Warriors Fate: Street Fighter story thread, revived

I remember there was one more thing about ChunLi,

In Capcom vs. SNK2, she says ‘surrender’ to evil characters in the game.

There are two exceptions to this:

One, she addreses Sagat in this way even though he is not an evil character per se.

Two, she DOESN’T addresss Satsui No Hadou/Killing intent awakened/Evil Ryu in this manner.

What’s up, everyone?

Geez, a lot of new info has been gathered since I was last here. Sucks that this thread was wiped out, but I’m glad It’s back and I’m glad to be back. Anyways, does anyone here have a scanned image of the Birdie & Titanic Tim official art? If so, could you post the link here? That’d be great. Peace out for now, everyone.

She probably knows that Sagat was a member of Shadowloo. It would make sense for her to want to find out if he knows anything that could help her.

She might not even know that he left Shadowloo.

Maybe CvS2 Sagat is pre-SFA3 Sagat? Sagat was still a member of Shadaloo up until the end of SFA3. At the end of SFA2, he takes a vacation from it, but he hasn’t quit it.

Sagat’s CvS2 ending says that he’s glad to be the champion again or the mightiest or something, I think, which might be an indication that it’s preSFA3 Sagat, too.

I have a question about some of the alpha 2 diologue, Guy says to Bison(i know they didn’t fight) that he has beaten some one his soldiers, did Guy really fight Bisons soldiers?

And Ryus final boss fight with Akuma says:

Akuma:
Well, we meet again!
Ryu:
It’s been a while, Akuma.
Ryu:
So, have you gotten any better?
Akuma:
You tell me!

Did they meet before or something before alpha 2(1988)? Because the plot faq shows no signs off that

And I don’t think Ryu takes Sakura seriously(as in he doesn’t care for her):

Sakura:
I’ve been looking for you Ryu.
Ryu:
What do you want with me, little girl?
Sakura:
Is that anyway to talk? I’m your number one fan.
Sakura:
That’s Ms. Little Girl to you!

her ending:

[Sakura approaches Ryu]
Wait! Where are you going?
I want to be stronger. I want to learn more.
Please! Please teach me! Be my master!!!
I’m still learning myself. I don’t have time for school girl games!
You’re on your own.

Akuma is Gouken’s brother, so of course Ryu would know about Akuma prior to SFA2.

Well, you do see a change in their relationship in Sakura’s SFA3 ending. Sakura also appears in Ryu’s A3 ending where all his friends/worthy opponents appear in his mind as he’s in the process of overcoming Bison’s Psycho Power. I don’t see why Ryu wouldn’t care about her at this point.

TarkanX
Guy doesn’t say anything along the lines of beating up one of Vega’s soldiers. That is something that Cap USA put in.
and Ryu vs Gouki dialogue isn’t like that in Japanese version.
Gouki
…! You, you’re Gouken’s…!
Ryu
I feel as if I’ve met you before, you’re my masters…but this isn’t a sparring match. I challenge you as a fighter!
Gouki
…Hmph, Boy! It’s been a long time since my blood boils!

And Sakura vs Ryu dialogue isn’t like that too. It goes like this

Sakura
Hehe, I’ve looked all over the place for! I’ve finally found you!
Ryu
? And you are…?
Sakura
I saw you fighting one time…and now I’m addicted to Street Fighting! I’ve even learned your special moves! Hey can i challenge you! I think I’m pretty good!

ending
Sakura
um…wait! I want to get stronger. I want to learn more…so please! Will you teach me more skills! Will you be my master!
Ryu
…I am still under training. I do not have the right to teach others. You can get stronger yet. With your own skills…

And I remember someone asking about the dialogue between Gen and Ryu in Z3 so here it is.

Gen
I did not expect to meet such a young user of the Ansatsuken near my death… This world still has it’s joy’s left…
Ryu
That stance, it is the art used for killing…
Gen
And what if it were?
Ryu
He’s strong! I can feel his strength just by standing infront of him!

after battle
Gen
His art seems the same yet different from Ansatsuken…a pure, fist. Without cloudness…But why does it bother my heart so? Is it because I faced another user of Ansatsuken? Or is it because of the power’s that lies within this man…

…holy crap, did Capcom of USA butcher the translations. O_o

Well, at any rate, I imagine this does confirm that Ryu never fought Gen in the SF1 tournament, though…

On a side note, isn’t Leukemia supposed to be a childhood disease? Strange Capcom :eek: …come to think of it, while it’s somewhat deadly, it’s not exactly the type of disease that I’d pin as one of the deadliest…

I guess Lee taking over Genhanten might explain why Yun and Yang call it the ‘family restaurant’. …at least, assuming that restaurant is the same as Genhanten. Ack! I’m so confused! And… Yun and Yang currently seem like orphans or that their father is gone or something too, but dunno about that, either. Doh!

:eek: Whoa, so that’s the TRUE dialogue in SFA2? Shit! That does make a lot more sense!

Okay, and this brings up another question:

Why the fuck can’t Capcom of Japan and Capcom of USA ever cooperate with each other? I mean, CoA does not develop the stories that happen in the games, so the least they could do is respectfully obey CoJ by not screwing around with Akuma’s story and translating the dialogue properly.

Thank you so much, Saiki! :smiley:

Saiki could you give us Guy’s real dialouge with Vega?

What’s he really saying?

Also when Ryu confronts Gouki (not sure about the game)

in the US version, Ryu says “I will avenge my master” and Gouki responds with “you will follow him”.

