Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

Timesplitters creator wants a new game but is worried about it

I keep trying to leave Xenoblade Chronicles 2 but it keeps pulling me back in.

1 Like

Sega did a stream for fist of the north and vc4

And this is a GI show where they talk about the changes in the GC demo vs. the E3 demo

I’ll need to pick this up before it’s gone for good

2 Likes

I stg this better get localized.

Nintendo says don’t be too greedy
 but in the meantime

1 Like

No discount before it’s removed? I probably should have picked it up during the summer sale. I’ll wait out a bit to see if it gets discounted and if it doesn’t I’ll pick it up anyway.

Mahvel Ultimate Alliance games were de-listed recently too.

Interview with Nomura on translations and the script writing process for kh3
https://www.khinsider.com/news/Hobby-Consolas-interview-Nomura-on-Kingdom-Hearts-3-s-dubbing-translations-and-more-13046

Remaking REmake isn’t off the table

Disney level scripts require 2 passes from Disney

Also been hearing that Shenmue collection has some weird glitches

Traded in DS3 and Lego SMH2 for the new Tomb Raider.
Hype 2 stronk.

to anyone playing dead cells, how to beat Dead Cells’ final boss easily

Wings of the Crow. get 2 of em with purple scrolls maxed as much as possible and spam away.

4 Likes

Good tip homie, I’m getting there soon

ive never played a resident evil game in my life, but i wont lie, the footage of RE2 remake has me more than curious about diving into the horror game genre. something i had no interest in before.

In Dead Cells are you literally just playing the same level over and over, and if you die you start at the beginning of the game? I was watching a video of it earlier but it looked like you progress to new levels, but he never died either so I just don’t “get” how the game works exactly. I am intrigued by how it looks and plays though.

Damn. You’ve been missing out on some amazing games over the years.

Silent Hill 2. My personal favorite in the series and a game I consider to be a timeless classic. I don’t care how you do it, but you should play this game by any means necessary. The world and atmosphere the game creates will psychologically mindfuck you to a point where you’ll find yourself on the edge of your seat shitting bricks at the freaky monster design and amazing sound design.

Dead Space 1. The original is by far my favorite game in the series because it truly makes you feel isolated and alone on a spaceship with horrific monsters that are trying to kill you. The atmosphere in the original is top notch. Sadly the sequels tried to double down on the story and you literally have someone calling you every 10-20 minutes of gameplay to see what’s up, which removes so, so much of the tension the original was able to create. The sequels also started to introduce a lot of wacky setpieces which
don’t really have a place in a horror game. See: Resident Evil 6 and the boss fights that lasted way too long. Edit: I really enjoyed the sequels as well, but the original is the best in the series by far imo.

Resident Evil series. You can’t go wrong with RE1, REmake(which is on Steam with 0 for a peanut and bean during sales) RE2, RE3, Code Veronica or RE4. I enjoyed RE5 a lot too, but people are divided on that game and 6.

The Evil Within series. I enjoyed the original over the sequel, but the sequel was damn good as well. Atmosphere out the ass, really fun and enjoyable combat(especially with the “matches” mechanic in the original.) They’re just really solid horror games.

I’d say you can’t go wrong with any of those titles. Titles to stay away from in the genre are the hide-and-go-seek games in the genre that feature no combat at all, which completely removes any tension these games have. In a good horror game you have to decide whether or not you want to engage in combat, whether or not it might be better to run away if your resources are low. There’s thought to put into your encounters.

In the hide-and-go-seek genre, if you’re seen by an enemy or he discovers your hiding location it’s game over. There’s no fighting for your life. There’s no tension. There’s no decisions to make. They’re glorified stealth games with dogshit mechanics and at that point you might as well play games that are heavy on stealth mechanics that are actually fleshed out like the MGS or Thief series.

Stay the fuck away from hide-and-go-seek simulators like the Amnesia series, Outlast and other Indie games that think having a decent atmosphere with nothing else equals to a good horror game.

3 Likes

Dead Space was so incredible at the time. The atmosphere in that game is incredible. I remember the first time you space walk and the sound completely changes, that shit got me hype. Loved that game so much. The sound in general in that game is top notch.

RE7 in VR is my overall favorite horror experience ever though. It simply cannot be matched. I love horror movies and what not but sometimes I wouldn’t want to play RE7 because it made me feel so uncomfortable. It’s just freaky as shit in VR.

1 Like

Miyamoto is out of touch with the world in general

His reasoning seemed perfectly sound and in touch with offering good product.

4 Likes

sheeeeit, I got back on some Diablo 3 today
finally went through the rest of Act V with my other Necromancer to finish getting the related achievements
strange that I got the achievement for beating Diablo with a blood ability in a random battle with regular enemies
anyway, it’s looking like I will truly never get tired of this game
especially now that it will soon be fully portable on Switch. I changed things around on that character, now using the Trag’Ouls set, though I only have 3 pieces of it
and with the combo of the “simulacrum” and skeletal mage abilities working together
the damage was crazy
my summoned mages are often hitting for 1 or 2 billion points of damage
and I don’t even have him fully geared up the way I want just yet. Rift Guardians show up only to get destroyed in literally 2 seconds. :rofl:

*sadly, I have a friend that is an alleged fan of this game
yet he STILL hasn’t finished story nor is he even close to hitting level 70 for the first time :roll_eyes: