Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

I think you need to watch the combat itself. The combat system looks really good. The animation is a little janky but From Soft was never hyper focused on incredible animation and life-likeness in the way that Ghost of Tsushima is trying to be. I don’t think I’ve even seen an action combat game where everything is based on breaking posture. Like, it’s similar to guard breaking but the fact that it’s all timing based and a good defense actually opens up offensive options directly is a great system and makes a ton of sense for a melee combat game

No ass creed game in 2019

Instead going to focus on Odyssey dlc

Miyamoyo would prefer not to make an MMO

Pubg is getting a training mode

Rocket league will be making progression changes

Nintendo discusses their design philosphy with its OS

Videogamedunkey - slapper’s village

devs of DOA6 should do everything possible to push the series into next year’s evo because god damn no one ever takes that series seriously in the fgc

1 Like

Get past the fallout trailer and they talk about the game

Same goes for this, get past the trailer and they talk about the game

Monument valley is getting a movie

Dont drop acid before you see it.

Also wantes to mention that other places are also putting up vids for GC, most may be traversing the same demo but may offer different or longer looks at things. Sometimes just having someone else play something might be interesting enough.

^ Warning…8 min of this is a frozen screen…dunno why GS didnt just edit this before putting it up

I like how Andre the Giant ( thats what im calling the big mofo they fight near the end) not only tries to power bomb and drop kick you but also attempts to hit the people’s elbow

This is a point here. People harp on the woman, but from what I can see, it’s the overall presentation/marketing that’s really the turnoff here. That, and general dislike of EA right now. And the Chief Design Officer of EA saying that those who didn’t like the idea of a woman on the front lines are “uneducated” and can either buy the game or not buy it. I guess people are finally speaking with their wallets here.

Honestly, in comparison to SCVI, it seems to be the better thought out, more competitively polished game. But then again, SC has had problems with being competitive after 2 and 3AE. Meanwhile, DOA fixed its act after Itagaki was booted and got an actual arcade player in Shimbori to take care of gameplay (plus, they got Master, an actual tournament champ, to do the Seth Killian thing for them).

and yet all people care about are mods for fan service. ughhh.

also, cant believe theyre making a movie about monument valley. sure its a great lil phone game…but i can think of a bunch of story driven games that would, no, should be made into films before monument valley.

1 Like

The biggest issue with DOA is that for a minute it was exclusive for Xbox… then they went heavy on DLC. This upcoming game could be the franchise redemption because buried underneath the boob jokes there actually is a fun and at times solid game.

Time will tell, and at least Toei Kemco hasn’t bitched out of the fight like Sega did with Virtua Fighter.

Nah, biggest issue is that the worst iteration of the game, the one that Itagaki ruined to hell and back because he acted like a scrub and took out all the stuff that top players were using, was the one at WCG and Evo. DOA4 ended up being game of nothing but 50/50s leading into 50/50s, because Itagaki hated how players were figuring out how to get around the hold system, made it so that you could counter hold out of situations you couldn’t before (e.g. wall bounce), and then made them really safe.

There was nothing wrong with it being Xbox exclusive at a time. Same as there was nothing wrong with Tekken being PS exclusive.

Also, for the record, I didn’t get much playtime with this at Gamescom. It was single player only and you could only play arcade mode so, yeah. Looks and feels pretty much as DOA always had with the biggest change being that the game asks you if you want to enable blood splatter when you start instead of how old you are.

1 Like

Npd july 2018

Hardware: Switch has taken over July as the top selling console. Sales for Xbone are trending up and Sony is still the top selling console thus far for YTD. Apparently Switch took no.1 spot by a couple factors but the one most attributing this is the no.1 software spot.