Is that what’s said the Japanese version?

I thought it was official that Lee was dead? Or is he merely under “vanished” status and I’m remembering one of the many OG SF rumours?

Probably none of you guys know who I am…but I’m a faithfull reader.
I was crushed when I saw that the thread was gone…

Anyway…In the first page there was some complaining about people taking it easy with Ryu…

I think that most fighters realize that Ryu has an inmense potential…I think that they all want Ryu to reach a higher level of fighting skill. Even Gen realizes that Ryu isnt like any other fighter that he has met. Ryu has the heart of the true fighter…not fighting to kill but to improve himself and to superate his flaws…

Most fighters respect that.
Mostly the ones that are on higher levels…they’re waiting on Ryu so they can a have a more intense match at least that is what I think.

If you see a little boy on an arcade who is chalenging you in SF for the first time…wouldnt you go a little easy on the kid?

If you tryed to teach him some moves and see that he can do them easily…wouldnt you like the kid to improve so you can have a better fight with him?

Just my thoughts.

On Sagat in the Vs. Games - Well, at least in SNK vs. Capcom, Sagat is still a member of Shadowloo. He can be seen with the other theree lords of Shadowloo before Vega sends Balrog after you prior to the Mid-Boss battle. I don’t think that SVC and CVS really contradict each other. In SVC Geese and Vega swear to get revenge on you after you beat the game, hence they’re the bosses of CVS. Also, neither of the games take Joe very seriously. In SVC it is stated that he lost to Adon and in CVS he’s teamed up with Dan and wins the Tournament the same way Dragonball’s Mr. Satan wins Tourneys - All the heavy hitters are away fighting the real fight. This may just be a coincidence, though. I suppose Chun-Li says what she does to Sagat in CVS2 because Shad Sagat is more well known to non-SF fanatics than Honorable Sagat. Just Guessing.

Gen2000 - Whoops! I wanted to comment on this earlier but I was a little busy. Muchas Gracias on the info about Jin and Devilot’s popularity and the fact that Zero Gouki is only in the home version. Funny, kind of mirrors Jin’s Tech Romancer appearance.

Oh, a side note about Zero Gouki - In the EXTREMELY unofficial Hong Kong SF3 New Generation comic, Gouki channeled the Ki of the Zero Gouki Robot! This comic also featured the death of Dan, Balrog, Sagat and Feilong and also showed Satsui No Ryu re-attaching his chopped of arm to it’s severed limb ala Absorbing Man in Secret Wars so it REALLY can’t be taken seriously. Cool art work though!

Well, actually… I DESTROY children. As Guile said, “Easy win.”

But what you said does make sense in the fact that many people saw that he has great potential, even Akuma and Oro, both of whom he has NEVER beaten. But I think that when anyone else fights Ryu, besides Gouki of course, they take the anti-Akuma approach and either let him advance or hold back. Well, I guess that does exclude Oro also, but then again Oro wants to train him. And Akuma, while does want Ryu to advance and become stronger, will only get one fight with Ryu as he will either killed or be killed.

Well, now that I have addressed your question, I have one of my own: Does anyone think that Guy has a crush on Rose in SFA3?

I mean he even saves her life without even meeting her before, unless Guy met in SFA2, which don’t think he did. And even then, he seems to care for her more than he does Cody, who was his best friend. But then again, doesn’t Guy have a girlfriend already, and that was why Maki was looking for him anyway? Damn, so :confused:.

Saiki, can you give the original ending dialouge of Guy in SFA3 and the original sub-boss dialouge with Rose?

I’m begining to wonder if Chunli REALLY knows what’s going on.

It would be funny if Capcom announced the official ending of the Second Tournament was Guile getting ready to fight Vega, only to see Gouki warp in, Kill Vega, ignore Guile (and or insult him) and then leave.

Yo Tiamat, I’m pretty sure it was Cody who directly/personally knocked Belger out of the window, because during FF2’s intro, you see a pic/screen shot of Cody uppercutting Belger through/out the window. Also, I believe Oro’s Fighting Style/Martial Art is called “Senjutu,” 'cuz my old EGM issue that gives a complete report on SF3:NG refers to it as “Senjutu” and so does this official pic of him:
http://www.capcomasia.com.hk/sf3/oro.html

Is it possible that Senjutu just means “old” and isn’t a fighting style? I know that Senjin means “old master”… Hmm.

But thanks^^ This also confirmed that Makoto’s dojo was the Rindoukan Dojo, as well as Yun and Yang’s nicknames. Was looking for that :stuck_out_tongue:

And… on a random note, the guy that was the head scientist in the G project that produced Twelve was Dr. Kure, right?

Hmm… this also says that the girl kidnapped by Urien was Chun-Li’s kung fu student even before she was kidnapped. Wow, I didn’t know that…

Thanks for the help rushes off too start the fic, then stops Wait…Isn’t it true that Gouken had a daughter, and she was the only real witness to Gouken’s death…Just making sure…

Tiamat, you may be right 'bout the whole Senjutu thing, but in my EGM, it says:
“His (Oro’s) Senjyutu style is very artistic, and he searches for a worthy student to succeed him.” I think it might be the name of his style.

m121akuma
Yes, that’s correct, although, Ken showed up at the very end of the battle. Btw Tiamat, who’s this “Ataru” guy who drew those sweet pics of the Dolls and Gouken’s daughter? Is he a well-known fan-artist or something?