playlist) and make it look better.

That?s all they needed, and they did it, regardless of how many people?s cereal they peed in.

Again, get over it. They aren?t your friends and, last I checked, aren?t exactly taking suggestions or beta testing the new layout. Either boycott YouTube or get over it?.

The difference is that you pay for games/software. If you don’t pay for it, then you have no position to complain about it. Feedback would be fine, if Google wanted it. They don’t.

The fact of the matter is that, if a lot of people don’t complain they guys at Google will not give a shit.

Youtube is there to make money first and foremost. Everything else comes after. Though I don’t like the new layout either, I think I’ll get used to it over time.

This is what I thought too, but then they had their “text” video quality… and I cried. Maybe if enough people complain they’ll go back to the old layout.

What are you complaining about? From an IT perspective…its brilliant.

new layout is fucked.

Because the topic about weather or not you like the new Youtube update. For fucks sake we are answering the TCs question. It’s what the fucking topics about you fucking moron. If I thought Google was gonna change it for me if I asked them I’d email them but I don;t think they are going to so I;m not going to waste my time. Instead I’m posting in a topic asking for my opinion on the update.

For fucks sake we know Googles not gonna change anything you retard.

I am debating the OP’s and respondents position on this, not the purpose of the thread itself, nor am I debating whether Google will change anything due to this constant whining I’m seeing now. Please try and follow, I know it can be hard sometimes when there’s a lot of information flying around and your reading comprehension isn’t what it should be.