Welcome to the NEW SRK!

I just finished programming the “Upcoming Streams” block on the front of SRK… its back up and running.

I’m guessing since this is also the forums that 8WR updated to, Jaxel, that you’re working on re-implementing the media section as well?

Don’t like the forums. Doesn’t feel clean. Loads a lot faster though. Trade off is worth it I suppose.

And this font works for blogs, not forums.

I’ll handle the TNR font. I’m happy that SRK loads faster and doesn’t bog down my browser. vB was notorious for the latter.

Which is weird because any of the other vBulletin forums I frequent don’t suffer anywhere near the same amount of loading this one had.

The faster loading is a definite plus though. It was the most needed thing, definitely, so they get points for this shit.

Edit: Also, the alert tab is a nice touch. And I like the edit feature. Okay, you’ve brainwashed me, I’m on board.

I said it once before that I really like the alerts. Makes it easier to know when I need to look at a certain thread. Easier to check subscriptions, know when someone responded to me, etc. etc.

Now if only it updated real time like Facebook instead of every refresh, then we’d be set.

I think they’re on the expensive side to run but Lithium forums were always my favorite.

:eek: Just putting this up for anybody who may know what the deal is.

Unless I am -completely- blind, it seems the ability to edit thread titles for the authors of threads has disappeared.

Hopefully this is an oversight and not a useful ability being thrown away.

Really clean looking and really FAST! love it! Thank you to everyone involved, Appreciate it very much!

So I say the new SRK is fucking ugly (since it is, indeed, fucking ugly), then some idiot responds by saying that I don’t know what I’m talking about, then that same idiot goes on to say that the new site is ugly.

That person’s join date is in 2010.

Goddamn it, why do I even fucking post here anymore.

Never tried them. This is still a step up from vBulletin, and definitely not a downgrade, such as going from vBulletin to Snitz Forums.

My top 3 on forum software is like this:

Invision
XenForo
vBulletin.

This being out of all the stuff I’ve used.

My list would be.
[LIST=1]
[]vBulletin.
[
]Xenforo
[*][LEFT]PHPBB[/LEFT]
[/LIST]
Invision Power Board is worst of all. Anyways, lets not get off topic :stuck_out_tongue:

these new forums are a mess visually

If everyone can refrain from using bright colored text the new SRK isn’t so bad, but we need spoiler tags and lp, lk, mp, mk, hp, hk, and etc Emoticons back because the Adon threads(and probably many more) look horrible.

Please remove the bright blue header on the black theme. It’s called black for a reason. Keep it that way.

Which is exactly the reason it was so easy and familiar to use…

Also, is it possible to have the button with the tags without WYSIWYG? WYSIWYG is really really annoying for people like me who are used to the bbcode.

Mine:

1. PhpBB3. It’s the fastest I’ve ever used, and with the right theme has a godlike space use. Doesn’t waste even a pixel.
  2. vBulletin. Heavy, sometimes too heavy, but with very good ucp, interesting mcp and acp division, and a very good acp (even if it misses quite a few very useful things that phpbb has).
  3. IPB. It sucks on the admin side and has some problems on the user side, but it’s the most aesthetically pleasing I’ve ever used.

Funny, because I can hardly read your text here on the dark theme. How about refraining from using colored text altogether.

when I don’t have anyway to tell a new post was made in a subforum but by comapring the date and time, I’m pretty sure I won’t come back on the long run. I really hope there will be a sort of indicator - like in the old version [thick blue text title].

The nickname of the poster on the right is blue when the topic contains unread replies.

Anyway, I’m noticing the problem of invisibility of text in the quick reply of the black theme wasn’t fixed yet…