Why do people hate Gill?

Ok, here’s the real skinny on Gill:

Yes, he’s there to show off the CPS3 hardware, but the proper side-switching is NOT a completely new spriteset.

It’s done, and actually this routine was implemented BECAUSE of Gill, by loading in TWO palette sets for each character, based on their side.

If you’ll look, though, the after-image in the High Jump is not affected, and on one side, you’ll actually see the colors reversed (best in NG/2I on the Dreamcast).

And to be honest, I kinda like Gill. Freaked me the fuck out when I first saw 'im in NG, but…

And yes, I’d really like to see, in a third CvS installment, Orochi (and their ‘Kings’) and Gill square off: One wants to save humanity, the other to destroy it. Could make for some good SvC-style conversations…

fixed.

honostly i can’t beat gill UNLESS he resurects idkwhy.

My matches with Gill are usually pretty one-sided. I usually get owned, or dominate the whole match. I thought the character design was all right, but I’d have given him trunks or something in lieu of the bikini briefs. That’s largely because I adhere to the one-bikini-brief-wearer-per-game rule.

[media=youtube]u42Ven1vaGU"[/media]

Stupid POPTART ‘Jesus’!

:sad:

Maybe people hate the whole ‘mulatto’ thing. we gots some heavy racists on SRK.

I remeber hearing that the word was derived from the word “Mule” (the sterile result of horse/donkey interbreeding). Guess which race got to be the donkey?

Maybe [media=youtube]e70Ge36Akq8&mode=user&search=[/media] help on the Gill thing.

its because hes both crip and blood and we know you cant be both :annoy: plus he wearin a thong while doin it

I dunno, I just remember a million different explainations of what that word meant, and all of them were hella offensive. Even on wikipedia.

That would be fucking sweet!:lovin:

Twelve + XCOPY = Easiest way to beat Gill IN THE GAME.

Gill sucks because he lacks character design.
Dictator was a much more stylish boss than Gill will ever be !

Here’s what I think happened:

Capcom Designer # 1: Hey guys, after several years of raking in the money from the SFII series, we’re finally making the highly anticipated SFIII now, what do you guys think we should have as the final boss?

Capcom Designer # 2: Let’s have someone cool !

Capcom Design Team: (all shouting and getting hyped) Hells Yeah Bitches !! dishes out Asahi Beers

Capcom Designer # 1: How about some guy in a thong !

Capcom Design Team: (still shouting and cheering) YEAHHHHH !!! drinks to that

Capcom Designer # 2: Let’s make him half red and half blue !

Capcom Designer # 3: Oh ! and wavy hair !

Capcom Manager: You guys are BEASTLY !! I approve ! gets drunk

… yeah , something like that.

I doubt the meeting for Bison was much better.

“Shit, the deadline’s comin’ up and we don’t have a boss? What do we do?”

“Why don’t we just make the boss Chairman Mao? He was a pretty nasty guy.”

“BRILLIANT!”

Or lets make the Boss Bison a Cheap Nazi Hitler imiation lol.

TRUTH!

Uh, have you ever been angel wing supered? That will make you hate fighting gill…

Alex isn’t bad for a main character, he is different from the usual stock and his only flaw is that he doesn’t have a strong enough personality and a reused storyline based around an American looking for revenge.

The Geegus comparison is almost spot on, since he was the original fighting ‘Jesus’ knock off. Sure he looks nothing like Jesus, but he looks a lot like Silver Surfer, who has been shown as a Christ figure before.

Also Gill kicks ass or at least my own.

I dunno, but when I finally got around to unlocking Gill last night (I haven’t got a stick, and playing on controller=joke for me) I played him through the game and it was hella fucking fun! Sometimes in an SNK game I just enjoy taking the boss and raping, never in a SF game could I do that before. (CVS2 secret bosses were crippled lifewise, Gill is just stupidity) He’s like Minion in Twisted Metal. Makes things way too easy, but a complete guilty pleasure. 4 hit stun combos are ridiculous.

Anyway I hate Gill as a character, but sometimes all it does is make you want to beat him… that’s the point of a boss, to fucking frustrate the shit out of you. Beating SMB3 was a huge disappointment, Bowser is way too fucking easy. When I beat Gill it’s like “Holy shit, finally.”