Warriors Fate: Street Fighter story thread, revived

IS everyone in Fan Fiction besides Millardo ignoring me?!

Fine then.

Man, this thread has really taken off in the last day or so. Good to see the influx of info. Thanks Saiki for all of the responses. I’ll post more once I catch up.

Guy’s fiance (not just girlfriend :P) is Rena, who’s Maki’s sister.

Maki is looking for him most likely so she can challenge him to become the next Bushin Master. Capcom vs SNK 2 says that’s the reason, and it’s probably right, even if the events of the game itself are a dream match.

Guy met Rose as Rose’s mid-boss battle with him in SFA3. He thinks she’s too suicidal because even though a Bushin master must risk his life to maintain balance, it’s stupid to just throw it away on purpose like Rose is doing, so he follows Rose and catches up to her in her ending, but by then it’s “too late”. That’s about it, really, as far as I know. He’s not saving her because he loves her or anything, I’m pretty sure. He’s just doing it because he and Rose are on the same side and Guy IS a good guy so he’s supposed to save people, anyways :stuck_out_tongue:

Saiki:
-Thanks for the answers. So Gen has leukemia, Im glad that they stated his actual illness. Also, if Retsu was that skilled, then was he possibly stronger than Gouken? If Retsu can hang with Gen, then does that mean that he is close to or comparable to even Gouki. Of course, this is all speculation, but I would like to hear your opinion on the subject.
-About Lee, isnt he dead/MIA? I thought that Yun and Yangs parents were missing.

-I thought that Ryu was about 23 when Gouken was killed. Didnt this take place at about the same time as his fight with Sagat? I thought that he was 23 then. That makes Ken about 22-23 at the time as well.

Tiamat:
-Im not sure what disease youre thinking of, but it isnt leukemia. Leukemia is a cancer of sorts, cancer of the blood I guess. It can occur at any age, and is extremely painful and in fact fatal. It can be treated, but can also go into remission, which makes it difficult to cure. This actually makes a lot of sense in the SF storyline. I had always figured that Gen had some sort of blood defect or disorder.

Sho 2:
-Im pretty sure that Guy meets Rose before she confronts Vega. He (Guy) tries to persuade Rose not to throw her life away and warns her of Vegas power. Guy does have a girlfriend and shes Makis sister (Rena?). Guy seems to have a theme of confronting/warning people who seek Vega. This is reinforced by his fights with Karin, Gen, Gouki, and Rose. Even if most of those arent official, it seems to point at his role in Z3.
EDIT: Tiamat also just posted this.

el cabron
-I understand that, Im just saying that sometimes it feels like Ryus being babied. Its obvious to us that hes lost more than a few times, but this is almost never indicated in the actual games. I just wish that Capcom would show him getting smacked around a little bit instead of going back to the games and pulling it out of nowhere. Its frustrating, but I guess were all used to it.

I guess itll take more than a measly forums crash to stop this thread.
-Clay

PS Extra thanks Saiki for the translations. I had been waiting for a while to see some of those.:smiley:

another question concerning chun-li: was she ever a news reporter? in the SF action movie, they made her up as a news reporter (of course its non-canon, but is their some truth to it).

AND one of her third strike win quotes says something like: “Hey, leave me alone, i’m a fighter, not a news reporter!”

No.

Probably just an inside joke made by Capcom of USA.

Here’s the Guy vs Vega dialogue from Z2
Vega
Hmph…an old art. One who lives in the shadows, do you plan on raising your name by defeating me?
Guy
I have no interest in such a cause! I move only for “justice”!
Vega
"Justice"…every time I hear that word, it discusts me!
Guy
I challenge you!

And Z3
Vega
Bushinryu…I finally remembered. You are a dangerous figure infront of my Psycho power and must be destroyed. I can’t stand my plans being interfiered…
Guy
So you are the one who disrupts the flow of nature
Vega
Hmph…I’ve had many names in the course of mankinds history…and every one of them…struck fear in men! Prepare yourself boy…no the warrior of Bushin!!

