Why do people hate Gill?

Because he has a hard time eating icecream.

I was watching a History channel special on secret societies, and it said that the Illuminati is part of a triad of societies one of them is associated with the Skull and Bones. One of its members is George W. Bush, which means Gills a repulician, and I’m a flaming liberial.

Fuck you Limbaugh!

yah, my ken/chun/ryu can destroy him second/third try…but my dudz/makoto/yun can t take him down

yeah,seraphic wing can be red parried iirc but the initial rainbow wave can’t be parried

Gill can actually be quite easy even on 8 stars. All you really need to know is his patterns and you’ll soon find yourself hoping he’ll do resurrection just for a challenge. He’s stupid predictable and it’s not even funny. With timing, Seraphic Wing is stoppable, Resurrection is stopabble and he usually does the Meteor Shower only when he’s close to you, making it stoppable via kara throw or random poke. If you know what to do you can easily rape Gill with Sean.

I demand proof

i’ve never done it but the info was in the anniversary collection book…I’d like to see it myself

Can’t be parried.

As for the still frame-It’s possible for Gill to do Pyrokinesis and cancel it into Sepharic Wing. With timing it can look as if you’re parrying the RAINBOW JESUS LIGHTSHOW and not the fireball.

Gill is badass for having the best taunt in the game.

just read the guide ection…says you can’t parry it.

having crazy hallucinations @_@

And how exactly did they achieve that?

Lol technically in their POV that was their way of showing off the CPS3 having him look different based on what side he was facing and his moves being based on that etc.

because his sprite doesn’t simply ‘flip’ like it does in other games. Red and Blue stays on the correct side whether he is P1 or P2

Do you work for Capcom, Geese? I’m interested to know how you’ve acquired Capcom’s point of view.

And, do you really think that that feature of Gill’s really serves to demonstrate CPS3’s alleged power? I guess what I’m really getting at is, couldn’t such a feature be easily created with CPS2?

and no, it couldn’t be done on CPS2.

Can I have the source of your quote please, R o c k L e e?

Oh no MiddleKick I don’t work for Capcom believe me, if there is a company I would much rather work for its SNK!!! :china:

I actually liked the Mediterranean Sea level and was thinking that Gill was Jesus in SF3 NG so I did a helluva lot of research into it and with people that I know that know people etc and this is the stuff I came up with. Jesus Incarnate was just really a boss that was made to show off the CPS3’s power.

And yes in the early days they said Gill would’ve fit better in a Darkstalkers game than SF3 lol.

I think Gill’s design rocks. The whole walking up to challenge him intro is powerrad. His third strike voice owns and his supers are crazy cheap.

Though the thought of someone melting their clothes off before kicking my ass is a bit suspect.

Gill is my homeboy.

Tiamat’s plot guide on gfaqs (you can’t direct link =/)

I find Gill really fuckin’ hard, like CotA Magneto hard.

Pressure Gill and he’ll counter you to death.
Turtle and he’ll pressure you and grab you.

He hits hard, takes little damage, has a huge stun meter, and seems to KNOW when you’re trying to bait him to do a super so you can off him w/o resurrection messing shit up.

Resurrection pushes you away and always guarantees Gill at least a little life, or a whole bar if you fuck up? GTFO of here with that shit. If I ever miss hitting him out of Resurrection I might as well kiss my ass goodbye, since I’ve already taken a ton of damage just depleting his FIRST fucking bar.

… Seraphic Wing is unparryable. Thanks, Capcom. :sad:

NINJA EDIT -

From a design standpoint, Gill is a really cool character. Check out Yun’s 3S ending; Gill straddles the line between savior and monster quite nicely. Visually, ignoring the fact that he’s pretty much naked, he looks really freakin’ sweet.