Why does Poison appeal to you as a player?

Figured I’d open up the first discussion in the character thread, so here it is!

Why does Poison appeal to you as a player? Is it her playstyle? Her looks? The attitude she has during matches? Tell us why she’s going to be your main / alt character!

For me personally, I didn’t know much about her before Street Fighter x Tekken, but on playing it I was initially thrown off by her design. I stuck with a team I originally intended to use being Nina and King, but that quickly fell apart. About a month after launch, I played Poison properly for the first time and she just blew me away on how fun she ended up being. She was my main character for every team since. Poison/King, Poison/Ryu, Poison/Juri, Poison/Elisa and my main team for Online being Poison/Lars. Seeing her announced for Ultra made me instantly go “Maining her the moment I play that.”

Pink haired bombshell who kicked the competition in the balls and showed them who was the top lady.

Pretty much everything. I love the jack of all trades with an emphasis on zoning. I love the way the character acts. Her storyline and friendship with Hugo. I love Beat em up games and she’s in one of the best. I’m a fan of pro wrestling and it’s over the top cheesiness. Poison and Hugo are magnificent.

I feel she will cover Bison’s bad matches pretty well.

nice boobs…

She has a fireball and a rekka.

Her fireball looks crazy good and its gettin’ even better in the console version (1f less recovery).

Because i’m pumped to be able to play as a trans women in a fighting game.

feel like i can (in daigos words) “express myself” best with her playstyle. A nice mix of pressure and spacing/fundamentals. Plus fan service is always win

Final fight. I fell in love with the character design. I also thought the transgender aspect helped differentiate her and flesh out the character. Plus, she has a ton of tools…fireball,dp, rekka, command grab ultra, far reaching normals, command dash, etc.

She is exactly the type of character I like.

She’s a fierce female who wears high heels and carries a whip around with her.
Her playstyle is also appealing. She has a fireball, she can zone and pressure and she’s all about fundamentals.

That’s a good way to say it, yeah. While I’ll have to learn how to actually do pressure with her, the spacing and learning the fireballs and rekkas will be good. Just throwing on SFxT to play her again felt great, and forgot how great the H.Fireball + cr.HK was after a throw / hard knockdown. Definately feel like Poison allows me to play the way I want to without needing to commit to entirely zoning or entirely close-up pressure, and is just enjoyable to boot.

Wait, has it ever been 100% confirmed she’s a tranny? And if so, why does her being one pump you up?

I love my Final Fight characters…except Guy… Kappa

She never wasn’t a transgender.

Yeah in final fight manual she’s a new half. She’s very unique for a fighting game in that respect.

Her move set looks great, far mk, Aeolus edge, overhead etc she seems to have a solid set of normals. She’ll be the first new character I try.

As everyone else is stating. Her play style suits me too. I doubt I could play a character without solid normals/footsie tools. But she has tools to play more well rounded than that as well which should teach me how to actually pressure.

She has a whip and has rekkas…so that’s why I play her.

Dat Ass is why i play her

Because I hate myself and play mid tier garbage who gets blown up by someone like Akuma and Yun for free at high level play.

It’s about fundamentals.

We don’t know yet how she will play in this game and where she will rank. She may end up being top tier for all we know. If she does end up being low tier, then only the dedicated will stick with her like SFxT.

Glad to see so many of you attracted to transgender women. Have any of you actually been with one?

I live in South Africa, and it’s quite rare here to meet such beautiful trans girls.