Why does Poison appeal to you as a player?

For me Poison was an easy choice because she fits my playstyle. I’m a longtime Guile player and feel like she resembles him a lot in terms of mechanics - Zoning, fundamentals, great normals, footsie tools, pokes, etc etc.

And then obviously the looks and controversy surrounding the character. I kinda like to go against the grain, using female characters, and things that are sometimes out of the norm, and I seem to be a bit of a masochist and always put myself in the mid to low tier intentionally (Although we have no idea yet how good or bad she may wind up being).

I’m really excited about coming back to Street Fighter. I played Vanilla a lot, but completely skipped Super and AE. Poison has a lot to do with that excitement.

YOU ALL DESCRIBED CHUN LI

They are similar, but more like alternatives to each other.

Chun:
-better normals
-charge character
-Hazanshu can be punished hard by focus, has an easier time going over fireballs
-has lightning legs
-can air throw
-j.HK has the same damage, stun and active frames, however comes out sooner (4 instead of 6)

Poison:
-better fireballs
-motion character
-Love me tender eats your focus, harder to time to go over fireballs
-has rekkas
-more damaging throws (both rely on throws slightly more than some other characters)
-j.HK has the same damage, stun and active frames, however hits upwards first
-can squeeze in extra damage out of AA fireballs

Chuns might want to store meter for Super, Poisons will most likely love to spam EX Aeolus Edge. Both have one Ultra used in combos, and one for specific situations.

Frankly, I wouldn’t be surprised if some Chuns eventually flocked to Poison. Since they might love the character and playstyle, but would rather not rely on charges.

Yeah. I play Chun and find them similar. It’s one of the sticking points. Also there’s plenty of stuff in there that doesn’t describe Chun Li. Unless Chun Li is a trashy, whip wielding pro wrestler with a backflip.

I think we all love them lady boys!

Ass.
Booty shorts.
And she’s pretty damn solid.

She was the most similar to my main, Juri. Also, that pirate outfit DLC is too good.

She has a versatile projectile, easy combos and some nice special moves. I have yet to figure out her footsies and proper normals, but I like her as a change-up character.

oh and dicks.

Her playstyle is diverse, plus I’m a big fan of Final Fight, so I’m glad so many characters from that are in Street Fighter.
And booty shorts.

• Liked her playstyle in SFxT, hated that she did 0 damage.
  • U2 (Which is turning out to be really, really bad but whatever people deserve to get kicked in the nuts still gonna get kicked in the nuts)
  • “Because i’m pumped to be able to play as a trans women in a fighting game.” (per Zixx)

Thot

Probably just a change of style. I’m usually a heavy grappler or slow hard hitting character player in a lot of fighters so while I’ll continue to use Gief (and T.Hawk with his lovely buffs) I’ll be playing Poison a lot now too. She’s not entirely a zoning character, not entirely a pressure character but she’s a mix of the two that I can get used to.

Also I want to try find some funny ways to land her Ultra 2 despite it’s piss poor range as a command grab because lol the damage and lol the kick in the nads/cooch.

As a character herself being the manager of Hugo/Andre (another cool grappler even if he’s not that great in game), rather strong character who doesn’t take any shit and her not being afraid to show off how she looks to others because she looks good ontop of being a bit different from other females with curves by not being born female originally.

Also her forward throw slaps are lulzy :V

• I like beautiful characters
  • She seems like a solid combination of Juri and Rose, both characters I like very much
  • She is easy to learn (good for me, I suck at execution)
  • Very good at zoning

I am happy with where Poison carried me yesterday when the game came out. Battling all the new players and the veterans trying out the new characters, I’m happy to share a memory that for once and only once in my fighting game career will I ever be in the Top 50 of a character. I have Poison to thank for that, and will always be happy to call her my main character. Hopefully with a bit more practice I won’t be as predictable as I am now though :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: My highest rank was actually #30, but I was too slow in taking a picture. I lost that match anyway and was pushed down to #32, so you didn’t miss much xD

Honestly, I’ve been interested since the reveal trailer for her. The play style just seems solid. Not fantastic in any one field, except maybe zoning and pokes, but still overall good. I’ve played DeeJay for a while now, so going to someone a bit more well equipped makes me feel so much better. I’d like her to be my main as I just have so much fun playing as her right now. Soooooo much fun.

I played Dee Jay for the last 6 months of AE 2012. I tried him (Dee Jay) and found that he was really bad. Played my friend in the morning before I left and I tried Decapre and Poison. I had more fun with Poison of the two and decided to stick with her. Its so nice to play a character with something as simple as an overhead as well as other tools. I’m going to main her, she’s fun.

Lol you sorry dj players

The joys of the early scramble for high ranking. I got to 7th with just over 500 points before I stopped on day one. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, but honestly I was surprised at how quickly I got to 1000 points. When I mained Adon it took me months, when I switched to Bison it took me about two weeks. And with Poison, took me like 3 hours. Will never be in the top 50 / top 100 ever again, but Im just happy that even for a brief time I was :slight_smile: (plus, surprises me that the top Poison player by Day 2 had 5000 points)

I’m playing her because she’s hella fun to play