You think you're hungry? You're not

the thread isnt in vain. the dragon has awoke in Seattle ( 2 least in the Tekken group)

We got players going to the world tourney on Dec 12th, as well as Strong Style 4, and there not going to site see, ( @ least they better not)

I understand what you are saying mike

It’s hard finding time to commit to gaming at all for me lately. When I was younger and didn’t have a job/mortgage/etc I remember spending countless nights playing Tribes and training up for matches/etc. Kind of wish I had that much time to dedicate to SF4 but I really don’t.

I have about 5 hours a day between work/school and I use that to sleep. :expressionless:

I sound like an old ass man but I’m only 24. Hah.

“i eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast!”

“you eat shit?!” HAHAHAHAHAHAh

i’m done. i own for fun.

first of all the OP made alot of good points, props for your effort to strengthen your scene. (only thing i disagree with is anger being involved with rivalries, a fun rival could be a nice asset for creating that spark you need but imo hostility has no place in a team and usually ends up getting settled IRL instead being helpful in game but maybe thats just me)

im still pretty new here but from my experiences so far id agree that the top players dont seem to all be in the same place at the same time, versis was a nice change of pace but it wasent the best “learning enviornment” imo when i took the time to talk to people i got answers but there wasent much open discussion(that EVERYONE took part in)

this is a problem too and it seems to basically boil down to not enough people checking these forums regularly and just posting in general. i can understand that SRK may not be for everyone but if you have the drive to help the community i think you can make the effort to post up and keep things in the public eye(like OMNE’s house being open for games LETS HIT THAT SHIT UP. maybe a regular thing will form from it).

to backtrack to Simon’s post and comment on this one i for one agree that exposure > no exposure, and to have one of PDX’s top players exploring the cast and bringing multiple strong characters to the table helps the lesser players like me alot. i could see how maybe deviating from your mains could cheat the players that are closer to your(say Ray’s) skill level but as i can only speak for myself all of Ray’s characters are a learning experience for me. and id agree with Gray Fox that learning the entire cast can only make you a stronger player.

edit: sorry to the seattle guys for attempting to derail your thread and maybe us portlanders could continue the conversation in one of our threads(me and fox touched on some subjects in http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=203560&page=8) but if no one cares i guess im just being paranoid.

That’s awesome. I like that. All of it. Especially the Seattlite analogy.

WHAT’S UP RYAN?

[media=youtube]kBF1lsZUlUI[/media]

pretty much, when marvel and cvs2 came out me and the homies would straight up crack out . During school lunch in high school go play Marvel and come back late. Play Marvel in the automotives class room with random broad that shit was tight. Playing classmates for money who think they’re nice. All that was easy because learning was soooo simple when your younger plus more time to game. During that time I hungry to be the best in cvs2 and marvel. I think that stiltman beating me (a kid) badly in marvel and playing Ray in serious mode in cvs2 is what motivated me to improve my game in all aspects. what really helped is I liked those games A LOT!!! In all honesty I hate street fighter 4 alot. I really feel like I’m playing a retard version of SF4 because the game isn’t all that technical. You can’t play sf4 how you want to play, you play how you are suppose to play. I respect other fighters because you mold a style of play your comfy with, that is not the case with sf4. I really do hope super SF4 interests me more. And before anybody asks why do I play Street Fighter bore, it’s new and everyone is forced to play it for that reason.

I don’t think the game is terrible so certain people don’t take what I said seriously, if someone could help answer this I would really appriciate it. Can you really form YOUR playstyle because it does not seem possible to me and that’s what irks me about SF Bor. Feels so systematic and that mind games = linear

O yea people aren’t hungry in the PNW, but I see why and I do not blame any individual.

my play style dident click with Sagat this time around but as soon as i picked up Gen i felt i could play him in my own style, granted im not the strongest player. But honestly i feel like each character plays so different from each other that there has to be at least 1 character out there for most people.
thats my opinion anyway, i dunno if id say everyone can apply theyre style to every character but imo thatd make the game kinda repetitive, i like each character having things unique to themselves like viper’s super jump, gouken’s counters, etc.

I like being up in peoples face or doing fast paced rushdown style of gameplay. I dont feel like SF4 caters to that sensation as much as SF3 did. I feel like people get scared and have to play safe because of how powerful antiairs are and also the threat of following them with ultras.

I also feel like FA into dash back encourages too much running away and leads to an overall more defensive turtle based game.

mike ur talking to a bunch of lvl 2 and 3 guys. You should expect this type of flak because it WILL come. Change is not easy. a lot of the niggas on this board do not understand the full spectrum like you do.

first step in creating a strong scene.
do you guys have each others mobile numbers?
does anyone have a master contact list?
does anyone send out MASS text messages broadcasting sea sf4 scene news?

I would suggest you guys take another direction and build the scene. take a step away from focusing on improving your game, and focus on how to improve the gaming environment.

I probably would give a damn if this was HDR…Im not hungry cause i dont like the food im eating. Fuck SFIV!

Nicely put Frank

Blah blah blah!

Freeattle has all the excuses in the book for being wack as fuck in SF4. Its not going to change in Super either…lol Play the game fuck your job/girl/life experiences/your console char not being on arcade mode/joystick/being broke I don’t care about that shit. There is zero motivation to be dope in this region. GW should be packed everyday, they have a crazy special now to receive free credits. But all I hear is lame shit…I honestly don’t give a fuck, and you wonder why you go 3 and out.

God damn, you guys sound like Chicago :rofl:

You guys should rent space in a public storage or some shit and grind it out in there. That would be tight.

I’ve been reading this thread and everyone here has a point, but Tanaka really nailed it down.

Is there a way to subscribe to the Seattleversus calendar on Google Calendar and such? I rely on Gcal to organize my life and having that available for the folks who have use Outlook, Gcal, etc would make scheduling that event much easier.

I would be down to host some sessions now and then, my house isn’t super big, and you must love dogs, as I have three dogs of different sizes.

hahahahahahahhahahahahaha seesound tonight whats good? lol

Jason you are so dope. Ty

Get GoodGet GoodGet GoodGet GoodGet GoodGet GoodGet GoodGet GoodGet GoodGet Good

haha, good shit jason.

ya’ll should smoke herb.

when you play while your high its like your on steroids!

haha, for real