Wierd Glitch I found in MvC2: Commando's AA hits twice in a combo for 2x the damage?

i was playing around with Cyke/Commando in training mode with one of my favorite combos:
df RK launcher, call commando, sj HK, XX MOB.

normally, this combo would do around 85 points of damage to magneto and storm. Suddenly, i started noticing at times it would do around 108 units. at first, i thought it had something to do with Cyke’s super hitting at different areas. But then i noticed that the extra damage was coming in after commando connected. I then realized that the damage from Commando’s AA was registering twice! :wow:

here’s how it works: right in the beginning frames when commando’s bolt hits them, you need to activate a super screen. commando’s first hit should register before the super activation screen, and the second one should register right after the super activation screen. i’m not sure about the specific timing. but i’m gonna see if i can make a video of this. if anyone would like to pitch in, see if you can get this to work with characters other than cyke, or see if it works with other aa’s as well.

also, i have the xbox version of mvc2. so i guess the first question is, is it going to work on dreamcast? it would also help if someone could look into that as well.

Edit:
I just played around with this a little more. And I made two more discoveries

1. It doesn’t have to be cyclops@ point
  2. the glitch also works with Magneto’s projectile assist. Same way.

Edit 2:
some guys on gamefaqs just confirmed it works with Psy AA and Sent projectile, meaning this’ll work with just about any assist. Eidrian has also posted a new link to the vid.

Ill try it out in a few

put the babies on her cheast like she breast feedin

i’ll try this shazzle when i get bizzack

a little update. it doesn’t have to be cyclops @ point. i just got it to work with ryu at point.

More Updates:
I just got the glitch to work with magneto projectile assist too.

vids plz plz plz

As if Commando wasnt assist wasnt gay enough.
If this works with Sent on point… goddamn I dont want to see a vid with some fast fly combos on it, cause it will make me cry.

Not to sound like a dumbass cause I don’t really follow MVC2 anymore but does anybody do this combo with Sent/Capcom AAA…

Launch, call Capcom, SJ (slight pause afterward), frying pan (knocks into AAA), Rocket Punch. It does a hefty amount of damage and seems more practical than a fast fly. But if I’m wrong let me know.

alright. just made a video of it. it’s low quality, but it’s the best i can do on short notice. i also don’t have any server space, so the best i can do is go to the limited space on homestead. this 10 second video shows it workin with commando, but me fucking up when doin it with magneto.

edit: vid taken down due to bandwith. check out ducky’s site.

I got server space. I mirrored it.

For a limited time only!
http://www.duckystyle.com/commando_glitch.wmv

Let me know if you make another vid and need some place to host it.

Since it works with any character on point and two wildly different one-hit projectile assists, I’d theorize that this glitch applies to all beam assists (maybe even all beams) which hit on multiple frames. An easy test: try it with Cable’s beam assist and see if it hits multiple times.

Damnit, you’re gonna make me connect the DC again.

Yep, the corridor hits twice, cause of the pause by the super animation i believe. Can u post a vid of the mag one plz, cause it looked like the second hit from the corridor came when they were real high in the air. If that is the case then i would assume the person who can take advantage of this the most is sent.

i’d do the magneto one, but i don’t have xbox access when i’m @ home.

Also with commando, it’s not because they’re high in the air. Height is negligible. I know this because I got it to work with a ground shinku hadoken combo. as of now, i’m assuming this glitch works with any move/assist that works as a projectile and not an extension of the character’s body. I don’t think cable’s beam assist is gonna be an effective move to test this on, because his hits multiple times already with each hit doing minimal damage. If i pull it off with him, chances are i’m only gonna get a few more pixels of damage. I’m gonna run a few more tests on sunday. until then, feel free to contribute any new discoveries with th is.

something similar to this but not really

i was playing with trinh one day…i was using row…and he was using scrub…i kinda forget what happened…but anyways what ended up happening was his commando assit hit his own character…and i wasnt high or anything…we actually have it on tape

it was pretty crazy
ive seen it happen 2 or 3 times before

this i gotta see. see if you can find a way to get it up

people people! i believe the real question here is:

Will this glitch be called, Emperor Kaising’s double registered hit ?

I think ive seen this a couple of times but I thought iI was dreaming…o__o

Haha, MvC2 is too nuts O_o Just when you think there’s nothing new to discover…

Here’s a mirror.

http://home.coqui.net/evilaro/eidrian/commando_glitch.wmv

damn anyone actually try to make this work in a fast fly and dhc to hail :xeye: