XvsSF thread

Any info/tricks/combos you got the time for is appreciated, I thought you meant requests from the match videos though.

Ah, well, no, not really taking Video Match requests… Competition/Time is lacking, ect.

Something to look into though, with Dhalsim, is Rushdown. He’s got decent keepaway, of course, but in XvsSF, he also has very decent rushdown(In version 1 or 2, they killed it in 3). Try hitting them with j.short/jab on the way up, then cancel into a Forward(MK) Drill, into Roundhouse, or Roundhouse drill. Or, just jump, and do the drill very close to the ground. This, combined with his Slides, makes for very effective mixup so you can land his Super, which is what lands the damage. He also has an infinite which is based off that rushdown tactic - [ j.jab -> j.dwn.forward -> j.dwn.fierce / /\ ] Or [ j.short -> j.dwn.forward -> j.roundhouse / /\ ]

Some basic Combo Tips. His Roundhouse Slide is a very good Poke option, if you use it at it’s full range, ‘because’ you can OTG after it with c.short xx Super, or cancel it into FB, ect ect.

Overall, while he has Air Combos he can do with his launcher, his launcher is probably the worst in the game.(Extremely short horizontal range, mediocre Vertical range, only comes out if close) It’s best to stay away from it, except for maybe after a Strong(MP) throw in the corner… And even then, only if you really know your Sim Air Combos. However, he has other good options after a Strong Throw in the corner.

Vs Cammy/Chun, in corner, you can do Strong Throw, Inferno, Inferno. Do the first one ASAP, and aim it all the way up. Do the second one right before they hit the ground.

Vs Shotos/Wolv -

Strong Throw, HCB+Roundhouse(3 hits), s.roundhouse(Close) xx HCB+Roundhouse(3 Hits), Inferno

Vs Anybody -

Strong Throw, QCK+KK(Throw Super)

About his Super. It beats pretty much all other supers. Crossfire Blitz/Weapon X/Ect can’t even go through it, because it has some sort of demented momentum property that stops them from rushing. However… Don’t do it at random, even after they just blocked a hit… They can almost always SJ Towards you and get over it… And behind you… Before your super can dominate the screen.

If the enemy blocks the super while they’re in the air, you can control where they land after it by toying with the super. It helps to learn how to do that. Ussually, you want to push them away, but you can try making them land right next to you and throwing them when you recover(Risky. They can easily wreck you if that’s what they want.)

If they block it on the ground, and it’s a character that can counter you after that(Wolv, anybody with a rushing super, ect), sometimes it helps to pull the super off of them, let them recover from blockstun, then put it back down on them. Occasionally, they stop blocking. Of course, this mostly only works on noobs.

If it connects against an opponent in the air, there’s a trick to OTG after it. Towards the very end of the super, swerve the last few hits of it down. If done right, they’ll fall out of the super, and then land on the last hit late, and you can OTG with c.short… Into another super, or something.

Another Ken trick -

In Air vs Air, if a Hurricane Kick is blocked, land, jump, and air throw. I.E. :

As they drop in after a Halftime KO - /\ j.up.forward xx Roundhouse Hurricane Kick(3 hits? 4? Don’t remember. Blocked.) / /\ Air throw

Alternatively, Jab DP them. If they’re pretty high up, you can dash under them and cross them up too.

P.S.: Bump. =o

i juz need help with storm fast airdashing combos. i can do this series:
[/\ad.df lk, ad.df hp/] easily. But i wanna do more complicated forms of that combo (like those found in stormcombo videos). any help to make my fingers work faster? like button pressing techniques?

I can’t really help you with button presses… They’re just not easy. Just get really good at hitting 3P and 3K fast, and really good at hitting 3P and then LK.

Generally, the more complicated stuff comes in three ways…

A.) Hit them on the way up.

B.) Air Dash towards, instead of Down/Towards.

C.) Add in ground chains in between

All three of these kind of work together. If you hit them on the way up, the contact freezes Storm in place for just a couple frames(As all Hit Contact does to all characters), and gives you a slightly better window to Air Dash Towards. Air Dashing Towards makes up for the amount of space you get pushed back, when you do ground chains inbetween. Ect, ect.

