"You wanna get choked?!" Movelist/Combo Thread (Updated: AE changes)

Already listed in first post.

didnt see it last night wen i was on

You guys need to stop playing my character NOOBS

This vid confirmes that ultra 2 can be comboed off of.

[media=youtube]IJUawy4YxNw&feature=player_embedded[/media]

THEORY COMBO TIEM!!! thought up since a few characters can do weird juggle follow-ups from FA crumple when they enter the “in air” state (I.E. chun’s FA2->delay FA1->head stomp)

FA2/3:
FA1->EX fukiage
tsurugi (late so it pops them up)->fukiage->fukiage? @_@
I’d also like to see if HP fukiage will catch some characters on their falling animation
and if somehow ultra resets juggle potential
FA2->super->TK tsurugi->ultra->fukiage->whatever

really excited about her FA since it’s charge is absolutely RIDICULOUS, reach is amazing, and speed is great ESPECIALLY for how far it is. people have really been sleeping on her FA

Good stuff… dog this might work! if it does full gratitude to you!

Duly added to Scythe Master’s Cornucopia of Crazy Combos section. :sweat:

I wish we knew what kinda juggle properties she was gonna have

we already know that lp fukiage->HPfukiage works without any sort of cancel…sharin didn’t test anything after, HOWEVER if they’re still in juggle state after, we can probably TK a hayate (EX?)
or hell, lp fukiage->TK HP fukiage->whatever…since sharin was just waiting for recovery, I think this might allow for a lot of different options

I’m guessing they gave fukiage a 1 juggle possibility though, though we can hope that EX hayate/EX tsurugi always hit…otherwise, having a 300+damage combo meterless anti-air is a bit much (even 1bar is much)
gonna have to have sharin test

Judging by the videos, that last hit of Abare might as well be a regular fukiage as far as the system is concerned. So yeah, at the right jump in trajectory, LP Fukiage dash LP Fukiage > EX Tsurugi should be plausible. That rumor of a meterless cancel on fukiage from a little while ago could play into this if recovery is a problem. Maybe Fukiage jc. FADC Fukiage > normal tsurugi/normal hayate for the “don’t even think about jumping at me” monstrous intimidation factor. :grrr:

Come to think of it, fukiage could have decent corner trap potential against characters with no good escape options. I’m really curious to what extent they adjusted the hitbox on it. Early reports that it works well as anti-air now are encouraging.

I don’t think the meterless FADC will be needed because I think we can simply lp fukiage-> Jump cancel HP fukiage…I believe sharin just waited till the end of the LP one to do HP.

unless regular dash is THAT much faster than the fukiage dash

edit:
[media=youtube]t0isRB_WoWc#t=5m58s[/media]
fukiage->fukiage->EX hayate confirmed

that vid is taken down

I bet it’s that wet blanket Nick Johnson up to his anti-fun shenanigans again. :mad:

I’ll have my hands on the game 2morrow nite so if anyone needs me to test something let me know thru this thread. I’ll be taking my laptop with me so post up whateva and I’ll see if it’s possible for the most part. If I don’t know HOW to do it please tell me cause I really only know the basics haha. I’ll be playing everyday after 2morrow nite so post up all you want to run with and I’ll give it a shot!

It would be cool if you can test which strengths of tsurugi hits overhead, range of the karakusas, speed if you can do that, and also try to fiure out what Wong meant by RH kara karakusa. Try both standing and forward versions. Also if st. LK kara is still possible.

Lucky bastard. :frowning:

How do you do kara kara in general. And unless it was taken out wasn’t st.lk kara discovered but seemed to be pretty hard. I’ll still try them however just let me know the how to do it and i can do it. My execution isn’t bad I just need to know how hehe.

fwd LK kara was discovered, but not standing lk.

Standing LK kara is basically a whiff kara. Here’s a good video example.

[media=youtube]DBxVFTGbcmM[/media]

Ah ok, I’ll give those a shot 2morrow when I get over there. Not sure how much “practical practice” I’ll have cause we’ll be playing but i’ll test what I can.

(for f.lk)
The theory behind it is to cancel the startup frames of a move by another. And if said first move makes your char move forward, his box will be extended during the startup frames and the second move will start from this new position, thus extending the perceived range.

With Ken I do :r:+:mk:~:lk:+:lp: (That is, forward + mk, and hitting lp+mk immediately after, as fast as possible. It’s like moving your hand as a whole to hit mk+lk+lp, but the mk finger a bit in front of the two others).

The difficulty of makoto’s kara kara could come from having to complete a stick move (hcb) quickly enough between the kick and the throw. So if her f.lk has 5 startup frames (?) you have to complete the hcb+k in 4 frames.

About whiff karas, I’m not familiar with 3S, but I understand (?) from Antihippy’s link that you can cancel some moves recovery frames when they whiff (and not when hit/blocked) I don’t know if this exists in SF4 system ?

Gief’s s.rh is a whiff kara, I believe.

almost positive there’s no cancel and so it’s not a kara, just s.RH for positioning (whiffs chrouchers so they don’t get in block stun) , then throw