Where would dante rank in the darkstalkers

I dont know if he’s supposed to be powerful. He’s really just kinda a Neo Human, but he’s really not all that diffrient from a normal human. He’s also the only MegaMan thats human.

His creator was a god that created a world, and life, but I dont think Capcom would classify him as “thee” God.

The best comparision the the Legends MM would be that of Adam.

The 2nd one was meant to have a more deeper, longer, and more epic storyline compared to the first, with alot of biblical insperation thrown in, which is very common when it comes to Japanese cartoons like Evangelion and games like Xenosaga.

Well, honestly neither of the MML games did well, but that was probaly due to poor timing, ie if Capcom had just waited a few years and done the MML games on the next gen consoles, it more then likely could’ve done very well, specialy on the Gamecube, as that would be a very easy console to market it for. Plus the graphics would’ve had a perfected look, ie its all pixelated on the PS1 (and the PS2s 128 resolution dosnt really make a noticable diffrience when the MML games are played in 128 resolution) but if the games were specificly made for the next gen consoles it would’ve been perfect since they would’ve looked really great and when of been the perfect time to introduce a new MM, since a new generation of consoles were being introduced to a new generation of gamers.

At this point its iffy if there will be a 3rd game, as the first two didnt do well, and the creator of all the MM series said he was busy with the X and Battle Network series currently, so its hard to find anytime to try and work on a MML3. It does seem like the X series will probaly end soon, and I’ve heard rumors that once it does we might just see MML3 or an all new MM series. Expect an all new series before/over MML3 though.

Power Tier

So does this mean that the Mega Man Legends hero is weaker then the other three Megamans?

{ um… Network battle, X , and original ?} I’m guessing X is the strongest.

Sagatryu:

I would also put the Clock Tower people here.

Then some of the original Megaman badguys that Dr. Wily made: Broom man , brick man , cat man , etc
http://www.planet-megaman.com/

I doubt Dante could beat Donovan actually. That boy gets pretty focused. and chills in a spikey coffin.

And Jedah weaker than a main character? I mean…is that really possible? Same with Pyron… I mean, sure they “lose” to them, but they are always holding back.

Sidenote; Vergil is a BASTARD on mission 20! I mean DAMN!

And yes, RE characters are period junk bottom ass tier.

Well the Legends MM could probaly easily beat the classic one, given that the MML armor, tech, etc, is more advanced then his, and plus unless upgraded the classic MM’s mindframe is set to that of what his age is supposed to be (young)

X could probaly beat the Legends one pretty easily though.

But of all the main chars Zero is probaly the toughest. He wiped out and killed everyone from the classic MM series, which is something that be cool to see, but probaly one of the reasons there will never be a MM9 (plus the events between MM8 and MMX can somewhat be pieced together anyway)

They’re just evenly matched. They’re the same type of character after all. Just like D from Vampire Hunter D, or Alucard from Castlevania, they’re all the same god-like half breeds.

If Dante and Donovan actually fought though, I imagine Dante would just get bored with the fight (with it being even it just go nowhere) and just walk away.

Well here’s the thing when it comes to bosses. Yeah they’re always powerful, but of course that dosnt mean they can be beaten, I mean after all, the Ghostbusters beat a god once.

Now the worst part when it comes to bosses, is going too far with them too early, ie if you make the final boss in one game a god, then what the hell do you do next? I mean you really cant go anywhere after that, cause no matter what the next boss is either going to be a downgrade to that boss, or another god, or that same boss again, ie they basicly screw themselves when they do that.

The FF/KOF series has probaly had it the worst going back and fourth between normal (or enhanced) humans and gods.

As far as Donovan goes, his worse enemy is himself. He gives into his dark side and becomes a full vampire and kills again, refer to his Night Warriors ending, you can see his future when Anita is older. His own ending doesn’t bode good things for the guy, once again that unofficial Anime is brainwashing people into thinking he overcomes his darkness. No, he looses out in the end. In a long strung out fight against Dante, he would once again give into his dark side, and that’s where he’d loose control giving Dante a win who never looses his cool even when he transforms. And there is an incredibly good cahnce Demitri kicked his Ass in Darkstalkers 1. While Mangas are not official, there is one where Demitri beats the tar out of the guy, and we do know that Demitri was officially the one to defeat Pyron and not Donovan like that brainwashing Anime showed.