For her ground chains, you should end them in c.strong. You can put whatever you want in the middle, and generally, after any c.jab or c.short, you can do another c.jab or c.short. So, you can do c.jab x 3, or ( c.jab -> c.short, c.short, c.short -> c.strong), or ( c.short, c.jab -> c.short, c.jab -> c.strong ) ect ect.

Ey prozac i rlly need help wif Wolv. I know most ppl use him as his infinites r easy. i’ve been tryin to use him for bout 4months but i cant do his infinite still :(!

This is what i do.

s.jab > c.short > c.strong > s.roundhouse > sj.jab > sj.short > sj.strong (i do that 5 times, like basically press it 3-5times) > U/F Drill claw > sj.roundhouse then as his comin down i try to roundhouse him, and if i can do that i just hold the joystick up and as im jumpin i just press the 3 kicks ( in order short > forward > roundhouse )

This doesn’t seem to work, so could u gimme some good simple launchers i could use and also some more diffcult launchers that u can do from middle of the screen but end up in the corner.

I’ve also seen people do another infinite which involes somethin similar like this (from what i can recall) s.jab > c.short > c.strong > c.roundhouse then they do a super jump and continue it but i dunno what they press, any ideas?

His c.roundhouse combo isn’t an infinite, it’s just a good combo that works midscreen. Here’s the input… -

d.s.jab -> c.short -> c.strong -> c.roundhouse xx Super Jump, sj.jab -> sj.short -> sj.strong -> sj.dwn.forward -> sj.fierce(FS) -> sj.roundhouse(OTG) / /\ j.short -> j.strong -> j.forward -> j.fierce -> j.roundhouse

The idea is that you cancel the roundhouse into a super jump, and hit them ASAP on the way up, into divekick, then into OTG, then re jump and hit them ASAP on the way up again. Always Jump/SJ towards them.

Wolv’s Infinite is easy, but you have to adjust it as you do it. If they’re getting too high, do the hits a little faster, or leave one of the hits out. If they’re getting too low, do the hits a little slower, or add in a fast hit.

But really. Infinites are boring.

d.s.jab -> c.short -> c.strong -> c.fierce -> s.roundhouse /\ sj.jab -> sj.short -> sj.strong, sj.jab -> sj.short -> sj.strong -> sj.forward xx Up/Towards Drill Claw, sj.fierce(FS) -> sj.roundhouse, sj.roundhouse / c.short(OTG) /\ j.short -> j.strong -> j.forward -> j.fierce -> j.roundhouse / s.jab -> s.strong xx Down(s.strong can be cancelled into a crouch in it’s later animation), s.jab -> s.strong -> s.forward -> s.forward, Strong Throw

Have fun with that instead. =o Not too hard for matches, either.

Buuut, if you’re going to use him for Infs, Go with is Full Series version.

[ /\ j.jab -> j.short -> j.strong -> j.forward -> j.fierce -> j.roundhouse / ]

It does more damage, isn’t really any harder, and most importantly, it will show you how to Adjust. You’ll realize as you’re doing it, that sometimes, the j.fierce will miss… and sometimes, the j.roundhouse will miss. The j.fierce misses when they’re too high, and the j.roundhouse misses when they’re too low. When they’re too high, you do the first four hits really fast, then wait a fraction of a second and do the j.fierce -> j.roundhouse. If they’re too low, put a small space in with those four hits.(I suggest something like j.jab -> j.short(Small Pause) -> j.strong -> j.forward(Small Pause) -> j.fierce -> j.roundhouse / /\ )

You need to start watching their character when you’re doing an inf, and stop doing it with your eyes closed. Watch when they’re too high/low, and respond accordingly. Some Infinites can be done blindfolded(Cyc’s c.forward xx Strong Gene Splice infinite - Gambit’s LK -> MP -> MK -> HP -> HK FS Infinite, ect), jumping infinites can’t.