Software top 20 : Octopath Traveler ( the first purely 3rd party exclusive on a Nintendo platforn to take the top spot in who knows how long, I know the game sold well but wasn’t expecting this), Grand Theft Auto V (this game is going to take no.1 again isnt it?), Mario Kart 8*, Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy(nice!), The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*( both this and mk8 seem to be sneaking back up here), Far Cry 5, Super Mario Odyssey*, The Crew 2, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege, Mario Tennis Aces , FIFA 18*, Lego Incredibles, God of War (2018) (didn’t expect this to drop that far yet…maybe the new game plus stuff will give it a boost?), Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker*, NBA 2K18, Call of Duty: WWII, Detroit: Become Human, MLB 18: The Show, Minecraft**( uh oh…the return!), Destiny 2**

Apparently Nintendo is the top selling publisher for July and YTD.

Top 10 games of 2018
Far Cry 5, God of War (2018), Monster Hunter: World, Call of Duty: WWII, Grand Theft Auto V, Dragon Ball Fighterz, Mario Kart 8*, NBA 2K18, MLB 18: The Show, Super Mario Odyssey

Top selling games for past 12 months:
Call of Duty: WWII, NBA 2K18, Destiny 2**, Madden NFL 18, Super Mario Odyssey, Far Cry 5, Star Wars: Battlefront II**, Assassin’s Creed: Origins, Grand Theft Auto V, God of War 2018

Top 10 xbone
Grand Theft Auto V, Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy ( xbone people actually caring about a platformer?), PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, Far Cry 5, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege, The Crew 2, FIFA 18, Call of Duty: WWII, NBA 2K18, Overwatch (just realized this game wasnt in top 20 for the month)

Top 10 ps4
Grand Theft Auto V, God of War (2018), Detroit: Become Human, MLB 18: The Show, The Crew 2, Far Cry 5, FIFA 18, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege, Horizon Zero Dawn (good to see this title
is still selling), NBA 2K18

Top 10 switch
Octopath Traveler, Mario Kart 8, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Tennis Aces, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Splatoon 2, Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (nice!), Lego Incredibles

Top 10 3ds
Pokemon: Ultra Sun, Pokemon: Ultra Moon, WarioWare: Gold (couldnt knock over pokemon but not bad!), Mario Kart 7, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Super Smash Bros., Super Mario 3D Land, Minecraft, Super Mario Maker, Detective Pikachu

Soo apparently that GC indies presentation wasn’t the indies direct?
https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/1032613428907495425

Free MMO Bless Unleashed announced for Xbone

Capcom announces tgs lineup

Capcom in REmake 3: 'Who knows what the future holds?

Interview with From Software

Dark souls is done, was asked about Tenchu and responded that thet are focusing on new games and games they want to make. So sounds like maybe but don’t expect one anytime soon

Nintendo’s lineup for pax west

1 Like
3 Likes

Senran Kagura doing the lords work.

Who doesn’t want to molest female ninjas of questionable age?

3 Likes
1 Like

The game as a whole is a mess, but there are segments that are amazing. Starting from the prison riot escape, Saejima’s chapters still blow my mind. Beating the life out of nearly every inmate in the prison, escaping on a snowmobile, getting caught in a snow storm, being rescued by a hunter, learning to hunt, repaying your debt, training under a kung fu hermit, beating the living hell out of a giant grizzly, evading the law, turning people into snowmen, using street signs as weapons, becoming the best bowler in town, filling in for Santa, and helping a homeless man get out of town were some of the best experiences I have had in any game. Also as you mentioned the end of chapter beat em up segments and fights were amazing and only made better by the best fighting mechanics in the series.

Despite hoping for the successful assassination of the God damned idol after that awful forced sludge of a section which I tried my best to skip and ignore at all opportunities, Yakuza 5 remains my favorite for the reasons above.

:astonished: https://i.imgur.com/mYdxNio.gifv

1 Like

Miyamoto criticizes the free to play model despite having more success with it over the fixed price model.

Cyberpunk is now playable from start to finish

Xenoverse extra pack 3 launches aug 28th

ZoE demo coming to the states aug 24

Sword art fatal bullet dlc launches on aug 30th

XBC 2 update for pass owners, includes elma as a blade

Gungho announces tgs lineup

Ign may have goofed and leaked that Peppy will be playable in Starlink