Capcom doesn’t say who defeated Jedah in Vampire Savior. Most of the time it takes a sequel to answer what happened in the previous game when it comes to fighters. My own personal theory is that he was bested by Morrigan once she recombined with Lilith. Saiki, writer of the DS Plot Guide at Gamefaqs made a Darkstalkers power tier of the strongest DS characters list some time ago, he placed Morrigan fused with Lilith above Jedah (or the same tier, I forget) some time ago. She’s really the only one in the game strong enough to defeat Jedah, combined with Lilith that is. However, according to AAC Jedah is still moving ahead with his plans and the only one who could stop him is Anita when she fully awakens, she hasn’t yet. Saiki placed Anita above everyone in his power tier list. Remember, we are talking game characters and not upper class Makai people we only hear about. Anyway as I see it, Morrigan defeated Jedah and halted his plans, (when you beat Jedah the fetus bears explosions but you don’t ever see the fetus die or blow to smithereens, this is enough to halt Jedah’s plan) next Morrigan fought Demitri but didn’t go all out, faked him out with a statue of herself as a copy and fled. Then her ending happens. This way almost every character’s ending in the game can occur except for Queen Bee’s as she doesn’t defeat Jedah and Lilith’s, since Morrigan prolly takes out Lilith and not the other way around. (They still combine though. Capcom confirms that the two did combine.) But that’s my Vampire Savior theory anyway since Capcom doesn’t say who bested Jedah.

A; What makes Dante stronger than Vergil?
B; Did Demitri beat vamped out Donovan?
C; In that case are succubi top tier? Or is her full self just a fluke?
D; What is Anita?
E; (eh, I probably need to play DMC2 to figure out what Dante’s latest power level is comparable to)
F; I don’t go by the anime, I go by the character design and that Donovan is (like TAS said) an angsty version of Dante. I know in one of the DS endings Donovan loses control, but is that in the latest DS game?
G; This may be favoritism playing out, but Jedah’s plans being messed up do not determine his power level. For example;

Boss; “Haha, I am already a God, but to become a bigger one I need this item to not break.”

Hero; “I get beat up by you, but still manage to damage that item you need to become even stronger.”

“Argh, faggoted. Oh well, I have no reason to keep fighting. Since I’m so big-picture evil, I’ll let you live and plot for another day…tra lala…”

Only…not as ghey.

A. It’s his game… (I’m not very far in DMC3 too busy with DS on the PSP oooh…)

B. Officially we don’t know if he defeated vamped out Donovan, oOnovan only has a few moves were he vamps out or a super art or something like that. There’s no real evidence that Donovan becomes more powerful by a lot when he vamps out. He is still one of the strongest game characters in DS.

C. Succubi are not top tier. When Morrigan was born her father Belail feared she would become too powerful so he removed two parts of her soul at birth. One part was Lilith. Later she got back Lilith. She still has never gotten back her third part. You can see all of this in Udon’s Summer Special comic except for the part about Morrigan’s third part. Might as well since chances for another DS game are iffy so Morrigan will prolly never get that part back, better to just leave it out for the comic’s sake. Anyway, regular Morrigan is weaker than Demitri and Pyron. You can also see how strong she is with Lilith back in the Summer Special, that’s how strong she is now but she prolly doesn’t go all out 100%. Morrigan’s not so much about defeating everybody, more about having a good time. That’s why I think she held back against Demitri and fled, keeping her eternal rival around so he can one day be stronger and challenge her again.

D. No one really knows other than being a powerful human. For the most part it’s just Capcom’s word that she’s as strong as she is, we really hasn’t done anything in the games other than being the only one Jedah fears.

E. Yeah. Well, since not too many people don’t like the game (I find it OK myself, I welcome an easy game now and then) all you have to know is Dante kicks everyone’s Ass without breaking a sweat. I don’t want to suggest you go buy it, if you have a free weekend you can beat it with Dante on a rental, it’s that easy.

F. It’s in the first game he appeared. He and Anita were supposed to appear in the first Vampire Savior, Donovan as a full Vampire and Anita being older. Both ideas where scrapped. By the time he did finally show up in the game’s revision, his ending really doesn’t show anything, makes it look like he’s an Easter Egg like Pyron, who shouldn’t be in any more games since he’s dead.

G. Again, no one knows officially what happened in Vampire Savior. All we know is that A) Morrigan combined with Lilith and B) Jedah is still plotting.

A; Invalid. I mean, he wins, but that does not make him stronger.
B; Assuming it’s Capcom’s universe, he probably gets notably stronger. But there is no reason to even form an opinion with any backing.
C; A fluke then.
D; I hate deus ex machina.
E; Feh, isn’t that how all main characters in actions and fighters are. No matter how hard it was, when it’s all said and done it was no problem.
F; Wait so the first game came last in the story? And Pyron’s dead? I didn’t know energy could die.
G; Refer to B.

Footnote; It’s odd how you said discussing a fighting game’s story is…like being a retarded race. That really is a case by case statement. Actually…the only game that blatantly doesn’t try is SF.

You Obvious Haven’t Play enough fighting games Here’s a list of Fighting games Don’t even try.

1 Bushido Blade

2 Dead or Alive

3 Galaxy Fight

4 Kakuto Chojin

5 Kizuna Encounter

6 Savage Reign

7 Mace

8 Tao Feng

9 World Heroes

10 Karnov’s revenge

11 Fighter’s History Dynamite

12 Virtua Fighter

13 Street Fighter ( the offical storyline only) minus Udon’s version.

After all Udon turn Ryu From mr. no personality into that of a character with real motivations and convictions.

http://www.devilsdue.net/5pagers/sf13/index.html

http://www.devilsdue.net/5pagers/streetfighter14/pages/streetfighter_14_01.htm

You may have taken said quote out of context. When I said it I was referring to arguing ‘which fighting game has a better storyline.’ and I didn’t say ‘discussing’, I said ‘arguing.’ No fighters have great storylines. Some are good, some are non exostent, none are great. They are all rather simplistic when compared to RPGs or many action games. Do you look for deeper meaning or something that will change the outlook of your life while watching Dragon Ball Z or Fist of the North Star? No, that’s Evangelion. Fighters are for fighting, and to be honest most people that are into fighting games don’t give two craps about the story, hence like Sagatryu pointed out in the other thread, MVC2’s popularity.