For wolverine, I’ll do,
s.jab -> c.short -> c.strong -> c.roundhouse xx Super Jump, sj.jab -> sj.short -> sj.strong -> sj.strong -> sj.strong -> sj.strong -> sj.forward xx drill claw(up-towards) xx sj.roundhouse, sj.roundhouse / /\ [ j.jab -> j.short -> j.strong -> j.roundhouse ] xN
The opponent will likely be high or low on the first rep. If he’s too low, add a second j.strong to the infinite. If he’s too high, do it as written above. If he’s at the right height, the screen will shake and you’ll need to do 2 j.strongs to keep that height.
Like you said, there’s no timing on the jump, just hold up.

edit: when you’re doing (sj.short -> sj.strong -> sj.strong -> sj.strong ), you’ll notice the opponent gets higher for the first 3 strongs, then starts to drop for the next 3. Instead of doing all 6 strongs into drill claw, do the drill claw when the opponent is as high as he’s going to go, about 3 strongs.

uh he does too have a midscreen infinite after a c.rh xx manual sj. its just not practical, j.short,j.strong x 2,j.forward repeat. its really hard to even get rep out cuz the 2 strongs are a bitch. i usually only do about 2 or 3 reps, then it usually causes fsd, then i relaunch

He has a midscreen jumping infinite, vs Heavy Characters[Liquid Metal vids, Volume 2? What… 5 years ago? Doesn’t matter, half the cast has a Jumping Midscreen vs Jugg. Heh ], yes, but not a c.roundhouse infinite. I actually use the midscreen rep. I ussually do one rep of it, then either jump -> air throw, or Jump -> Combo into j.fierce -> j.roundhouse. It’s impossible to tell wether or not it’s FSDd before you launch, and I can’t do it reliably, so I don’t go for the FSD.[I Can do his s.short(OTG) -> s.strong -> s.forward -> c.fierce -> s.roundhouse FSD vs Shotos in Corner like, 99% of the time. Woot. =D ] It’s a little tricky anyways, though. The window to chain a j.strong into another j.strong isn’t big enough, it doesn’t let you space it out too much. But you can wait hella long after a j.short.

For some reason I thought he said ‘c.roundhouse infinite’, my bad. I’d been checking out a very possible c.roundhouse rep setup earlier that day, but it doesn’t work. =/

=0 You know you want to drop Wolv strats, SaBrE. Heard you’re pretty good with him in XvsSF. d.s.jab Lock/Rushdown?

I don’t feel like writing huge amounts of text by myself anymore. Your turn. :smile:

O shit an xvsf thread. i didnt even know these existed anymore. i didnt know you played n-ken. and i didnt really know how justin played or that he even did play xvsf. so i push blocked him into the corner thinking he was gonna attack some more and i was gonna come out of it and launch him but he didnt and he did a tick grab. then he infin my rogue and brought out cyc. my cyc infin him back. then chun came out. for those who dont know it is a bad matchup for cyc. he cannot do anything on the ground without being out prioritized or out reached so i jumped around alot. trying to stay off the ground and building meter.

god damn prozac nation. lots of info there. didnt really read any of it but it looks like you went all out on it.

Vic i think that prozac is from the northeast somehwere. not sure if he said anything about that. he was the other guy who wanted to kick spider dans ass for talking too much shit. and thinking he was the best.

Rogue is the shit. if you dont think so play me.

not sure if there were any rogue questions but i will answer any if you have some. not gonna read trough all the other shit so just post again. i will try to answer along with prozac and whoever else has been answering.

Why don’t you explain why rogue is the shit. :slight_smile:

And yeah, I answered his location question, heh.

I already explained why Charlie pwnz Rogue… =o

I should post a bunch of combos that only work on Rogue now. =D

I know some Wong XvsSF matches were recorded, but I heard they were pretty boring… =o

Man still mad about the whipping i gave you online about two years ago. MY rogue owned YOUR charlie for a penny. not free but for a penny. just fukin round pro, dont take seriously. we have to play in real life sometime.

and yeah the justin match was pretty boring. not much to it. wong aint the shit he is in this game as he is in mvc2. just not his game.

as for charlie ownin rogue. man i have to read this. what post is it. or what page is it on. once she steals the sonic boom its over for charlie. and not just cause the infin either. it takes his whole ground game away. it makes him go to the air.

now i know you like to sj and do the air blade comin down on people. hmmm. c.strong takes care of a lot of air rushes. it fucks up wolv, mag, and storm when they try to air dash down at her. one it will either cross them under or it will hit them. c.strong under charlie and he wont do the air blade but just a regular kick cause ive crossed he under. boom! s.rh or c.fierce into what ever i like. ggpo.

maybe if you explained more about how charlie owns rogue i will explain how rogue owns charlie right back. go into detail and so will i. we can battle back and forth and bust out some knowledge for these fools.

