Wierd Glitch I found in MvC2: Commando's AA hits twice in a combo for 2x the damage?

Hahahaha DAMN

This probably explains why a stupid combo such as Morrigan/Tron-y

c.lk + assist, c.mk, qcf+P, qcf+PP does crazy damage.

But double rocket punch assist? Dear God.

I will test it one more time. In a bit.

Ok. I re-tested. This time I spent more time doing it and payed more attention to it. It seems like the hard drive is what registers the hit and not the assist. Although it seemed like the assist did since the assist was so close and sent was so far.

Anyways. The glitch does not work on the DC from the tests that I ran. Unless I’m doing something wrong, which if I am feel free to correct me. The easiest way to see how it does not work is by going in fly mode with sent, then fly over the opponent, call Cap, then do hard drive. It will be clearly obvious that the assist does not hit twice.

strange. i’ve gotten peeps who say they’ve pulled it off on the dc. but just to be sure, i’m gonna take the next chance i get to try it on DC or on arcade. i’ll keep you guys updated.

i cant get this shit to work on DC, blah. tries japanese version to see if theres any diff

someone try this with Rocket Punch assist on the DC. Maybe the timing with commando is different on DC, But all i know is that i got rocket punch and mag projectile confirmed for the DC.

does the glitch work with snapback? it has a pause type animation too.

In case anyone doesnt know, this does work on the ps2 version, so far i have
done the glitch with Sent and CapCom.

alright, it’s confirmed that this DOES work on arcade and DC. it’s just apparently a little more difficult because DC doesn’t run the same way as the xbox. But this DOES work.

The practical and maybe easier way to do it would be to try old Cable’s lk mk hk + capcom, ahvb… delay the time to call Capcom and you can probably kill anybody with 2 meters :slight_smile:

/me want to see the power of tron assist with this glitch!! :badboy: :badboy:

Wow That Is Cool!

And Gamefaqs got it first :slight_smile:

Perhaps i can solve the mystery to that:

HI2U COLLISION BOXES

You can clearly see mag air dashing right thru the middle of sent! Meaning when commando pushed Justin’s mag back, it did the same effect. Pretty shitty huh?

On a side note, here’s some clips i took of the PS2 version, showing how Mag-A and Sent-A work as well:

Magneto-a 2hit

Sent-a 2hit
Sent-a 2hit now with no filters!

Both are ultra shit quality, but you can somehow see both assists hit twice (check hit counter for mag, and damage for sent!), I included the sent one with no filters just for fun (i had to sharpen the image on the others :stuck_out_tongue: ).

So thats why sent/mag on assist does sooooo much freaking damage some time it hits twice !!

re: kuan talking about commando hitting his own team mate, when bill (deus) was in australia, in a match where the glitch happens where you both do super at the same time and that shit freezes for a while, later on in the match i got hit by my own psylocke. crazy shit

Speaking of weird assist shit.

Their was an insident where i was Strider with -of course- doom was my assist, with only 1 pixle of health left. Any way, my strider was at the top of dooms head and my opponent who was ironman managed to air throw me and Doom dies for some reason.

Another thing. I was using Sentinel, and my opponent was using Venom. Anyway, he did that venom qcfkk special at the same time i called Capcom. My Sentinel/capcom ate those black shit and venom ate a corridor, however he didn’t get stuffed. But that’s not the point.
Anyway, the black shit sends my sentinel to the corner and he fuckin disappears for a couple of seconds then reapears. WTF?

More random weird shit…

Remix1213 and I were playing marvel yesterday. He had MSS and I had thrax. Anyway, his magnus had me in the corner. I don’t remember what combo he was doing exactly but it ended in a throw.

Somehow the throw caused flying screen and magnus ended up throwing storm half way across the stage.

i’ve experienced throws causing FS in xvsf as well, vs. games are crazy

2nd one… Bug happens with things like anak’s worshiper, it (technically causes fsd) umm the guy who said im threw both of the characters. I think that was done like in Vol9!