Clay
dam, my bad. you’re right though, Ryu wasn’t in his teens when Gouken died. Old habit of me saying that way back then…
And about Retsu. I think he is pretty close to Gouki. And I even have a reason/theory. Remember when I said that only Ken and Gouken’s daughter(I need a name for her, so I’ll call her Mana) saw Gouken get killed by Gouki. Both Ken and Mana(although not as strong as Ryu/Ken) are fighters. I’m pretty sure that they both would’ve tried to take on Gouki. And if Gouki is challenged by a strong or weak opponent, he fights to the death. The only exception is if Gouki knows the other fighter possess a great potential or is held back by something. So there had to have been a something that stopped Gouki from killing Ken and Mana. It’s already a known fact that Gouki really doesnt pay too much attention to Ken. And I’m pretty sure Mana doesnt have a great fighting potential, although I may be wrong. So the only one who could’ve stopped Gouki is Retsu, who is Gouken’s friend. This is just my theory and I just used the name Mana because I got sick of always typing Gouken’s daughter.

Oh yea, as far as I know, Ataru’s just some fan artist who apparently likes to draw fan art of ‘underdog’ characters. He also seems to be a big Doll fan. :smiley:

Np, big Jin fan so, I try gather all the little info I can on the Cyberbots series that I can (which isn’t much as of late, lol).

I basically bought Tech Romancer only cause I heard Jin was gonna be in the home version of the game (he wasn’t in the arcades versions and doesn’t have a real storyline, more of an easter egg from Capcom than anything).

That comic you mentin sounds crazy, lol, wish I could see it. To keep this on topic, notice how Jin just looks like an mega angry Ryu in a jumpsuit? lol. Also, Ryu is in Jin’s ending in MvC1 holding his scarf, I know the Vs. series storylines shouldn’t be taken seriously, but I thought that was cool. Maybe Jin is related to Ryu someway in the future (Ryu being his greatx 40 grandfather or something, lol) Also, Jin’s father that died was name Ken Saotome…Ken Saotome…Ken Masters…hint, hint? lol, j/king, ignore that last part, just something I notice with the two series.

On Guy and Rose - Yeah, I always thought there was something between the two until I found out Guy had a girl. Guess it doesn’t matter now since it looks like the two are pushing up daisys, but maybe they can hook up in the afterlife if possible. (?) Unless of course, Guy’s trapped in some hell where he has to relive the events of Final Fight one over, and over, and over again! - Joking.

Gen2000 - I brought Tech Romancer for the same exact reason (I never even played Cyberbots, so it was my big chance to pilot Blodia!) but Tech Romancer turned out to be a great game anyway. I really dig the Anime intro you can unlock and I wish more fighting games like this one and KOF Dream Match had Anime intros.

More on that Hong Kong SF New Generation Comic - It really was crazy! A full color issue came out every single week for over 200 weeks! For some reason, if you missed a week you were screwed because the stores wouldn’t keep them on the rack. My proudest/most pathetic SF fanatic moment was when I twisted my ankle, was advised to stay home and limped all the way to the store to buy an issue! Anyway, after Satsui No Ryu placed his severed arm back on I kind of lost interest because that was even to stupid for me. Furthermore, after about 200 issues it seemed like the comic would NEVER end. Also, Masahiko Nakahira’s Ryu Final Manga was being released at the same time so I got more into that and it became my favorite SF comic of all time.

I have a question about the super moves power, double impact shows same cases of how powerful the super move is, but do you know how powerful other super moves are?

example(double impact):

Akuma:

Messatsu Gou-Hadou/Tenma Gou-Zanku:
“Your mild power can’t even be compared to the strength fueled by
murderous intent!”
“Pathetic! You have completely submitted to the might of my wave motion
power!”

Messatsu Gou-Shoryu:
“My murderous Shoryu crushed you! A suitably cruel finish…”
“Your soul is worth only ashes now…”

Messatsu Gou-Rasen/Messatsu Gou-Senpuu:
“Driven by murderous intent… No one can compete with my power!!”
“My murderous intent shall never fade… Perish!”

Alex:

Boomerang Raid:
“The Boomerang Raid is meant to demolish your defense!”
“With an ending like that, I’m quite happy with my performance… A
combination Super Art finish!”

