"You wanna get choked?!" Movelist/Combo Thread (Updated: AE changes)

Ok so thus far just to make sure I’m right

1. Check Tsurugi to see if overhead and which strength or if at all.
  2. Kara range/speed
  3. Is s.lk kara kara possible

Counterhit HP Hayate combos into jab, though it isn’t particularly practical (high risk, high execution requirement). Next time I get some training mode time I’ll experiment with a bunch of things, and try to figure out some framedata while I’m at it.

Thanks Sprint.

Tsurugi is only an overhead if you use the EX version.

Doesn’t work at all.

From what I can tell with turbo fire and jab you can’t fadc out of any hayate and land any normal.

258 damage, 364 stun (278 / 464 if you use j.FK). This is done with MP hayate as FP won’t combo.

This doesn’t work with either fukiage -> fadc or ex fukiage. You can do 1 fukiage then ultra 2.

This DOES work. The fukiage -> FADC -> ultra2 (easiest way to test) scored 280 damage.
The fukiage -> super -> ultra 2 scored 312 damage.

I tried to test the damage of the ultra 2 followup but apparently when you fukiage into ultra 2 you lose the juggle potentially afterwards.

Yea, this isn’t happening. u2 starts too slow.

Excellent. Thank you very much. :cool:

updating…

First of all, I can’t get Fukiage of any stripe to connect to an opponent who is grounded. I have no idea how someone would go about this. I’ve tread it as meaty as possible, I’ve tried it on FA after they begin to crumple (when you could normally do gen’s crane ultra 1, etc. Nothing. Maybe someone else can find a condition, I can’t.

I’ve also tried many times to do a FA3 then delayed FA1 -> fukiage or EX fukiage with no luck.

I really need to stress that U2’s startup is so slow that you’re not going to be able to catch someone on the short hop that a FA2 -> delayed FA1 is going to give you.

After an EX hayate in the corner I can’t get anything else to connect.

I’ve tried hitting a jumping opponent with a fukiage, jump cancelling, then meterless FADC. If anyone knows a trick to get this to work let me know. I can do viper’s no problem.

The damage / stun for s.FP -> FP hayate -> super -> s.FP -> FP hayate is (367 / 564).

Info on MP tsurugi -> s.FP -> FP hayate is 268 / 436
MP tsurugi -> s.FP -> EX oroshi 276 / 500
j.FK -> s.FP -> FP hayate 268 / 496
j.FK -> s.FP -> EX oroshi 276 / 560

In the other thread the person who reported the FA > fukiage stuff said it may be character specific. Try it on Guy (claimed it worked for him), see if that greases the gears a little.

Adding new set of numbers…

You can combo fierce into ex oroshi? That’s a surprise.

Just so we’re clear, by “MP tsurugi” you mean air to ground MK axe kick yeah? Or did you mean MP fukiage?

I like that

combo into un-tech-able knockdown
always a plus

You can FADC L or M Oroshi into c.LP xx Hayate.

On CH L or M Oroshi you can FADC into s.HP xx EX Oroshi for a monster amount of stun.

Currently streaming Makoto in training mode, taking requests

God damn, how many people have this game already? :looney:

Thank you Mienaikage.

Mienaikage brings up a good point. I haven’t tested anything on counter hit.

Opponent recovers too fast for ultras

After 15 minutes of trying the best I could get after the FADC was crouching jab or short.

U1 does 575 / 200 MP version does 10 more

Why the dash? just do the attacks afterwards.
oroshi MP -> super -> s.FP -> FP hayate 311 / 496

nope on all of them

opponent hits the ground before u2 can connect

Neither worked

Ultra 1: I really thought this might work when I started doing it. The motions were naturally and easy to pull off. Couldn’t actually get it landed, though.
Ultra 2: no, not even close

After doing a fukiage you can jump cancel, reset the opponent in the air with a normal, then dash. Based on the timing of the attack you seem to be able to land on either side of the opponent. very interesting!

Also, the Dhalsim forum had so many posts in the matchup thread that we started a separate matchup thread for every character while having a centralized matchup thread for more general matchup discussion. The creators of the separate matchup threads were in charge of digesting everything from the central thread into the matchup specific threads. This is some work, but it is impossible to go find the specific info you’re looking for in a single centralized matchup thread.

updating again…

FA3 -> IAT (instant air tsurugi, ALWAYS MK) -> s.FP -> FP Hayate
342 / 524

FA3 -> IAT (instant air tsurugi, ALWAYS MK) -> s.FP -> EX Oroshi
348 / 572

The Hayate burns no meter, the EX Oroshi knocks down.

At the distance where Ryu’s c.fwd -> fireball no longer blockstrings mak’s ultra1 will connect through the fireball.

Kara karakusa turns out to be NO THAT BAD! The distance is amazing and I have the move up to 33% reliability after just 20-30 minutes of practice. I feel REALLY good with the way this is going to work into mak’s game. The trick is to make sure you’re holding forward when you hit LK and to not do a c.LK on accident.

Also, just a side note. Mak’s kara throw is really good and many times her hayate will leave her out of throw range but barely in kara throw range. If the opponent is stand blocknig he’ll back out of range before it comes out, but crouch blockers will get tagged.

Fantastic stuff Mr. McCool. :tup:

i’m guessing her karathrow in super is just like ken’s f.mk one in vanilla sfiv? just f.lk ~ lk + lp?

I know this is basic, but I haven’t seen anything about the different versions of Karakusa. I assume short version has more range but less damge/stun, like Abel. Roundhouse version is vise versa?

I’m also curious about meaty st.strong, st.fierce, feint, st.strongxhayate.

Fierce has the most range, but is slower. EX has one hit of armor.

Her kara throw is f+lk ~ lp

wait, you couldn’t get Forward lk to connect after ex hayate in the corner???