Welcome to the NEW SRK!

lol i’ve been a member since 2005. This is a new name. The only thing thats ugly about this software are the modal windows, buttons, and generic theme. The sofware itself is not ugly when deployed properly. its a fuckton sexier, even in its current state, than vbulletin ever could be.

I also know a thing or two about the web and application design… but thats neither here nor there.

not for me…

The same here could be said for SMF in that it’s lightning fast and has themes that can make great use of screen space but still manage to look presentable (the current XenForo default still looks like a really bad Microsoft Word document to me). They’re also both really extensible and easy to use; all important information is presented up front, none of this fancy web 2.0 hover/hide-away bullshit. I would take either over XenForo any day.

Can we still ignore people? People that I have put on the ignore list is not visible to me.

-Need stream list back
-Need option to edit comment on the article front page

The rest of the new stuff is good.

this new forum software is total ass. the main page looks good though, the “main feature article” box at the top isn’t nearly as big whic his good compared to the old layout.

but the forum software … don’t even know where to start with how horrible it is.

The new layout makes a lot more sense, everything is right up front instead of having to click and scroll all the time to access character subforums and such. Neat.

Aye … not liking the forums. I feel that posts are harder to be distinguished from one another, not digging the font either, it’s not something I want to read for awhile on. The AV of the OP for each thread on the forums has DEFINITELY got to go, it makes a forum page looks so messy & ugly, even if all their avatars are beautiful, it’s still a mess.

I thought the previous forums were perfectly fine.

The stream list is back. It’s different now.

My suggestions about cosmetic changes

1. The font. Any chance it can return to the one that was before the upgrade? (I think it was Arial or Microsoft Sans). It’s even more annoying when quoted
  2. The avatars. Any chance to make them at least 100 x 100 max size?
  3. Front page looks fine, but why the images per post style is changed? I prefer the previous style where you saw a larger pic and usually from the movie itself etc.
  4. I have no idea if it’s even possible… But could the username and title switch places with the avatars? (Username+title up, avatar down)
  5. Not too much bothered about it but the avatars shown in the forum page are unnecessary imo
  6. The date under a new thread title is unreadable, any chance to change it to another color?

Just my 2 cents. Congrats on the new SRK

Tapatalk still aint workin for SRK.

Or is it just me?

edit:
Got it to work! Gotta search for SRK again and log in again, then you can just delete the old button.
yay!
Change is good.

I wish I had more time to elaborate but this new layout is awesome. Anyone who does not appreciate this is a jackass ;). Everything is just soooooooooooooooo much better.

Sorry, about that i set my text to orange, but somehow it came out gray? Whatever the white text doesn’t hurt my eyes as much anymore.

I think the size it has now it’s because of gravatar, which resizes the images you give to it in 2 sizes. One is used for the user profile image, one is used for the avatar.

Please no. That kind of setup was very good with vb, but it will really suck with this forum and this theme.

The issue of the white box with white text in the dark theme when clicking the reply box still persists:
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/2824/whiteonwhite.th.jpg

So I noticed that the short hand for all of the Light Punch, Triple Punch, Coffee, Forward, Down, etc no longer function the same way.
Ive spent some time searching the thread trying to find the new list of shorthands but I cannot find them.

Can someone point me in the right direction.
or let me know if we are just supposed to use 123ABC format.

Either way I need to re-write the Wolvie combo thread and Im hoping we have shorthands still

Will any of the old BBCode come back into use? I have a master-guide set up in the Fei forum that was designed based on that. Most of the links, etc. are not usable in their current state. Some of our older topics also made heavy use of the attack button smilies and now look ugly. If they don’t come back it’s a serious load of work to re-do it…

The new SRK is dope!

The OLD SRK forums used to crash my Steam Overlay Browser, so if this one doesn’t do it and is mroe stable, it will already be 90000x better! I also have to say that having links to all separate characters in a fighting game sub-forum, was a brilliant decision. Can’t tell you how annoyed I was having to scroll nearly all the way to the bottom of a page just to see the “normal” threads. So the jury is still out but I’m liking what I’m seeing so far :slight_smile:

Had to get to the forums manually with 74.122.122.198, shoryuken.com is still taking me to 204.93.137.46.

shoutouts to slow DNS server updates.

Not sure what the point of giving us 192x192 avatars is if they get resized to 96x96 anyway.

I love it for the most part, it’s a lot less bloated. I particularly like the comment system on articles, now that replies are right under the comment they’re in reference to.

What’s with the user IDs now, is it me or are they all way lower? Were a bunch of inactive accounts deleted or something? It’s not really a big deal, I’m just curious.