Dudley:

Rocket Uppercut:
“Rocket Uppercut!! It strikes the heavens in unequaled glory!”
“The End!! What a stylish victory!”

Rolling Thunder:
“Rolling Thunder… Did you ever think it could end so dramatically?”
“Now you have seen the power, devastation, and fury of the Rolling
Thunder!”

Corkscrew Blow:
“Corkscrew!! It has the devastating power of a hurricane!”
“The Corkscrew was a perfect finisher…I did not think you could
withstand it!”

Elena:

Spinning Beat:
“I won by the Spinning Beat! It was a great fight!”
“Kicking gracefully as if I’m dancing. That’s the essence of the Spinning
Beat!!”

Brave Dance:
“I express my gratitude for the honor of fighting you. That’s the meaning
of the Brave Dance!”
“The Brave Dance was born from the nature of Africa. Will you celebrate
with me?”

Gill:

Meteor Strike:
“Defeating me would mean leading the world to destruction. Accept your
divine punishment!”
“With your ignorance, you only see destruction. It is in fact, a prelude
to rebirth!”

Hugo:

Hammer Frenzy:
“Craaaaash!”
“Behold my real power!”

Ibuki:

Kasumi-Suzaku:
“Ninjitsu Kasumi-Suzaku!”
“The shuriken can be more effective than punches and kicks.”

Yoroi-Doushi:
“This is my ultimate move, the Yoroi-Doushi!”
“This is Ibuki’s super favorite move! Did you like it?”

Hashin-Sho:
“It’s my super fast Hashin-Sho! I know you could feel it!”
“My super move can break your heart! …Just kidding! Tee-hee!”

Ken:

Shoryu-reppa:
“Shoryu-reppa! Feel the burn…”
“Shoryu-reppa is the ultimate combination move!”

Shinryu-ken:
“Shinryu-ken!! Sometimes it’s more important to have a stylish victory
than a quick one!”
“The “dragon” within me is always ready to strike! You should know from
experience.”

Shippu-jinrai-kyaku:
“My Shippu-jinrai-kyaku is faster than the wind!”
“Feel the full force of my Shippu-jinrai-kyaku! It’s the best!”

Necro:

Magnetic Storm:
“It’s time to finish this! Electric Shock Storm!!!”
“You’ve felt the Shock Storm! Now tell me who’s the greatest fighter of
all!”

Electric Snake:
“You fell for it… Bad footwork means being a victim of the Electric
Snake!”
“Electric Strike Finish! Wow… That felt great!”

Oro:

Yagyou Dama:
“A dream, a phantom, and an illusion. That’s the meaning of the Yagyou
Dama!”
“It does not strike you, yet you’ll be dragged into it. That’s the secret
of the Yagyou Dama.”

Tengu Stone:
“The Tengu Stone can draw upon the force of objects everywhere!”
“Cheap? Well… So do you have something to say about my Tengu Stone?”

Ryu:

Shinkuu Hadou-Ken:
“The ultimate form of wave motion attack…Shinkuu…the power of vacuum
energy!”
“Shinkuu Hadou-Ken!! It’s unstopable power still amazes me!”

Shin Shoryuken:
“You’ve just experienced the Shin Shoryuken!! Tell me if you’ve seen any
greater force!”
“Yes, that is the nature of the attack. If it strikes, you will be
crushed!”

Denjin Hadou-Ken:
“Denjin! The electric bite of the Thunder God cannot be stopped!”
“Concentrated energy…the longer it builds up, the more devastating it
becomes!”

Sean:

Hadou-Burst:
“Hadou-Burst! All right!!!”
“Wave Motion Burst!! This rocks!”

Shoryu-Cannon:
“I won with my Shoryu-Cannon! I’m the best!”
“Yes! My Shoryu-Cannon rules all!”

Hyper Tornado:
“Hyper Tornado!!! You fell for it!!!”
“Hyper Tornado!!! I did it!!!”

Urien:

Tyrant Slaughter:
“My body is as hard as iron! My ultimate attack mashes like a
cannonball!”
“I have finished you! Stand against me, and be destroyed.”

