Why does Poison appeal to you as a player?

Because Poison’s got all the moves.

No seriously, she has the tools. Rekka for hit confirm combo, fireball for zoning, DP (which also looks like it works in an anti crossup way which is good), comboable jaguar kick type thingy, comboable overhead, good buttons, especially for AA, decent backdash…what’s not to love?

I actually am not a fan of her character design so much; it’s just kinda too tacky for me, but everything else looks pretty neat.

I wanted Poison in SF since 3rd strike, wanted to see Capcom Allstars be released, it never happened. Was cool with her being in xT, unfortunately she wasn’t very good in said game. Looks like she’ll get a second lease on life by being ported to SF4…this is working out for her since she’s popular in the rankings even if it’s the initial months of the games release.

Short to say, Poison has a timeless design that people can easily flock to, and is(for better or worse) one of the more known characters in the franchise despite recently being playable.

^ Basically this is a roundabout way of me saying I feel in love with that booty since 3rd strike and I wont let it go.

From a character design pov i think she is fairly unique - doesn’t feel like a fighting game stereotype and adds diversity in her own way to the game. She is a little ‘trashy’ but her attitude is fun

Gameplay wise, she is very versatile. Her fireball looks like a great tool for zoning, or adding pressure with the hp version. Backflip and backdash wooh!

Overall she just seems really fun to play and I think she fits my playstyle.

Her sex appeal/design.
All of her moves except that SRK and her super. Me
She’s only the 2nd woman from the SF universe that piques my interest enough to play her on the reg.

I played her at UFGT all weekend so i played the final build. I did cr. fierce against yun’s dive kick one time and it got beat clean, so the active frames on that arent really great for dive kicks. Her shoryu isn’t a great get off me attack, does little damage, sort of resets the situation but its still highly against your favor especially if you’re in the corner.

Akuma can just air fireball Poison all day. Also far st. fierce cancel is beastly. And if you’re cornered? Lol, good luck.

Also forgot her ex rekka reset mixups don’t work on Akuma very well especially when she has trouble punishing teleports. Love me tender can’t reach, your only hope is using a fireball.

Speaking of that Akuma match up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqEusBfmzjc
@26:20

This doesn’t sound good. I get the impression that a lot of people will be playing her the first week and then dropping her because she’s mid to low tier. This is exactly what happened in SFxT.

Only time will really tell. There is alot we don’t know. Japan didn’t have a training mode so there is a lot of gray area to discover for all the characters, the new changes affect all 44 characters.

I can only assume that everything we seen from the Japanese footage isn’t complete and they are figuring things out as we are. In fact…they will be scoping out what we find in the next few days and test it in the arcade since they don’t have access to training mode until the 7th.

Like with any other character, unless they are top tier, only people who were invested in the character will keep playing her…so basically character loyalist. It happens with every character so…just expect people to come and go.

Because she was badass and annoying in Final Fight.

Because she is a true street fighter and if it wasn’t for the controversy bullshit, she would probably be the 1st female fighting character over Chun-Li but that’s neither here or there.

Because she is a wrestling manager and me being a fan of old school WWF wrestling, she is the closest thing to Sensational Queen Sherry which I love so that’s that.

Because she has Terry Bogard’s Rising Tackle and Crack Shoot. She also backflips.

Because she has one of the best VG bodies this side of Jill Valentine. Love those killer legs.

Bottom line, Poison is the shit.

Terry Bogard’s Rising Tackle is a inverse spinning Lariat(which is why it’s done with :p: instead of :k: ).

Appeals, eh?

-Has all the tools in the world to be reliable in a match, which makes her incredibly fun. Yes, some aren’t as good as we’d like, but you never go “Aww, I wish I had a DP/fireball/rekka/useful Ultra”. She’s got it all.
-For some reason, usually when I get someone cornered, blocking my blows as best they can, it is a source of frustration for me trying to open them up. With Poison, I find it extremely fun to do. So generally speaking, the playstyle is in tune with my preferences. First time it happened too. About bloody time.
-Despite being a game character, she simply looks too good to ignore that influence. She’s attractive as hell and the Poison/Hugo SFxT trailer made me fall in love on the spot. It’s months and years we spend watching our characters fight, so it might as well be something worth watching. And as if the looks weren’t enough, her moveset is very deliberate. And then the intro scene, the victory screen, the taunts, …
-All the hate and stupidity revolving around her gender actually drive me, as strange as that sounds. I’ll be there to piss them off, constantly remind them she’s part of the game, she’s comin’ and there’s nothing they can do about that. Expect a lot of salt mines emerging around the globe. With rich deposits.
-Japanese VA being none other than the voice of Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell. I love the series to death and beyond.
-When she got announced for USF4, I got myself a Sega Saturn emulator and played some arcade mode in Final Fight Revenge. Had to tame that hype, lol. Fun fact; the AI was so stupid you could just repeatedly “U2” it on wakeup. Day 1 tech, yo! ;D

Ghost in the Shell is a great show.

Two things:

1. Watch this: https://youtube.com/watch?v=3Lj-9npanOI
  2. The term “Tranny” is offensive.

Lol @ this thread

Rekka + Sonic Boom without charge command.

1. She was kinda fun in SFxTK
  2. Her normals were pretty solid too.
  3. Ass. Titties. Ass, Ass n Titties.

I just read #3 in Angry Joe’s voice when he sang that :I

I feel like she’ll be a character marked mid-low tier and everyone will run away but she’s actually near top tier in the long run. Other than that I use her because she’s I think the second female in sf with rekkas other than Karin so I want to use her lol.

Because she is a waifu… and nobody else in the game interests me.

She’ll actually be the first character I’m planning on sticking with during the entire duration of Ultra. I did more than my fair share of main hopping in AE, and I need some general consistency.

Also, dat ass.