Welcome to the NEW SRK!

Things that are missing now (stream listing, videos) should be back eventually, its just broken atm.

boom, found this goodie. wordpress techs may be able to wrap this into a bbcode and spoilers have returned…maybe?

<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom: 2px;">
<b>Spoiler!</b> <input value="Show" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; width: 45px; font-size: 10px;" onclick="if(this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != 'inline')
{ this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'inline'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; }
else
{ this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value='Show'; }" type="button">
</div>
<div class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset; padding: 6px;">
<div class="spoiler" style="display: none;">{param}</div>
</div>
</div>

EDIT: Alright I got it to work by just inserting the html into a wordpress posting. No access to a wordpress backend at the moment so i can’t test out the custom bbcode.
http://www.vbulletin-faq.com/forum/showthread.php?7403-BB-Code-Spoiler-Tag

I’m liking the new site I have one criticism though, the lack of options to change the post count per page. After reading around apparantly it’s an admin setting that is global. I find this abit silly personally as having 20 posts per page takes forever to read, just imo ofcourse. Anyone know of a way to get around it at all?

EDIT: Also I’ve decided the default font in threads is pretty horific aswell. WTB verdana or something?

Please add restrictions to images in signatures

I’m seeing it within threads themselves but not outside said threads…

Yeah I just deleted that post because I saw it inside the thread right after. Still not outside which is way more convenient. (Unread post button).

Actually I see it outside the threads now. Definitely wasn’t there before, but gj implementing it SRK.

Loving the new upgrade so far. Great work.

Oh we get images now. Might make an MVC3 team sig, so tempting.

Oh god please no images or code of any kind in signatures. This place is gonna look like a teenage photoshop disaster with rainbow text and shit. Let’s keep it classy with plain text.

I did find the dark theme though and the forum looks ok now.
I still want a return of the old blue theme, Blue Steel or whatever it was called. It was just right.

Incoming bombardment of the eyes. :wink:

R|C They know about the issue and they’re working on it. In the meantime, remove that shit, it’s just obnoxious.

Edit: IMAGES IN SIGS ARE GOING AWAY. DON’T BOTHER MAKING ONE.

• Don’t allow images in signatures. It looks dumb as fuck and clutters threads. I don’t know if there’s an option to hide them or not, but even if there is it makes the site look less professional.
  • I don’t like that I can’t get to my control panel/subscribed threads from the home page. I have to go into the forums first.
  • Being able to collapse the sub-forum sections when browsing would be nice. I don’t really need every MK9 character listed on the forum main page when I don’t even play it.
  • Not showing the page numbers until scrolling over is clunky and unnecessary.

Like I already said: disable the showing of signatures and you’re set. I think the best course of action would be simply put showing signatures on disabled by default. People who want to see them can enable them from the cp, while everyone else won’t be annoyed by them in the threads but will be able to see them in the users’ profile. :slight_smile:

Seriously where are the stream links now? All weekend I was just hoping SRK would come back up soon so I have quick access to streams again…now I don’t even see them.

edit: Nevermind I suck at reading. Just saw Wizard’s post at the top of this page.

Small thing:
Can we get a different default font? Something without serifs? It’s minor I know, but it makes reading content easier.

XenForo is so badly designed it’s not even funny.

Do everybody a favor and get rid of it.

http://www.simplemachines.org/
(You’re welcome.)

EDIT: If this change is not made soon, I will stop posting here altogether.

^Oh dude calm down. It’s not like they changed the language to Chinese or something.

This might grow on me. I just wish we could find something that sticks.

I’m not positive, but it looks like the maximum character count per post was decreased from 15k to 10k . I get max char errors when i try to update my almost maxed out posts.

Are any of the old news posts going to be reuploaded or are they lost forever through the canals of time?

I think you mean annals of time there bro.