Windsor Thread 2012

@TURBO
Try using your sf skills to SHFFL and then tell me melee isnt a real game : D

People like Turbo are bringing to much ignorance to the FGC

And yet SRK forums has it’s own section for Smash Bros?

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?forums/super-smash-brothers-brawl.288/

Ah let the smash players post.

SRK lost all credibility with it’s indorsement of sewer fighter IV 2012 and no insulting of other members bs anyway.

No, it is that I have been playing real fighting games for many years and can differentiate truly difficult aspects of the games from what new age scrubs like yourself think are difficult or deep. Most of you smash players found some depth into a game that was seen merely as a party game and assumed it could compare and be affiliated with the real fighting games at the time like Marvel 2 or CVS2 or 3rd Strike which in reality was no where close. Melee was just some game babies played cause it made them feel like they were good at fighting games.

Your SHFFL doesn’t even compare to the difficulties of roll cancelling, custom combos, magneto ROM infinities, and just general play of the old school fighting games. SF4/Marvel3/SFxTekken are not the best example of fighting games

Yo welcome to the thread… since no one else said it lol. Anyhow if you have SFxT or UMVC3 or 3S online I’m down to play I don’t play melee and I don’t play SF4 cause its super fail fighter 4 if you have the other two games I will be happy to play you I will add you just incase u do play any of those games.

btw ur gamertag isnt working for me so add me xxEvilxxRyuxx

Hey Ru_Fist, welcome to the Windsor thread. My name is uber_johnson and I like to play you online sometime. I usually play on PS3 but I’ll be switching over to XBOX360 really soon. Right now we are in the middle of moving but when I get things settled down here, I’ll probably invite you over sometime. My gamertag on PS3 is LordsOfXtreme and on 360 it’s Chrono of Chaos. You can friend me on any of those systems whenever you like. I play SFXT, 3S, SSFIV:AE, UMVC3, Some smash but not hardcore like most people are, Tekken, Soul Calibur and any other fighting games you can think of. I play everything.:rofl::rofl: Thanks.

BTW, they are still a few people in Windsor who are fighting fanatics such as me. Ultimacloud, Saito just to name a couple. Just wanted to let you know. See ya.

Thanks everyone! I was just trying to introduce my self before Turbo went off on his rage…I try to take time to understand all sorts of games and try not to label them as “bad” just because i don’t understand them. I never said i was amazing at all fighting games… You are to quick to judge and i have no interest in meeting/ talking to you.

I’ll add everyone on Live once i get home! I hope to enjoy and learn allot from you guys!. Maybe I can teach you guys a thing or two! :smiley:

Try to understand, guys like me and turbo are still living in 1994 because of our refined taste in games.

We despise the new capcom games, and are ambivalent towards anything else frankly.

We’ve tried smash before but didn’t like it. Not as a tourney serious game anyway. Fuck by the time I first tried out Melee, I kept running off the platforms to my death.

If you have a pc you might want to try out Super Street Fighter II Turbo on ggpo.net. Yeah it looks old and has unforgiving stupid shit but if you can get past that rough shell, the fruit within is very sweet.

Yeah Turbo is a little weird.:rofl:

The best part is Dave and Chris have probably already met at the Melee Biweeklies at some point.

I’m not sure if a group of you guys all get together during the week. But if you do please let me know. I lived in Chatham before and no one plays anything there. Just a group of 4 of us that played but everyone else moved to London which made me very sad :frowning: AvariceX was one of them

Oh btw my name is Dave! The one Avarice was referring to

No one really gets together to play here anymore.

The problem is that there isn’t a community here. There’s about three people that I know of who still play somewhat regularly, and they’re the guys who almost never came out to casuals anyways.

Witness the new gen of fighting gamers.

They supposedly play on the regular, but don’t come out and won’t spend money on mm or tourneys.

Soft.

I’m a new gen fighting gamer, and I’ve been to a lot of tournaments and spent quite a bit of money. It’s just the rest of Windsor is lazy.

Your the 1%.

You Wallstreet fatcat you.

Ru-Fist, Janko doesn’t speak for everyone here so don’t worry what HE has to say. Everyone is not like him at all and alot of us don’t have the time and money to meet up each and EVERY week for casuals or go to tournaments that are 5 hours away for the most part. You should know that EVERYTHING these days are OVER EXPENSIVE especially GAS. Not everyone has the money to go everywhere just to prove to a bunch of losers that they are the best. Sorry not my style anymore. That is one of the reasons why I tell people play ONLINE. Since you guys keep saying over and over that online doesn’t matter, so why not play on it? It doesn’t prove anything anyways so how come we can’t play for the fun of it. Who gives a shit. I’ll go when I’ll go without somebody pushing me.

Smug people like Darren and Janko who have their heads up their asses don’t speak for anyone anymore. Their opinion don’t even matter. It’s up to us to stop the bullshit of who is better and just play for the fun of it and make good friends at the same time THAT’S WHAT THIS GAME IS “SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT!!!” Not to have fist fights and tantrums to see who is good. You guys are ALL ADULTS!! START ACTING LIKE IT!! Thank you.

Dude, you don’t even know the guy and you are assuming he is a douche right off the bat because of what you heard. Thats a great way to get him out. On top of that, Janko has worked his ass off at becoming a strong SF4 player despite having the disadvantage of being located in Windsor and deserves to have confidence in his game. He is probably a little cynical due to the fact that random players have come and gone so quickly in Windsor without any improvement and the players that were challenging them either moved away or currently stopped playing. Then one new guy comes into a thread and can’t understand why no one wants to meet up and play anymore since they have missed most of the SF4 lifespan in Windsor. Also comes in with the scrubbiest ideas of beating a player at Janko`s caliber despite having little SF experience. I smell another UberJohnson on the rise. Oh keep in mind Ru-Fist, maybe you are a nice guy, but associating with Uberjohnson may not be your smartest move when coming into the Canadian SF scene.

Hey UberJ, you coming to London soon?

I’m Janko btw. No idea where you’d hear that I’m “kind of an ass face” considering I almost never talk.

As for teaching people to be better, I gave up on it. No one takes my advice and they consider it as an insult that I’m giving them advice or something. The people who do take my advice still never improve because they don’t practice at all on their own time. I’m all for getting together and playing, and I’m still happy to help people if they ask, but I was just letting you know before you try and make some kind of scene here that there are few players here, and even fewer competitive players who wish to improve.