The first game Donovan appeared in showed the future, Donovan’s ending when Anita was older. I kind of doubt he was involved in Vampire Savior at all, his appearance in the revision seems easter eggy.

Demitri killed Pyron. He absorbed and drank him.

Curious. Have you read the Plot Canon Guides for Darkstalkers and Street Fighter? They would answer a lot of your questions.

You know GGX might be the only fighting game that actually has a decent plot currently, more games should feature the “story mode” GGXX had.

SR; Ok, more than SF has a lame storyline. I agree.

Read? As in long spurts of text in one sitting? Such ideas scare me. I need pictures or my childlike attention span gets bored with it.

Edit; When is the comic set? Pre or post 2? I’m guessing pre which makes me sad since this means Sakura (and no Makoto or Sean or Elena or Ibuki) time. But hey, atleast I have the SLIM chance of seeing R. Mika.

morrigan aroused if she gets beaten …alot …

Heh, heh. I find it amusing and ironic at the same time that you seem to care this much about storyline and don’t want to read. Look at it this way, you’ve read through my long posts that featured no artwork minus an avatar, I think you enjoy reading more than you let on. :smile:

The comic takes place pre SF2, but they eventually plan to get all the way up to SF3 but it’s going to take a while. R.Mika appeared in the back up story of last issue.

Just in case you change your mind, the DS Faq is pretty short. You can read the entire thing in under an hour.

http://kattuggla.oru.se/dmd01/dm0103/test/faqs/darkstalkers_plot.txt

And here’s the Street Fighter one, click on ‘Street Fighter Plot Guide.’ It may lead you to think SF’s story is not as lame as you think, it maybe not but oh well. I really love SF’s story myself as one of the SF Plot guide contributors but to each his own. I think there’s a fighting game story out there for everybody. Insert happy little rainbow here, LOL!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/recognition/13990.html

Most all fighting games either have a lackluster story or even if the story is good the game dosnt play it out much.

The only fighting games that I know of where the story is good and handled well through playing the game are the Rival Schools games and Def Jam Fight 4 NY. Those were the only fighters I ever saw where the companies/teams put actual effort into having the story play out. Bushido Blade 2 also did a pretty good job too, I almost forgot about it.

I gotta comment on this since I’m currently deep into Devil May Cry 3…

Dante could reverse-cluster-fuck every DS character, ever. :]

I guess techncially he would have issues with Pyron, but I bet he could even beat him, eventually. Dante is just TOO SICK.

Dimitri would try to Midnight Pleasure his ass-- Dante would pre-empt him, shoot him in the knees, and then bite into Dimitri’s neck, ripping out his throat.

Felicia would try to scratch him-- Dante would take out his giant sword and cut her into 6 pieces.

BB Hood would make the mistake of trying to match Dante’s firepower-- Dante would show that little scrap what it means to be truly packin’. After he’s done maiming her, he goes after “the hunter” and all his friends, too.

Donovan would feel pretty confident with his demonic sword, he swings it at Dante-- Dante catches it in his ASS CHEEKS and BENDS IT IN HALF, turns around and bitch-slaps Donovan to DEATH.

Morrigan… For the first time in her life, she would be seduced by her PREY. Dante would win her over instantly by offering her pizza and liquor. He’d shag her to dust and be done with it.

It goes on and on…

Now, please understand that I am both a huge DS AND DMC fan… but as far as single-character severity goes, there is not one character in DS who I believe could truly stand up to Dante on their own. Maybe a group battle could best Dante… but we all know how un-cooperative those Darkstalkers are. And even if they DID fight him in packs-- I’m STILL holding out for Dante to be the winner. He is just way too savage to be stopped.

Amd there you go. :tup:

Rey, seriously draw that out like a little Cheap Shots comic or something, it might have to be two pages instead of one though, but it still be funny and cool as hell to see (you might have to throw some “censored” bars over the last part though)

And Rey reminded me of something, Dante’s power level (or whatever) shouldnt be judged by DMC2 just because thats the last game chronologicaly, ie got ALOT of new abilites in DMC3, simply because it was the 3rd game, and the fact that it was a prequel was irrelivant to the actual gameplay, ie within the canon of DMC’s story Dante can do anything he does in DMC3 in the time period of DMC or DMC2, so considering they only keep making him more powerful with each game, I seriously doubt that Capcom would let Dante lose in a fight with any of their other characters given he’s currently there most popular character aside from probaly the most current MegaMan.