YouTube Update: DO NOT WANT?

What the fuck is with this sudden “I know you reading comprehension” bull shit come backs that don’t mean fuckin shit all about? This fuckin excuse is all over SRK now and it’s always by people who say some some stupid, get called on it and then fall back on this bullshit like it means fucking anything. Why are you debating our position on this, there is nothing to debate. It’s a topic asking if we like the update or not. We don’t and these are the reasons why. All you’re saying is “why are you bitching, Googles not gonna fix it” which we already know so WTF man? What the hell are you trying to say? What are to “debating” here? If my reading comprehension is sooooooooooooooo fucking bad then why you don’t dumb it down for me and explain just that the fuck your trying to say. Maybe my reading comprehension is fine and your ability to convey what your trying to say is the problem cus all i see coming from you is “they aren’t going to change it, and they aren’t listening so why complain” in which case we already know! If that’s not what your saying then how about you clarify it for me.

You’re right. There’s absolutely nothing are to debate here.

I love the new look.

More video, less random shit.

:slight_smile:

http://www.youtube.com/t/new_viewing_experience

Fuck. Youtube is on some genius trolling.

They wanted to better the user experience. It was fine as it was. I don’t like it.

From what I’ve seen its a step back. Just a tiny one, but a step back.

http://www.youtube.com/t/new_viewing_experience

But wait, they said:

Of course, if you prefer the way things used to be, just click on the “I prefer the old-fashioned layout!” when watching a video.

I see no option for that. They lieeeeed too meeeeee

That link is about last years’ April 1st joke if I remember correctly, where the videos were flipped upside down.

I know, I was being sarcastic.

Win. I laughed for quite some time. Chuckled, really, but who’s keeping score?

i support the site but i think the recent changes aren’t great. If you’re going to have the channels’ videos above the video you are watching, there shouldn’t just be 4 pages of them. Also if you make a play list and are watching videos back to back via a “quicklist” if you play one in full screen, when the next one loads you have to make it full screen again. I can’t stand it. I loved the quicklist option when it first started but they are making it less and less accessable. You can’t make your quicklist within people’s channels anymore like you could before beta which really bugs me. Also if you want to edit a quicklist (remove some videos) you have to do it on a seperate page instead of just being able to click the x button to remove it.

Also, I hate the blocks of text in the comments section. They really messed up with the comments, as you can type a comment and click the post button several times and the comment will appear like 3 or 4 times.

The removal of the star rating was a bad idea. There are videos that have misleading titles and thumbnails, and you knew to avoid them if they had a low star rating. Now they will only say if a video is “most liked.” It’s silly. At least show a ratio of likes to dislikes, or something like that.

They also took away “videos watched” in your profile. I don’t see why.

As long as I can watch videos, I am okay with it. You guys just have to evolve to the changes, all sites do it, yeah, I was confused when I saw it too, just like when SRK, CNN, Yahoo, MSN, and all the other sites have changed over the years, you get used to it, and then they will change it again. So stop crying and go outside I guess.

The problem isn’t that they are changing though, it’s that they are taking away functionality without any decent alternative. If I want to sit and watch a bunch of videos in a row that I’ve easily picked out from people’s channels, then I should be able to do it.

New layout feels bad.

Feels very bad.

To make a circle into a square, my hands are applauding your fine efforts gentlemen, carry on…

This. I also don’t like how quicklists are now handled and I don’t understand why they changed the video responses. Like I’m working on a complete runthrough for Breakdown and I’ve made every part I upped a video response. Now its not a problem when there’s little/no comments on the video like my [media=youtube]jL0m7pcqW04&feature=related"]Part 42, but with [URL=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yBH231kksw&feature=related”[/media], it moves the video response down in correlation with that section. Um, why? The way it worked last time was far better; the video the current was in response to was bolded in yellow and embedded underneath the vid, while the video responses had their own section separate from the comments. So its less functional AND it looks messy. I don’t even want to imagine what other, more popular videos with numerous responses look like; they’re all over the place.

It just doesn’t make sense. I also agree about the new rating thing, granted there were plenty of good videos that got one stars because someone felt like being a dick or an idiot but at least that still made me want to see them (kind of a lets see just how bad it is type mindset) or like you said, shift through the undesirable ones.

I’m still really not liking how the vid description box is handled, in part because of what it does with the video responses section.

I just have one really major quibble that I really have to voice out, now that I’ve used it a couple of days.

You know how sometimes, you’d want to see videos from the uploader? Well, fine, there’s an easy enough to see button at the top above the video, but clicking on it pushes the video down. This may not be a big issue when I’m on a desktop, but for laptops/notebooks with a lower resoulution, it’s really annoying.

Too many people using a free service? Make it shittier so that less people want to use it.

Genius, in a way…

Yeah, I was thinking that’s where this is all headed.