Why does cross counter suck so much?

The thing about that is, in those situations where you ‘predict’ something and used cross counter to beat it, you couldve just done an uppercut for waaaay more damage.

haha you got banned then made a new account since you love attention. Good shit.

…meaty thunderbolt eats EX guy tatsu :smiley:

Smileymike said it best.

Unless it can safe jump 3-frame DPs, you can’t safe-jump Dudley’s super.

Sagat is 100% free on wakeup without super besides backdash and most of the cast can punish Sagat’s backdash on reaction. Dudley is less free on wakeup than Sagat. Nobody ever has super with Sagat so that doesn’t even really count.

Also lol at you acting like I don’t know Thunderbolt is invincible on startup. Oh, and you forgot backdash. That’s 2 things that beat a safe jump. You can’t OS his backdash without getting hit by EX Jet Upper, period.

I can safe jump Sagat’s TU fine. Safe jumping Chun’s EX SBK is a piece of cake. But I can’t safe jump EX Up Ball or EX Jet Upper. And I really doubt you can too. Also, different characters have different wakeup timings so it’s not “the exact same timing, every time.” Blanka for example wakes up more slowly. You can test this by doing Ryu’s easy mode safe jump (cr.hk, hold up forwards, j.hk). The jump-in will always whiff on Blanka. Honestly that easy mode setup is the only reliable way I would expect anyone but Daigo or Mago to safe jump 4 frames reliably.

I wasn’t insulting you by saying “you don’t play on a level where people reliably safe jump 4 frames.” I don’t play on that level either.

I don’t remember playing you at all. And two weeks ago my Dudley was terrible, now it’s only mediocre. But hey I’d be willing to play you again to give you a chance to shut me up. Send me a friend request and next time we’re both on we’ll play.

Cross Counter has always had startup activation before it worked. It was that way in 3s. You’re asking for Gouken’s counter but Dudley doesn’t need it, he has EX Jet Upper. It’s just not the way that the move was designed. Cross Counter is not intended as a reversal. Dudley has a 4 frame reversal for 1 bar. Deal with it.

Cross Counter will beat things you cannot EX Jet Upper, like viper’s flame kick/super jump j.hk or blanka’s j.mk crossup. Cross counter is good for crossups. That’s it.

You gotta watch out cross-countering the cross-ups because if they do it either deep or meaty, you’re going to get stuffed.

Yeah but in both those circumstances you can just reversal EX Jet Upper so it evens out.

Only good thing I got out of this thread, that’s a nice idea Im gonna use from now on .

i actually use short swing blow quite a bit - fading moves like that are basically my specialty from playing bowser in melee and landing fsmashes to dodge and punish all in one move - it’s even called the gimpyfish combo by the entire community :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: haha

i use it as an anti-air occasionally (only for flash though haha it’s super sexy) or after i wiff something like a light dp and they’re gonna walk up to punish - one of these is nice to punish their punish

you can also train people to try to break your grabs (although it’s true this doesn’t really work on people who option select grab nearly as well) then use one of these to catch them off guard, and at that point i’d normally ex it but not always

one little trick i was using (only rarely!) was when somebody is going to cross you up on your wake up (and on not-perfectly timed crossups) doing one of these babies actually pulls you towards midscreen and will come back at them while THEY are in the corner - if it hit’s you’re in a good position, if they block you can fdac if you want so you’re not in such a poor spot, and if they hit you you’ve generally moved far enough away that they link were going to try isn’t quite going to reach - character dependent and skill of other person dependent, but a lot of people have pre-programmed jump in combos in mind as soon as they jump and can’t adapt very well to your new distance.

I love that move - I sure do wish it had a little bit of invincibility though haha

So Cross Counter is only good against opponents who can’t punish whiffed DPs (and are apparently semi-conscious), opponents who don’t know how to safely tech throws with option selects and opponents who mistime their meaty jumps. You haven’t done a whole lot to convince me of anything with your post.

In his defense he is talking about backswing blow, but those situations aren’t good either as they won’t work on good competition and getting your wake-up moved stuffed and taking damage isn’t as good as just being able to block properly and wait for an opening.

when I play against characters that cross-up a lot, particularly t. hawk, and I try to do a cross counter motion, a lot of the times I end up doing a MGB then eat a throw or beefy combo. I’m sure this has something to do with the input motion reversing direction once the other guys crosses me up, so does that mean I have to input a MGB to get a CC to come out? Anyone else get this sometimes?

Input the motion earlier.

Like others have said jump back j.hp is good vs crossups if they get predictable. Cross Counter is the easiest answer. Dashing/ducking forwards requires good timing otherwise you eat a combo.

If you know he’s gonna jump after his string do a s.hp and the end of his string. I think will catch him?

The frame data posted in this forum is wrong, beyond wrong, more like pulled out of someones ass. Seriously, try it yourself. I’m not going through the trouble of posting a video for something everyone can do on their own time.

The frame data said Rocket Upper came out in 3 frames and Corkscrew cross in 8-9 right? What a joke.
Pick duds, ryu in training mode. Press record. Sweep dudley. Roundhouse safejump. Playback.

Try wakeup EX jet upper to make sure you did it right, it should be blocked (but dudley still gets hit if you do nothing). Now do reversal super, same thing happens. Now do reversal U2 and prepare to be amazed. Corkscrew cross comes out in 3 frames or less.

Have you tried punishing a blocked a dp with Ultra II? No way it connects not even with reversal timing.

Try recording for MORE THAN 1 SECOND.Because of the ultra flash being so long,if you just recorded jumping in an blocking 0.0001 seconds, the dummy wouln’t be block anymore, therefore he wouln’t block the ultra.It comes out in 8 frames.Super in 3.

Basically I’m saying that yes it’s decent-ish against bad players but just fun to land lol (about backswing blow) otherwis… not so much. XD

False, sorry. Do it yourself. Its easy.

Can’t you even tell from the fact that you can activate u2 in juggles when the dudes ass is scraping the ground and it still connects? Super obvious.

Wait what?

I said dp didn’t I? That’s what I get for doing stuff late. If Ultra II really is three frames or less, it reversal punishes Dudley’s blocked st. fierce which is -4 or Rog’s ex dashing overhead which is -5. I have not been able to do either of those period.

The SUPER is 3 frames.