Temporal Thunder:
“My enormous power is inescapable!”
“Feel the spirit of the true Emperor! Suffer now in your surrender!”

Aegis Reflector:
“Can’t you see how pathetic your attacks are!”
“My perfect guard! Nobody can break it!”

Yang:

Raishin-Mahhaken:
“My Raishin-Mahhaken is formidable when used properly…”
“You thought it would be a close battle? Nobody can beat my Raishin-
Mahhaken!”

Tenshin-Senkyutai
"Because of your sloppy defense, I got to finish you with my Tenshin-
Senkyutai!"
“There’s no way you could escape my Tenshin-Senkyutai!”

Seiei-Enbu
"Did my Seiei-Enbu confuse you? Is age dulling your senses?"
“Look! How many of myself are there? Count them quickly! Time’s up!”

Yun:

You-Hou:
“Your jaw! Did I break it with my You-Hou?”
“Finishing with one You-Hou… That’s such a great feeling!”

Sourai-Rengeki:
“My Sourai-Rengeki is a cool move, eh?”
“My Sourai-Rengeki can’t be stopped!”

Genei-Jin:
“Learning to avoid is an essential skill… Although you can’t escape my
Genei-Jin…”
“Genei-Jin is too fast to be seen! Perhaps you should just sit there and
let me hit you!”

I have another question(applying to quotes), in the Gill to Alex win quotes, he says:

You were only slightly easier to defeat than the one who came before me."

Now what was Gill talking about, I know Gill losed to Alex on purpose, but was Gill talking about Tom, and if he was, does that mean Tom is stronger, or is it a mis-translation?

And a quote from Oro:

For once I felt pressed. First time in ten years I’ve broken a sweat

Now SF3 tournament was placed in 1998, so 10 years before is 1988, that is the time of alpha 2, did he fight Akuma, or Gen, or is this just a mistranslation? Oro hasn’t trained for 50 years by the way.

Back to the Retsu, Akuma, Ryu thing. I don’t think that just because they spar means Retsu is anyone close to Gouken’s level. Same with Ryu and Ken. They spar, and they are both good, but honestly, in an all out fight. (Even though this would never happen.) By all out I mean no holding back on either side in a fight to the death, Ryu would mop the floor with Ken. (And Ken’s my boy, but that’s how I feel.) They may appear to be close, but I think Ryu has outclassed kNe by much farther than what may appear on the surface. BUt again, we’ll never see that. It’s kind of like saying who would win, the 2000-2001 Lakers or the 1993-1994 Bulls? They may appear to be close. But if it came down to it, the Bulls would mop the floor with them. (BUt that’s a thread in and of itself :)!)

Hence I think Ryu did beat Retsu fair and square, but Retsu beat an ailing Gen.

Random: I got an e-mail from Agent Guile and… ah, it’s too long to repeat in my own words (and… I don’t know much about pronounciation, anyways), so I’ll just copy and paste here :stuck_out_tongue:

Tiamat,
I just want to add some comments to your Street Fighter faq.

Charlie Nash is Charlie’s full name. This was said to me by LastGodVT (an SRK
member. I don’t know if he’s still an active poster on SRK these days). He owns
a copy of the the All About Capcom book.

About the name pronunciation thing.

I know that Saiki is Japanese, and apparently, I have no right of questioning
his credibilty (since I’m not Japanese) about what he said about the "right"
pronunciation of the names of the Street Fighter. But I know your email adress I
don’t know his so I’ll say this to you instead.

Japanese people tend to pronounce a word in a way that their spelling of the
same word doesn’t really match its pronunciation.

For example:

Let’s use the word, “RUROUNI KENSHIN.”

If we pronounce that word the american english way, we would pronounce the word
rurouni as…

ROO-ROW-KNEE

But,
Japanese has the same vowel sound reportoire as Spanish,

a - as in Dan (Hibiki)
e - as in Edmond (Honda)
i - as in Ibuki
o - as in gallop
u - as in Ibuki

so the word should be pronounced as

ROO-RO-KNEE

The difference is that (aside from the different pronunciation of the letter
"r"), the o in “ROU” (in rurouni) uses the Spanish “o”.

What I’m saying is, if we pronounce the rou in rurouni the Japanese way, there’s
no need for the extra “u” after “ro” since it will create the misconception that
it is pronounced as “row”.

By this, I’m saying that the word Feilong is pronounced as

Fe-lon

Fe (uses the Spanish e).

and Lon (since your faq says that the “g” is silent).

It’s kinda like how the Japanese pronounce the word Sensei.

They pronounce it as Sen - Se (Spanish e)

and not

Sen - Say (that’s the American pronunciation)

Same goes to Feilong. It’s Fe (and doesn’t sound like fay)

And also, about the word Gouki.

Saiki is right. It’s Go-key

But he didn’t specify which type of “O” to use

It should be go(spanish o)-ki.

Please tell this to Saiki if you can talk to him.

<end e-mail>

Ah… well, I don’t know much about pronounciation (okay, I’m clueless about it :p), though it was stated before that Nash wasn’t Charlie’s last name. Does All About Capcom really say it is? Yeep! is confused

well I’ve got some questions

What’s the Japanese version of the pre-dialouge between Gouki and Gen? In the US version it goes:

Gouki: (Master Gen) {I wonder why it’s in parathesis, is Gouki actually speaking or using Telepathy or something?}

Gen: What is it you want with me Akuma?

Gouki: (Your defeat).

Gen: I think not.

*Used Gouki instead of Akuma.

Also what Sagat mean during his Alpha three ending, when he says that “his destiny (Sagat’s), Ryu you are the only man worthy of it.”

re: Nash’s full name

Okay. I checked AAC, and while my Jpn is far from complete, I see no mention of “Charlie” anywhere under Nash’s entry. Every other character with a last name (Ken, Sean, Sakura) as it mentioned prominantly somewhere, but Nash has zip.

Oh, and I never noticed it before, but “Andore” is the exact katakana spelling of that character’s name: AN-DO-RE. So in english it would translate to “Andre”, but Capcom took it and spelt it literally from the jpn. translation. So in a sense, Capcom didn’t change the character’s name - they just took advantage of an english spelling trait to make it appear as if the name was pronounced differently (since I don’t know about you folks, but every english pronunciation of “Andore” I’ve ever heard/used wa was “AN-DOOR”).

I as going to mention something about all the pronunciation crap, but I’m kinda rusty on my japanese. I’ll just say that I believe he’s wrong: “ou” (very simlar to a long “o”) is pronounced differently to just “o”, and “ei” (almost like “ay”) is pronounced differently to just “e”

i see it as a compliment on sagat’s part. He is saying that he is glad that his destiny / future / fate revolves around a man as great as ryu.

here’s kind of a quick question: what is the translation for akuma’s 3S hidden super Kongou Kokuretsu Zan??

Grenade Falcon,

I don’t think Ryu knows who Gouki is only that he is the one that killed Gouken.

Think about it for a second.

Ryu only came into Gouken’s care WELL after Gouken’s own training was completed.

Gouken disliked his own fighting style enough that he radically changed it, teaching Ryu and Ken a toned-down version.

Gouki has likely been in intensive training in solitude. I doubt he cared enough to visit Gouken at any point prior to their match.

This dialogue seems to indicate that Ryu senses something about Gouki. Whether that is Gouki being related to Gouken or simply that Gouki IS the one that killed Gouken could be a matter of debate.

Gouki also seems to identify Ryu right away as Gouken’s student presumably from his chi and similarity to Gouken.

I think Ryu and Akuma’s dialogue in both the Japanese translation that Saiki gave and Capcom’s butchered US translation indicate that they’ve at least seen each other, before. Though… I guess all them ellipses can get confusing, sometimes ^^;

Thanks, Ultima! Okay, yea, I was wondering about that. That pronounciation in the e-mail always seemed like an… odd pronounciation of Fei Long to me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just a few questions today.

1. Saiki - When you have time could you please tell us what AAC says about Jin and Devilot?

2. Anyone ever notice how in Strider 1 and 2 their is a flying Fortress called “Balrog” like our favorite Spanish Ninja? Is that just a coincidence since I think Strider 1 came out before SF2 or has the name of that flying Fortress been mistranslated by Capcom USA?