When I said ‘How Charlie pwnz Rogue’, I meant my 2 Post explanation of why Charlie owns in general. =)

Heh, Please, you didn’t own my Charlie for nothing… I’ll play you on crappy Kaillera any day… =D

And yeah, I know Rogue + SB = Pain in the ass… But rogue still can’t Anti Air Charlie at all… Plus, c.strong has a startup delay, no way you’re getting that off, AND going under me before the Razor Kick comes out… Don’t need to go that high to sj.jab you on the way down while you’re driving that elbow into nuthin…

It’s alright if Charlie goes Air vs Rogue, cause she can’t stop him. His razor kick beats out all her Air vs Air, and nothing she’s got keeps him out of the air in the first place… She can’t stay away from that, and she’s just gonna end up blocking and getting brought to the corner like everybody else.

But really… Let’s play some time… I don’t even remember spanking you, but I know that’s how it went down… =o

I also want to play this Umthfkr char. Rogue is pretty fun to play against :slight_smile:

Hey Pro,

Wasup? Long time no talk,heh, so how do you do gambit/ryu DUO team attack while ryus in the air? I understand the Falling screen deteriation but still can't do it... Any tips?

Thx bro!

the air duo team attack is a glitch. it was explained by NKI a few yrs ago. also, it’s not “falling screen” but “flying screen”. hitting the opponent in a certain frame so that you could launch em again or do special moves which normally you can’t do with FS activated…

a simple example for the air duo team attack is:

1.both players pick ryu and ken as their teams.
2.the 1st player jumps forward, as the 2nd player does a team attack super.(1st player land behind 2nd player).
3.1st player jabs out ken and then grabs ryu.
4.the glitch is now activated for player 1. any super thats is done on the ground or air will be a duo team super. EX: do a shinkuu hadouken in the air, ken comes out and do it too on the ground.you don’t need to have a level 2 meter to do this, just level 1. also the glitch is canceled when 1st player does a special move (hadouken, hurricane kick, etc…)

Oh snap… What’s up, foo? You know you want to play some XvsSF for old time’s sake… :tup: Here’s the lowdown, but what Hyper said was pretty much the case… But…

Couple things… Basically, the hard definition of how to set up the glitch, is "One Player does a Team Super[Team Super consists of ‘The character who Activated it, and the Character who came in after that’]. The Other player hits ‘The character that came in after’, and makes him go away, without hitting ‘The character that activated it’. Then, he throws ‘The character that activated it’. If it’s done right, the game will call it a 2 hit combo. After that, the glitch is active[With this setup, the glitch applies to the team that did the Team Super, not the other team].

Doing a Special Move[This includes taunt], or Switching Characters[This includes Counter], will turn the glitch off.

Now, with the glitch active, ‘almost all’ of your supers will activate a Team Super.[Some do not. Example: Wolverine’s Weapon X] So, if you set the glitch with Ryu/Gambit, you can jump in the air, do his beam, and Gambit will jump onto the screen with his Team Super attack.

But there’s more …

I assume you’re referring to the SnH video? The one where Ryu/Gambit do the TS glitch… But then Gambit follows up his Royal Flush with some Kinetic Cards? The second part to the glitch, is that if the Glitchy Team Super is used with an Air Super[I.E., Ryu does air beam, Gambit does Flush], the second that Air Super ends, so does the ground Super. It get’s cancelled.

Umthfkr - When are you down for some xvsf matches? I play rogue as well. ley me know when you are free. aim: feartetsuo

Warning! Noobness ahead:

So u mean that this glitch is just for show, not applicable during matches, right?